Banners on staircase

jjbscotty12

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Maybe they thought nobody would ask the question, a bit out of touch with the fan base is our board.

I'm only guessing btw, i have no inside knowledge whatsoever.

They are horrendous when you see them up close, hopefully we get them removed in due course.

Yes some of them get mixed up with fans and supporters at times. :whistle:

Looking from the fan zone area last Sat I would agree they are hellish. They will have to go. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, M0NTY said:

Stunning without the banners. Fucking atrocious how this has been snuck in the back door. Massive visual changes such as this need to be communicated to the fans. The reason they never is because that would be showing our opinions too much respect. Something fishy is going on with this SLO and the club, i am suspicious of the shelving of copper dog also. 

This highlights further just how much maintenance is needed. The money pena cost could have refurbished the full staircase area and the full stadium pressure washed and painted! The unit better prove his supposed worth.

This SLO is a Joseph Goebbels. A propagandist who does nothing for the fans and everything for his masters.

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

This SLO is a Joseph Goebbels. A propagandist who does nothing for the fans and everything for his masters.

Well you wouldn't want a militant SLO now would you, that would mean having to answer to the important questions the fans want answers too. 

2 hours ago, JohnH said:

The tacky banners are a hallmark of that other mob. The glass panels on the stairwell were an architectural feature that fitted the timeframe when the Main Stand was built. Sacrilege to be covering it up.

I'll be picky and say that they were an architectural feature that were meant to fit in with the period of when the Main Stand was built.

I still don't think they got it right.

But the banners are hideous.

This is just one of a million things that pisses me off about us.

Get the banners to fuck. Those stairwells are unique to Ibrox; they look magnificent both from outside and inside the stadium.

They can't even get the fucking design right, regardless of whether they should be there or not; the legends banners on Edmiston House, above the megastore and across the top of the stands are red, blue and white while these monstrosities on the stairwell look like the old Rangers tartan. Fucking amateur.

Do we employ retards? Fuckwits who aren't skilled enough to run a business or football club? How can any sensible professional look at those stairwells and decide to cover them. Special needs cunts.

The company that designed, and I think manufactured, the banners were told they need to be able to stay up until the end of next close season. Don't know if that means they are going to be replaced or not needed at that time though.

Believe this came from the Head of Commercial, who had an influence on those pretty honking banners inside the staircases at Hampden too, so not massively encouraging he's done the same thing at Ibrox.

If it was him his record at Southampton and the SPL was more than decent, but this is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

33 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I think all the banners that have been put up look cheap and tacky and the latest ones have topped the lot - fuckin get them down - wasting a beautiful stadium

I think the ones above the megastore look good, the visual impact when you see them when you walk on to Mafeking Street from the subway is superb.

4 hours ago, saltire266 said:

Get all the banners around the stadium to fuck, we don't want or need them. A few grand and wash the place FFS

instead of fkn banners there should be LINE MARKING in carparks, and they should get sponsors for car park spaces

sunderland do it and make a fortune

roads and tarmac around stadium is a disgrace