3 x U20s Pushing Close To First Team Action

BlueMexican

Quite a good report:

TIPPED FOR Rangers FIRST TEAM, 18-YR-OLD WINGER IS POSTER BOY OF UPCOMING IBROX GOLDEN GENERATION

By James Black

Rangers Academy chief Craig Mulholland has tipped the current group of youngsters at Auchenhowie to make the leaps into Pedro Caixinha’s first-team squad at Ibrox.

He singled out Jordan Houston, Ross Lyon and Liam Burt as three rising stars who are very close to being promoted from the youth ranks into the senior group.

The trio have been mainstays in Rangers’ Under-20 side under Graeme Murty and will likely see regular game time in the club’s ‘Academy Games’ programme as they all return to fitness after injury.

All three have been involved with the first-team squad over the last 18 months and could offer Pedro Caixinha some more depth to his squad as he tries to stop celtic lifting a seventh successive Scottish Premiership title.

Football Insider have taken a look at the three youngsters named by Mulholland to assess what makes them special and whether they have really got what it takes to be established first teamers.

Jordan Houston

Houston almost made his first-team debut last season under Mark Warburton but never got off the bench.

An attacking full-back who enjoys getting forward, Houston was a consistent feature in Murty’s Under-20s last season as they reached the Scottish FA Youth Cup final.

Only 17-years-old, Houston also captained the Under-17s to the City of Glasgow Cup final as well as representing Scotland at the Under-17 European Championship earlier this year.

Houston could be the long-term replacement for James Tavernier at right-back and is a similarly attack-minded player as the current first-choice.

Made 15 appearances for the Under-20s last term.

Ross Lyon

19-year-old Lyon is one of the most versatile players in Graeme Murty’s Under-20 squad.

Lyon played in a whole host of different positions last season including both full-back positions, central midfield and on both wings, as he found himself filling in gaps throughout the season.

Always looking to get forward, Lyon is the picture of consistency and hard-work in a very talented squad of players.

Lyon made 26 appearances for the Development Squad last season as they reached the Scottish FA Youth Cup final.

Never going to be the most spectacular of players but will go about his business with minimal fuss and regular success.

Burt had been the poster boy for the current group until the elevation of Beerman, Wilson and Barjonas but is arguably the most naturally-gifted of the group.

Struggles with injury over the second-half of the season saw Burt miss out on a recall to first-team action after making his debut under Mark Warburton in the Championship.

Burt was a vital player for the Under-20s scoring 11 times from 28 appearances for Graeme Murty’s side.

Usually deployed as a winger in the Development Squad, 18-year-old Burt has played all across the midfield comfortably.

Burt has represented Scotland Under-21s twice.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You'll have to excuse me for not taking anything TheDude says seriously. 

The only one close to being ready for semi-regular first team action, IMO, is Hardie and he's still got a bit to learn. 

Works for the daily record.  Be just as well joining the inbred sub-section of the taig support that glorifys blowing up innocents.

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Why has he stopped posting on here?

Was there some kind of big fall out?

Aye, he threw Gascoigne under the bus in a weak defence of Leigh Griffiths.

He came on to argue his point a bit but he's not been back as far as I can see. Probably still reads in and will probably start posting again, we all sometimes need a break from the site. It get's to the best and worst of us at times.

Would rather not see him back personally. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

He came on to argue his point a bit but he's not been back as far as I can see. Probably still reads in and will probably start posting again, we all sometimes need a break from the site. It get's to the best and worst of us at times.

Ah okay, must have missed all that.

I think he is a pretty decent contributer to the site, so would not like to see him gone for good.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Ah okay, must have missed all that.

I think he is a pretty decent contributer to the site, so would not like to see him gone for good.

The only thing he contributed to was snide sarky comments and arguments. Him and the Daily Record are a match for each other. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Was that when he tried arguing that Gascoigne was a convicted racist or something and that it was comparable to the shite Griffith's has come out with a few times?

He was a good poster before he joined the Record. Became so tetchy after that,and argued like fuck against everyone. I mind I went after him for picking on bears lol

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The leeching prick should have been banned as soon as he wrote for them.

The shit he came out with about Gazza would get him decked in our city and then some.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I heard he posts under BlueMexican now 

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not seen a single post from him since all that.

I'm guessing his one man crusade in changing the taig infested media isn't working too well.

He disappeared and looks like he's been too busy writing articles about the taigs :megaanguish:

By James Black 13th September

celtic winger Scott Sinclair admitted celtic were nowhere near good enough against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League last night – and tipped the big-spending French side to lift the trophy in May.

Injured celtic striker Moussa Dembele has admitted his frustration watching the Hoops’ 5-0 Champions League demolition at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain – but revealed he will be back soon as celtic face key matches in the next few weeks.

By James Black 13th September

celtic could have to face Bayern Munich or Anderlecht in an empty stadium after a fan rushed onto the pitch and confronted Paris Saint-Germain’s wonder kid Kylian Mbappe during last night’s Champions League fixture between the clubs.

By James Black 13th September

celtic return to domestic action this weekend when they face Ross County at celtic Park on Saturday but, after the 5-0 Champions League humiliation against Paris Saint-Germain, Brendan Rodgers must make some changes to his starting XI as he tries to shake off a Euro hangover.

celtic kicked off their Champions League campaign with a 5-0 reverse at the hands of bigspending PSG – but fans were quick to take to social media and praise the performance of youngster Anthony Ralston.

celtic were demolished 5-0 by Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday night in the heaviest home defeat of their proud European history.

celtic kicked off their Champions League campaign on the wrong end of a 5-0 thumping by Paris Saint-Germain at celtic Park.

celtic kicked off their Champions League campaign tonight with a heavy 5-0 defeat at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain.

Just now, MasterD said:

He disappeared and looks like he's been too busy writing articles about the taigs :megaanguish:

celtic winger Scott Sinclair admitted celtic were nowhere near good enough against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League last night – and tipped the big-spending French side to lift the trophy in May.

Injured celtic striker Moussa Dembele has admitted his frustration watching the Hoops’ 5-0 Champions League demolition at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain – but revealed he will be back soon as celtic face key matches in the next few weeks.

By James Black 13th September

celtic could have to face Bayern Munich or Anderlecht in an empty stadium after a fan rushed onto the pitch and confronted Paris Saint-Germain’s wonder kid Kylian Mbappe during last night’s Champions League fixture between the clubs.

celtic return to domestic action this weekend when they face Ross County at celtic Park on Saturday but, after the 5-0 Champions League humiliation against Paris Saint-Germain, Brendan Rodgers must make some changes to his starting XI as he tries to shake off a Euro hangover.

celtic kicked off their Champions League campaign with a 5-0 reverse at the hands of bigspending PSG – but fans were quick to take to social media and praise the performance of youngster Anthony Ralston.

celtic were demolished 5-0 by Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday night in the heaviest home defeat of their proud European history.

celtic kicked off their Champions League campaign on the wrong end of a 5-0 thumping by Paris Saint-Germain at celtic Park.

celtic kicked off their Champions League campaign tonight with a heavy 5-0 defeat at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain.

That cunts a serious wrong'un ... should be banned from here for that. 

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

but.... but .... but (as he kept reminding us)he's only doing a job that he gets well paid for.

Giving the taigs a positive spin is only a job. Aye fuckin right

him and his poofy fat boyfriend Johnny McFarlane

7 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

but.... but .... but (as he kept reminding us)he's only doing a job that he gets well paid for.

Giving the taigs a positive spin is only a job. Aye fuckin right

No.

He reminded us he didn't NEED the money. But would we pay him more if he stopped writing for the rebel.

He's a troll, an appeaser, and a snake and should be barred sin die from here.

Even at the relatively very late stage of youth development, it's very fucking difficult for people watching every week to guess who will 'make it' (remember 'Blue Heaven'?) - let alone for some semi-pro journo who is imagine hasn't seen the youth team play more than a handful of times, if that.