Tom English on the bbc website.

Helicopter Sundae

Must admit, when I read his take on the match, it quite stunned me.

Not in the usual manner, where I get raging and explosive, but in the opposite manner, for once, where he actually tore into them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41378136

When deciding to rail against celtic in the wake of Saturday's Old Firm game, Pedro Caixinha wasn't exactly short on causes to fight.

He could have

highlighted the flare flung on to the pitch from the celtic end,

he could have

raised the big claim for a penalty when the score was still 0-0,

he could have shone a light on Leigh Griffiths'

provocative behaviour when blowing his nose on the blue paper

that was part of the Ibrox club's tifo display before appearing to

wipe the contents of his nose on a corner flag

bedecked with the Rangers emblem. What Griffiths did was

insulting and inflammatory.

A few weeks ago, celtic fans were in a state of high-dudgeon when Neymar refused to shake Tony Ralston's hand at the end of a Champions League match.

The Brazilian was criticised for showing a lack of respect to a young professional trying to make his way in the game at the top level. What, then, do we say of Griffiths? A lark to be dismissed as part of Old Firm panto or something worthy of censure? The latter, surely.

Caixinha picked an argument right enough, but he picked an odd one. He went up against Scott Brown on the touchline at half-time about what he saw as an elbow from the celtic captain into the head of Alfredo Morelos.

He followed up on the theme in the post-match news conference, metaphorically squaring up to Brown again, pointing to the player's reputation while giving it the 'you try that with me and you'll see what happens' routine.

The Rangers manager was correct in one regard.

Brown does get away with things in games in Scotland.

He is a commanding footballer and leader and has an aura that helps him out. He sometimes goes

unpunished for things other players get sanctioned for.

Among fans of other clubs, it is a bit of a

running joke

about the number of

fouls he is allowed to have before a referee will take action against him.

For that to come out of Tom English is incredible......if he can see it and confirm what he and all of us saw, then it is time for action to take place.

Griffiths has already had his arse kicked ( although not for what he did at Ibrox, but by a different football authority). As for Brown, it seems the people in authority are shit scared to deal with him.

Those screaming bastards have influenced and intimidated so many in Scottish football, and for English to have to report it, as he had no option to, otherwise his claim to be a journalist would be a  piss-take, the time has come for us to stop this shit in its tracks.

They had to try to kill our club to get the better of us. They thought their Messiah would be Martin O'Neill, but he wasn't, and we slugged it out and carried on while our expensive team gradually degraded due to the lack of external money coming into the game in Scotland, while England went mental with huge money from tv deals. Even then, we still kept our noses in front, and got to a UEFA Cup Final. 
They then took full advantage of the meltdown in the post 2008 crash to lay into us. They used every possible means to attack us, and brought their political power and focused it right on us. The nett effect in football terms was that millions of Pounds worth of playing talent walked straight out the door with barely a penny recovered, all predicated on the premise that we had broken tax regulations.  

The  fact that we won a majority verdict in the first instance, and only once it came to a Scottish Appeal court where that was overturned 3:0 did they obtain their proof that they were "right" all along to attack us.

We cannot get that same calibre of talent back because we cannot afford it. 

At this moment, if we genuinely cannot compete with them on the pitch, then by fuck, we should be fighting every battle off it.

Starting with a unanimous stance on the very issues that one of our biggest haters can see, and must report on.

If not, we are just going to keep getting humped on and off the pitch.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Surprised at you HS reading anything that papish bastard says...........

Unlike some, we don't seek preferential treatment, just even handed.

It's important that we recognise it when we see it, otherwise it'll dry up altogether.

I read that a little while ago and was surprised it was an article by English who is the first one to put the boot into us usually.

Brown and Griffiths are an out and out pair of out of control cunts that seem to be able to do just what the fuck they want with zero repercussions, in all my years of watching football I have never seen any player apart from Griffiths(knowing exactly what he is doing) spitting in the tunnel/ wiping his snot on the corner flag/ taking the piss leaning on the flag/tying scarfs to the posts et al, he is a good footballer but an absolute cretin as an individual, and must be taken to task by the authorities.

Actually read this earlier maself,tells u all u need to know that bastard brown gets away with fucking allsorts in games and nothing is done about it,no wonder pedro lost the plot,hes the only 1 who stood up for whats right,fair play to him for that,all the referees should be called into question for the amount of things he gets away with,all for the sake of sporting integrety of course

Its as balanced an article as we will ever from English. He highlights everything they were doing and names the players involved. 

However, he still has a wee dig at Pedro. Its as if he can't help himself. It does show that everyone knows what is happening in Scottish football,but its OK as its the jolly craicsters doing it, and they are terribly naughty. 

A complaint has to come from the club tomorrow to the authorities respectfully highlighting these incidents and demanding action. Just don't hold your breath anyone, you and I know the air will be long gone before any action is taken. 

24 minutes ago, wishawbear87 said:

Actually read this earlier maself,tells u all u need to know that bastard brown gets away with fucking allsorts in games and nothing is done about it,no wonder pedro lost the plot,hes the only 1 who stood up for whats right,fair play to him for that,all the referees should be called into question for the amount of things he gets away with,all for the sake of sporting integrety of course

The referees are scared. For example. Brown gets sent off. They appeal. Goes to appeal. celtic turn up with QC on hand. Sporting integrity. The refs dont want that kind of stuff. easier to ignore - look at the number of ex refs who no longer wish to sit on appeals committees!

1 hour ago, Alwaysblue said:

The referees are scared. For example. Brown gets sent off. They appeal. Goes to appeal. celtic turn up with QC on hand. Sporting integrity. The refs dont want that kind of stuff. easier to ignore - look at the number of ex refs who no longer wish to sit on appeals committees!

A know what ur sayin but it goes away back years not jst this year,and if referees are scared to do there job they shouldnt be in the job,couple of instances last year to,think st johnstone were denied a stonewall penalty at the hands of that bastard at the piggery while already winning 1-0 these are game changing desicions and if referees had done there jobs properly we might not be getting this invincebles pish rammed in our faces constantly,if referee had done his job properly he wouldnt have been playin yesterday

4 minutes ago, wishawbear87 said:

A know what ur sayin but it goes away back years not jst this year,and if referees are scared to do there job they shouldnt be in the job,couple of instances last year to,think st johnstone were denied a stonewall penalty at the hands of that bastard at the piggery while already winning 1-0 these are game changing desicions and if referees had done there jobs properly we might not be getting this invincebles pish rammed in our faces constantly,if referee had done his job properly he wouldnt have been playin yesterday

Correct, he booted some Hamilton player and got off with it, rinse and repeat.

Just now, wishawbear87 said:

I don't disagree with a word you are saying. What you have to realise that the three "irish" teams in Scotland conspired against us. Thomson is now out of the picture. Petrie looks like he is feathering his own nest. Lawwell is on his own to an extent. His only asset at the moment is he has the newspapers by the short and curlies by threatening with the removal of advertising by "celtic Minded People". That is Phoenix Honda and GCC. That has been there for years. Graeme Park bit back with removal of Spiers. I think the worm may be turning. Robertson, Budge etc

14 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

I don't disagree with a word you are saying. What you have to realise that the three "irish" teams in Scotland conspired against us. Thomson is now out of the picture. Petrie looks like he is feathering his own nest. Lawwell is on his own to an extent. His only asset at the moment is he has the newspapers by the short and curlies by threatening with the removal of advertising by "celtic Minded People". That is Phoenix Honda and GCC. That has been there for years. Graeme Park bit back with removal of Spiers. I think the worm may be turning. Robertson, Budge etc

The worm may be turning. ?? Robertson ??

As for English he’s a cunt plain and simple. 

1 hour ago, Alves70 said:

If even Tom O'English is admitting publicly that Brown gets away with being a thug in Scottish football you know just how bad it has become even he can't ignore it.

Bingo.

It can no longer go unchallenged.

It could only get further endorsed if Sutton came out with the same , and he would have to if he was honest.

1 hour ago, Alwaysblue said:

That is a shameful situation.

My old mans as staunch as you get, took me to my first orange walk at 9 months old an he's always said he's a non biased decent journo, even if I've brought up some potential wrong articles published by him. 

For once he's saying it as we're seeing it, how the officials should see.