Alves

Blackandra

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

You'd need to give a fuck to do that mate if this picture is today then is pish patter  , he should be staying, rooming with the young lad tonight, giving him advice , talking him thru it , we just don't have the players that care anymore , playing your biggest rivals and your most experienced player fucks off , says it all , by the way on the pitch he'll be no loss I think he's been Shite so far and he's not tackled any cunt yet and toils big time with the up and at them spl forwards 

You state all of this without having a single piece of info about why he has gone back home. How do you know the manager hasn't suggested he do this; or that it would aid his recovery quicker to be there?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I know he doesn't really understand what this fixture really means to us but Pedro said he wanted "leaders" in our team and Bruno apparently is one of them. I think all the "leaders" injured or not should be in that dressing room tomorrow. I understand he needs to recover but surely it could wait one day. Not only the leadership thing but surely he should be there to soak up the atmosphere so he knows what to expect when we next face them

Couldn't agree more.

Loads of new players there and I'm from the Advocaat mould where he would still be turning up tomorrow with his suit on and eating with the rest of the guys. It's probably down to the manager rather than him I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

He's probably been told to go home for treatment, I'd prefer it if he stayed and went through the matchday routine with the squad and as you say, be there for a few words with McCrorie and still be a squad member for a game like this.

The best guy to give McCrorie advice is Wilson; he has been in that exact same position.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

You state all of this without having a single piece of info about why he has gone back home. How do you know the manager hasn't suggested he do this; or that it would aid his recovery quicker to be there?

If Pedro has that's even worse , he should been here to help the young lad , 

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Ridiculous comment. You think Wilson cannot be of help to McCrorie for tomorrow's game?

Wilson or Alves speaking to a young player before his old firm debut? :lol:

I know Wilson has been there but ffs there's no comparison in experience there. Wilson can't even keep the heid himself.

Just now, Cedrick said:

I said at the start of my post if the picture is genuine 

It's nothing to do with the picture being genuine, but you're criticising the player for going back home when you don't the facts that him to doing so. If I had a calf tear I'd want to be resting it in a warmer climate etc. How do we know that this won't aid his recovery being quicker? I don't know why he's gone back, but if he's gone back then it is most likely to have been with his best interests, and ultimately the club's in terms of getting the player back sooner.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Danny Wilson is fucking dreadful and should have been released into the wild 

Irrelevant to the point that has been made;' Wilson was a young player coming into games like this, I'm sure he can give McCrorie valuable advice in how to get through this game.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's nothing to do with the picture being genuine, but you're criticising the player for going back home when you don't the facts that him to doing so. If I had a calf tear I'd want to be resting it in a warmer climate etc. How do we know that this won't aid his recovery being quicker? I don't know why he's gone back, but if he's gone back then it is most likely to have been with his best interests, and ultimately the club's in terms of getting the player back sooner.

If which I hope it isn't a family matter I agree he should be away home if not it's 100% wrong he's away home today and Pedro is wrong for allowing it 

45 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I'm not overly concerned about Alves being out,he's been a massive let down for me so far tbh our defence has still been pish with him in there.

A massive let down; meaning one mistake last week? I think he's been fairly good at times; we are very early in the season, and a new central defensive partnership takes time. The shape of the defence is far better, and Alves does things that don't get credit; just like Dorrans does things that don't get credit. A massive let down? No.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

a massive let down; meaning one mistake last week? I think he's been fairly good at times; we are very early in the season; a new central defensive partnership takes time. The shape of the defence is far better, and Alves does things that don't get credit; just like Dorrans does things that don't get credit. A massive let down? No.

He's made more than one mistake he's hardly been the dominating centre back he was billed to be,he's been caught out of position on a few occasions and been bullied and beaten in the air too often for me,yes he's a step up from the utter garbage we had but it was expecting more tbh,as you say though it takes time and he never had a pre season due to being at confederations cup so hopefully he'll improve but the jury's still out for me.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

He's made more than one mistake he's hardly been the dominating centre back he was billed to be,he's been caught out of position on a few occasions and been bullied and beaten in the air too often for me,yes he's a step up from the utter garbage we had but it was expecting more tbh,as you say though it takes time and he never had a pre season due to being at confederations cup so hopefully he'll improve but the jury's still out for me.

Has he really, by who?

Sore one, but Bruno has made his own share of mistakes so far, his being injured isn't a prophecy of doom. Go with a back 3 of Tav, Cardoso and McRorie. If Pedro has any wits about him then this last week should have been focused on our defensive game and they should all know that 100% is required from anyone selected.

15 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

Sore one, but Bruno has made his own share of mistakes so far, his being injured isn't a prophecy of doom. Go with a back 3 of Tav, Cardoso and McRorie. If Pedro has any wits about him then this last week should have been focused on our defensive game and they should all know that 100% is required from anyone selected.

Tav in a back 3?? Surely to fuck no