Blackandra

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Aye Pedro exaggerates everything but in my humble opinion he played really well. Not like the usual youth players that get a wee 10-minute cameo and don't do much but everyone raves about them - he was matured, composed, strong in the tackle and good on the ball. 

And he met the ball before it bounced. That's one thing I noticed Alves and Cardoso tend to do. Gives me a wee heart attack every time

Just now, K.A.I said:

Aye Pedro exaggerates everything but in my humble opinion he played really well. Not like the usual youth players that get a wee 10-minute cameo and don't do much but everyone raves about them - he was matured, composed, strong in the tackle and good on the ball. 

I remember talking to Durrant a few years back and he was raving about the lad Mcrorrie but it was the goalie brother, it seems Ross has kinda went up the pecking order?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Totally agree with that. He looked solid against that big battering ram Sammon

Just now, hammer93 said:

I remember talking to Durrant a few years back and he was raving about the lad Mcrorrie but it was the goalie brother, it seems Ross has kinda went up the pecking order?

I didn't know he was still with us to be honest, but I always thought he looked head and shoulders above other defenders in the under 20's league - but that was season before last - I seen he was at Dumbarton last season but didn't know it was only a loan so I'm glad he's back and put in a good showing the other night.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I didn't know he was still with us to be honest, but I always thought he looked head and shoulders above other defenders in the under 20's league - but that was season before last - I seen he was at Dumbarton last season but didn't know it was only a loan so I'm glad he's back and put in a good showing the other night.

I'm sure his brother is still with us, it would be good to actually produce a young centre half who could make the grade, big Moore is probably the last one we produced

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

I'm sure his brother is still with us, it would be good to actually produce a young centre half who could make the grade, big Moore is probably the last one we produced

We bought him from the Australian institute of Sport so I'm sure he was already developed and ready to go although he only came onto a game when Advocaat brought him back from Palace when they defaulted on payments. Before that he was horrendous.

Just now, hammer93 said:

Danny Wilson before he left and the big PL bucks ruined another player. Fuck knows what happened to him. Did he not get thrown into an old firm game at 17/18?

Just now, K.A.I said:

We bought him from the Australian institute of Sport so I'm sure he was already developed and ready to go although he only came onto a game when Advocaat brought him back from Palace when they defaulted on payments. Before that he was horrendous.

Yeah but was he not only 14 or something when we brought him across, if memory serves me right did he not choose us over Arsenal?

Throw McCrorie in.

I thought he looked decent on Tuesday night and in all honesty, Alves hasn't shown the type of performances I had hoped.

McCrorie captained our under-20s at 17, is a Scotland under-21 internationalist and from what I understand, would have featured last season ahead of Bates had he not been out on loan.

On the topic of centre-halves, Danny Wilson is well and truly out of the picture, it appears.

Saying Alves is a coward no danger some people on social media are on smack. The guy has been there and done it all he certainly isn't going to be scared to face a celtic team which gets pumped all over Europe. If he's missing from Saturday then he will genuinely be injured fact. 

It's only a matter of a couple of hours since Pedro said he didn't know if Alves would make the match.
So we can make of it what we will?????
If it has to be Ross McCrorie then I am comfortable this kid will hold his own,after he mugged a 6'6" irish hammer thrower with a beautiful tackle on the half way line to start the move which led to Herreras goal.  

13 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Throw McCrorie in.

I thought he looked decent on Tuesday night and in all honesty, Alves hasn't shown the type of performances I had hoped.

McCrorie captained our under-20s at 17, is a Scotland under-21 internationalist and from what I understand, would have featured last season ahead of Bates had he not been out on loan.

On the topic of centre-halves, Danny Wilson is well and truly out of the picture, it appears.

Wilson was injured for Partick games.

Could be back for this one, would guess maybe the bench at most.