Windass offered 1 match ban

magic8ball

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Is the taig compliance cunt looking at the dirty bastard who went over the ball on Jack?? 

The article I read this morning said so - it's one thing looking at it, though ... another thing doing something about it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mental that folk can get worse punishment for gestures, celebrating goals, dissent than we've seen folk getting for leg break or rugby tackles.

Or elbows etc that can do damage.

Suppose it's a reflection of society where you can break someone's nose but don't sing a naughty song or you're fucked.

Professional footballers or managers shouldn't be getting dragged into exchanges or verbals with fans. The action of TLB could have incited crowd trouble and was wrong as was JW giving a fan the wanker sign. Should both be punished, yes probably IMO.

The lego muncher not getting called is just favouritism IMO and is a lack of sporting integrity by the compliance officer who isn't fit for purpose 

58 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

this is how amateur and open to abuse this system is .

The compliance officer only looks at things that get highlighted by media .as apparently he doesn't have time to watch all the games 

when this position was first brought in a few years back I watched Hooper blatantly elbow a Motherwell player off the ball.1 replay .no half time or full time inquest by the panel.no action from compliance officer 

2 weeks later naismith does almost the exact same thing.media all over it and he was tried by the media by the Sunday morning .Monday morning he's offered a 2 match ban 

I think the Conpliance Officer looks at anything that is sent to him.  You or I could send him footage and he would be compelled to look at it.  Someone raised the point in SSB and that's the information that was said although it was a few years ago now.

Personally I've no problem with what windas done. The guy was being a wank not returning the ball. And got called out for it. 

We've left ourselves in a glass house with this one though after the club1872's statement about lemon we can pretty much expect to get hammered for this type of shit. 

It's the mass hysteria about a pathetic gesture and mock outrage that turns them into real problems. 

Remember reading in the paper a while back about a (Ice hockey) Manchester player punching a fife supporter because he threw a pint over him. Of course the player got a 5 min penalty for the attack during the game and a 3 match ban after it was reviewed but the reaction from BOTH sets of fans were basically "idiot shouldn't have flung a pint over him, what did he expect"  obviously a ban in that case was the right thing to do  but if that was football it would be front pages and police phoned n folk would be wanted in jail for it. 

yet in football people get oh so fucking offended over a player reacting back to fans being arseholes? A fuckin' ban for calling a spade a spade? 

Oh well. It's clearly ok now for players and managers to tell fans they are wankers, to stick middle fingers up and to get it right fucking up them. A very dangerous precedent. Can't imagine it will be long before some crazy bastard takes to the field and actually properly attacks one of them, rather than just drunk miskicks or poofy slaps. 

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Oh well. It's clearly ok now for players and managers to tell fans they are wankers, to stick middle fingers up and to get it right fucking up them. A very dangerous precedent. Can't imagine it will be long before some crazy bastard takes to the field and actually properly attacks one of them, rather than just drunk miskicks or poofy slaps. 

Maybe it is something the club will deal with internally. I would rather Windass focused more on the park, especially after that performance the other night.

Just now, K.A.I said:

On this instance you are totally correct. It was a Daily Record "exclusive" this morning :lol:  

Wonder who got the scoop, Keith? :lol: 

Didn't stop folk reacting to it tho' 

if it's in the record or sun it just needs ignored!