Jump to content
jjbscotty12

Banners on staircase

Recommended Posts

Guest Lloyd72
23 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The fans need to get together to get that ripped down if that's the case. 

Fuck modernising the grandest main stand in British football by putting tasteless banners around the stadium. 

Surely there is some way the fans or RSCs can make their voices heard like they are doing with the safe standing issue?

That one at the staircase absolutely needs tearing down

I agree, I'll give you a boost tomorrow and you can pull them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look horrendous, they are making Ibrox look just a tacky as the shithole across the town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I wonder why the SLO said it was not a repair then ? Maybe you are right and that is the solution to the water coming in. It is permanent and not a repair as such. :ohmy: 

No idea mate but it's the only logical reason i can think for the hideous things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They take the character away from Ibrox 

very tacky 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even keen on the ones at the corner above the megastore, the stair case ones look horrific and remind me of scaffolding covers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No idea mate but it's the only logical reason i can think for the hideous things.

It just seems strange the SLO says it is not for a repair but you see water coming in and causing problems. All very strange, but with more people looking for answers we will get to the bottom of it before long. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The glass is leaking at the side i go in, runs onto the stairs causing a slip hazard, cheap way to stop it.

That's my guess.

Even cheaper 

IMG_4971.JPG.145f04f76bbd8def543ceb957ec23b1e.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Banners aside, ibrox is fucking stunning :UK:

IMG_3913.JPG

Stunning without the banners. Fucking atrocious how this has been snuck in the back door. Massive visual changes such as this need to be communicated to the fans. The reason they never is because that would be showing our opinions too much respect. Something fishy is going on with this SLO and the club, i am suspicious of the shelving of copper dog also. 

This highlights further just how much maintenance is needed. The money pena cost could have refurbished the full staircase area and the full stadium pressure washed and painted! The unit better prove his supposed worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

The glass is leaking at the side i go in, runs onto the stairs causing a slip hazard, cheap way to stop it.

That's my guess.

Cheaper then a tube of silicone? I saw 6 figures mentioned. If water is penetrating the glass area? how would putting a but if plastic round it make any difference? Think folk are getting excited for no reason. there must be a valid reason for it. btw. They look shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone should start a petition or something I think this is one of our few issues where some concentrated effort might bring a result they fuxking destroy our historic stadium 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It just seems strange the SLO says it is not for a repair but you see water coming in and causing problems. All very strange, but with more people looking for answers we will get to the bottom of it before long. :thumbup:

Probably not wanting to give the beggars anything to talk about.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're absolutely disgusting and need taken down asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

Cheaper then a tube of silicone? I saw 6 figures mentioned. If water is penetrating the glass area? how would putting a but if plastic round it make any difference? Think folk are getting excited for no reason. there must be a valid reason for it. btw. They look shit. 

Obviously not cheaper than a tube of silicone.

Putting plastic round it would stop the wind driving the rain into the stair case and would be a quicker fix than putting staging up or hiring access machinery and identifiying places of water ingress and repairing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Someone should start a petition or something I think this is one of our few issues where some concentrated effort might bring a result they fuxking destroy our historic stadium 

You do it then ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won tickets to hospitality for the spoon burners game last week and all the suited and booted said they were there for the foreseeable future fucking disgrace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Banners aside, ibrox is fucking stunning :UK:

IMG_3913.JPG

That just looks so stupid with that in the corner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Obviously not cheaper than a tube of silicone.

Putting plastic round it would stop the wind driving the rain into the stair case and would be a quicker fix than putting staging up or hiring access machinery and identifiying places of water ingress and repairing.

So they hung a guy off the roof by the arms and legs to put the "plastic" up. I see. Probably asked him if he could see any pointing that needed done while he was at it, but he was like pffff geez a break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jam_piece said:

So they hung a guy off the roof by the arms and legs to put the "plastic" up. I see. Probably asked him if he could see any pointing that needed done while he was at it, but he was like pffff geez a break. 

The fuck you giving it man?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You do it then ffs

No idea how to and no account.  Wee pricks make a petition every week on here about duck all so sure they can do something when it's actually got a realistic chance of success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought they looked terrible in the photos, but in 'real life' they somehow looked even worse! It's gotta go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Probably not wanting to give the beggars anything to talk about.

 

I could understand that, but with so many fans now annoyed about it they will have to come clean I would think. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I could understand that, but with so many fans now annoyed about it they will have to come clean I would think. :unsure:

Maybe they thought nobody would ask the question, a bit out of touch with the fan base is our board.

I'm only guessing btw, i have no inside knowledge whatsoever.

They are horrendous when you see them up close, hopefully we get them removed in due course.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're fucking shite. They need get them to fuck asap if no I'll be down with the ladder and Stanley knife in the morning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all the banners that have been put up look cheap and tacky and the latest ones have topped the lot - fuckin get them down - wasting a beautiful stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×