Rangers Picture Thread

6 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

i.ll give it a go .ian mccoll.?  dave mckay ?? jim baxter eric caldow ? front   ? denis law  alec young ralph brand  is it george mullhall?

Close but no cigar, I can't believe you  didn't  spot   Davie Wilson

Back row   L-R ,  Ian McColl, Duncan McKay, Dave MacKay, Jackie Penderleith, Lawrence Leslie, Jim Baxter, Eric Caldow, Jimmy Millar , Dawson Walker (Trainer)

Front row  L-R,     George Herd, Denis Law, Alex Young, Ralph Brand and Davie Wilson

3 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

That's circa 1963, pic at Lesser Hampden.  Davie Holt used to play for Hearts between Ian McColl and Dave MacKay. Alex Young Everton between  Dennis Law and Ralphie Brand.

It's team v   Northern Ireland, 09 November 1960

Duncan MacKay    between Ian McColl and Dave MacKay     and you missed   Davie Wilson too mate

9 hours ago, Don54 said:

It's team v   Northern Ireland, 09 November 1960

Duncan MacKay    between Ian McColl and Dave MacKay     and you missed   Davie Wilson too mate

Is it Duncan MacKay, I didn't mention Davie Wilson mate, I took all the Rangers player as a gimme,  hadn't a scooby who the goalie or the guy next to him was, Plenderleith and Leslie, just shows you through the decades Scotland have always been a team of one game wonders. The daze when half the team was Rangers players, long gone eh !

39 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Is it Duncan MacKay, I didn't mention Davie Wilson mate, I took all the Rangers player as a gimme,  hadn't a scooby who the goalie or the guy next to him was, Plenderleith and Leslie, just shows you through the decades Scotland have always been a team of one game wonders. The daze when half the team was Rangers players, long gone eh !

On the subject of one-game wonders, I remember my old man telling me about a player called  Henry Morris who played for East Fife and Dundee United

who when he was still at East Fife,  scored a hat-trick in his only Scotland game, in an 8-2 win over Ireland in October 1949.

42 minutes ago, Don54 said:

On the subject of one-game wonders, I remember my old man telling me about a player called  Henry Morris who played for East Fife and Dundee United

who when he was still at East Fife,  scored a hat-trick in his only Scotland game, in an 8-2 win over Ireland in October 1949.

You old man was spot on, Willie Waddell got a couple as well :tu:

image.thumb.jpeg.5d383caa681d6c56aea5fcc4a651920a.jpeg

6 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

You old man was spot on, Willie Waddell got a couple as well :tu:

image.thumb.jpeg.5d383caa681d6c56aea5fcc4a651920a.jpeg

long gone, look at the line up cowan morton  aitken east fife  steel derby c. mason third lanark  morris e.fife  reilly   hibs    , 6 players from clubs that have dissapeared  ex hibs  but they dont get many international caps now..

31 minutes ago, Don54 said:

aNnpZM1.thumb.jpg.2e705073fb082011d1a7ef2f0fba6525b.jpg.f3d39e209f583d2a2568cef893d465f5.jpg

Bears leaving Ibrox after thrashing the scum   4-0  on    January the   1st 1963

Not too much over exuberance either. It was clearly quite a normal occurrence spanking the Mhanks in those days.