Ryan Jack

j1mgg

20 minutes ago, PRW. said:

:lol: step too far.

He has done ok, good in possession as usual and solid defensively.

But he is still best playing CM and replacing our best attacking outlet in the team to play Jack out of position is a terrible shout.

We can get Rossiter to do the job, he is only 7-10 days out :dance:

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rfc52 said:

Again i thought hes improved in that aspect this season. hes one of the few positives from the barking caravan and the bald cockney

Don’t see it myself yet - if we want to play Tav we need a back 3 for the extra cover - McCrorie Alves Wilson would do me fine then we can have a luxury like Tav in that position 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Don’t see it myself yet - if we want to play Tav we need a back 3 for the extra cover - McCrorie Alves Wilson would do me fine then we can have a luxury like Tav in that position 

i think/hope the next manager goes 3-5-2.

We have the players and in Tav and wallace/john we have full backs who can get up and down very easily. Id really like to see us play that way and thats a cracking central 3 imo

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Again i thought hes improved in that aspect this season. hes one of the few positives from the barking caravan and the bald cockney

He’s good at defending 1 on 1 but his positional sense, tracking runs inside and lapses in concentration have cost us a few times with him. Still don’t see it as a position we need to strengthen drastically.

Just now, Siwel said:

He’s good at defending 1 on 1 but his positional sense, tracking runs inside and lapses in concentration have cost us a few times with him. Still don’t see it as a position we need to strengthen drastically.

Agree with all that except the last line - new full backs have been or should been a priority for yonks now 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Agree with all that except the last line - new full backs have been or should been a priority for yonks now 

I think we could do with some cover at RB and a starter at LB other than that think we’d be paying a lot of cash to get someone who can defend as well as they go forward. I’d like to see how Tav does under a manger who can organise a defence.

Just now, Siwel said:

I think we could do with some cover at RB and a starter at LB other than that think we’d be paying a lot of cash to get someone who can defend as well as they go forward. I’d like to see how Tav does under a manger who can organise a defence.

Under the next manager if he still can’t defend his time should be up this will be his third chance 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Under the next manager if he still can’t defend his time should be up this will be his third chance 

Had 2 chances under shite managers and he’s survived both tbf to him so they must see something. 

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Had 2 chances under shite managers and he’s survived both tbf to him so they must see something. 

He’s got something - even I see that I mentioned it, he’s alright going forward and got good assists but I think his defending is shocking. A few folk have said to me this season they think he’s improved that side of his game but I don’t think he’s as good a defender as we need not by a long shot - and the left hand side is worse 

Just now, K.A.I said:

He’s got something - even I see that I mentioned it, he’s alright going forward and got good assists but I think his defending is shocking. A few folk have said to me this season they think he’s improved that side of his game but I don’t think he’s as good a defender as we need not by a long shot - and the left hand side is worse 

Left hand side should be our priority, Tav and Candeias have a decent partnership building on the right but Windass is pish and we could do with a new starting LB

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Left hand side should be our priority, Tav and Candeias have a decent partnership building on the right but Windass is pish and we could do with a new starting LB

Again understandings and attacking options are good and well but you said yourself his concentration levels, positional sense when defending isn’t there and that’s what I look for first and foremost in a full back 

27 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yes when it comes to going forward and some assists call me old fashioned but I want full backs that can defend - which we don’t have 

Some seem to accept flat track bullies, aye he’s been great going forward this season, will he get the same plaudits after we play Aberdeen and celtic more?

Tav’s dire, unless yer Dani Alves of 2009 ye can’t get away with being that lazy and poor positionally.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Why the hate for Candeias? He’s class

I quite like him myself but he looked really average/non-existent against celtic 

rightly or wrongly that’s how I benchmark our players

ive seen a lot worse than him though but we need a step up to challenge 

but for now he’s ok 

Archived