Herrera as lone striker on Saturday

MisterC

I wouldn't be surprised if herrera ends up playing as lone striker this weekend. The fact is that a 4-5-1 is the logical formation to go but I don't think Morelos is suitable for the lone striker due to his size. I think you need a physical presence and big eduardo fits the bill. He's strong, holds up the ball well and knows where the goal is. I think Morelos temperament might let him down so best he comes off the bench at some stage. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah for all Pedro's fault's I don't think he's the type to radically adapt in that manner.

He's stubborn and determined (that's not a dig before anyone starts) that's his way - he believes we are the best and whatever players he picks are the best so I can't see him going down this route.

Re Herrera I was delighted to see him get that wee neat finish last night. As I've said a few times if he get's a run of games with Morelos he could really offer us something, but because he doesn't score 30 goals in 2 starts some fans can't give him the time even though he's genuinely talented - whilst some talentless players seem to get worshipped and loads of chances. Can't fathom it out.

7 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I wouldn't be surprised if herrera ends up playing as lone striker this weekend. The fact is that a 4-5-1 is the logical formation to go but I don't think Morelos is suitable for the lone striker due to his size. I think you need a physical presence and big eduardo fits the bill. He's strong, holds up the ball well and knows where the goal is. I think Morelos temperament might let him down so best he comes off the bench at some stage. 

No chance . The ball will keep coming back and quickly

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Read a few posters commenting on Morelos temperament, I honestly don't know where the fuck this comes from . He temperament is no worse than anyone elses. 

Correct! He won't be pushed around and has a bit of "Dig" I'd start with him against them.

1 minute ago, LochendBilly said:

Correct! He won't be pushed around and has a bit of "Dig" I'd start with him against them.

I'm not so worried about out attacking players . After watching the scum tonight . We will get chances . That is now a certainty .

For me , its all down to our midfield to contain there's . Do this . We are in with a shout

The wee man led the line well last night. He just ran out of steam. Definitely start with the player in form. Morelos is deadly, if we get a chance against them then he's the man we want on the end of it. 

That being said Herrera will come good as well. Maybe see him for last half hour on Saturday.

Bound to be a Miller and Morelos partnership. Can't see him leaving either out and tbh for me it's the best way to start 

Overall, I'm still convinced a 3-5-2 would be the way to go. DJ and Candeias in wide mid should be making runs ultimately looking to tie in with a deeper hanging Miller and then looking for gaps in the defence to provide a secondary threat alongside Morelos. Or at the very least, dragging the CH's out of position and giving old man Miller space.

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

:fishing:

Would you have Miller in goals due to his experience in old firm games too?

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Nah for all Pedro's fault's I don't think he's the type to radically adapt in that manner.

He's stubborn and determined (that's not a dig before anyone starts) that's his way - he believes we are the best and whatever players he picks are the best so I can't see him going down this route.

Re Herrera I was delighted to see him get that wee neat finish last night. As I've said a few times if he get's a run of games with Morelos he could really offer us something, but because he doesn't score 30 goals in 2 starts some fans can't give him the time even though he's genuinely talented - whilst some talentless players seem to get worshipped and loads of chances. Can't fathom it out.

Aye he is more talented than Joey Garner but Garner was worshipped because of a stupid tune which was in the charts.

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm not so worried about out attacking players . After watching the scum tonight . We will get chances . That is now a certainty .

For me , its all down to our midfield to contain there's . Do this . We are in with a shout

Agree. Said in another thread they looked weak at the back tonight - and that was Dundee FFS. Long balls in like precision guided weapons. I'll get pelters for this but if we go for long balls from midfield into their box/wings then Niko is the best at that. 442 with Eddie and morelos up front, Candeias Dorrans Pena/NK/Jack then McCrorie joining the back line in place of Bruno?

6 hours ago, MisterC said:

Such a strange concept given the selections recently - he has had such limited game time I suspect you're :caughtone: