backup

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, backup said:

Imho if the player rebellion is true, they have spat in the eye of the club the manager and much more importantly we fans,if they couldn’t/wouldn’t accept authority they sbhould have done the honourable thing and resigned their lucrative contracts.

As long as boards surrender to player power  fans will be irrelevant, cash cows apart.

Managed to squeeze it in.................have been waiting for it :rofl:

The ironic truth of the matter was that this board didn't fold and actually backed the manager in getting rid of many of the problem players and bringing in new ones. This when it is always easier to get rid of the manager. Equally, given precedent,  you could argue they were fighting an impossible battle.

Truth is probably somewhere in between, I think it’s fairly obvious Miller and Pedro had words. 

It’s blatantly obvious Miller let his agent run to the media. 

Pedro is gone and Miller will be soon hopefully followed by Wallace, so it’s on we go again hopefully to good things and not the usual clusterfuck. 

I suppose we'll hear Pedro's views of events in due course.   In the meantime replacing what seems to be one faction of dissenting British players with another faction of now potentially dissenting overseas players is not a circumstance any interim or incoming manager will want on his hands.  

The extent to which the overseas players brought in by Pedro down tools in whatever form the downing of tools takes in order to work their escape from Ibrox is now bound to be the subject of intense speculation.   Players who are fit but not in the squad, players in the squad but not selected for games, players who play but who don't have good games and so on are all now going to be stuff of mainstream sports media and social media speculation........and maybe even more leaks and stories.  IMO its going to take strong and effective leadership by a manager, the DOF (still largely invisible it seems) and the directors to get a grip of this and to keep players motivated to give their very best for the Club.  

Thing is though the directors are at the helm of the Club and have allowed the Club to drift into choppy and dangerous waters of institutional and systemic failings.  As much as Pedro will pick up a rightful share of the blame, the dissenting players must also bear their share of the blame.  But the directors including the MD and DOF should be the main target for blame because they are the ones who direct, who set the objectives and tone, who set the framework in which the manager and players operate, and who have the responsibility as stewards of the Club to ensure that the Club is not ploughing into realms of institutional and systemic failings.   

The directors bear the lions share of the blame on this. 2 failed efforts to appoint a credible experienced manager who can deliver results for the Club and in doing so now oversee a situation where systemic and institutional failings need to be remedied.    

At the very least they should come under strong and severe pressure at the AGM to account for their own performance in the football shambles that has unfolded under their watch.    Better still would be the emergence of other investors to replace them ....... but since that does not appear likely they have the luxury of knowing that their failings can go unchecked other than from some mild dissent at an AGM and the odd raised voice of criticism at match games and maybe the odd critical media article.    The seem to have reached the happy state (for them anyway) of being beyond effective challenge and beyond being held to proper account. 

I was one of the last to defend PC , not so much that he looked like succeeding , but rather he needed time to implement so many changes , particularly with so many different cultures . And , to an extent , I still think there is an argument for that . 

Ill ignore last season ( tin hat on there ) , because it was always stated he was given that to assess and prepare for this season . However , this season I honestly can't say I've seen any indication of any system of football that saw progress . We struggled to find that cutting edge in the final third , we seemed to lack the imagination to break down even any semi reasonably organised defence . How often to we dominate games against lesser opposition ? The Motherwell game typified his season so far . Kilmarnock on Wednesday , when we had every right to expect a reaction , there was nothing .  By now we should have seen something - we haven't , and that's why he's gone .

Man management is part and parcel of every day life , more so in football . I'm not going to kid on , on  what went on because I don't know , but if there was a problem , then he's obviously failed in that too . Do the players have to accept responsibility for that ? To a degree , maybe , we'll find out if the next manager has the same problem . Somehow , I doubt he will , which should tell you something . 

I actually like him , his press mumbling didn't bother me , but the team performances did . I wish him well , but I think it suits all parties that we've now parted company . 

1 hour ago, backup said:

If this is in any way true from the herald it is a very poor show.

PEDRO Caixinha knew his days at Rangers were numbered from early on in his reign.

Keen to establish a new, progressive, European-style culture at the club, the Portuguese coach, who was sacked on Thursday, met with resistance almost from the start, with his decision to truncate the summer holiday period treated with disdain.

It brought echoes of the Paul Le Guen era which ended in similarly ignominious circumstances in 2007, the French coach lasting even less time in the manager’s job than Caixinha. Where a sour relationship with his captain Barry Ferguson was the undoing of Le Guen, a three-time Le Championnat winner as head coach of Lyon, Caixinha’s dealings with Kenny Miller were equally acrimonious.

With his “Scottish” players, led by Miller, refusing to adapt to his training methods or accept the demands the Portuguese coach was making on his players, Caixinha found himself trying to coach a squad that was riven down the middle. When he was forced to confront Miller about his alleged leaking of dressing-room information, it was the final straw. Yet, while Miller might have been banished from the kingdom, there remained a number of subjects who were loyal to the most senior player in the squad, rather than their manager.

Such was the level of mutual distrust between the feuding sides, it is believed those in Caixinha’s camp were openly questioning whether there was an ulterior motive behind the circumstances which led to Ryan Jack’s three red cards in 13 games.

But this was about more than one man’s shortcomings. There was a clear failure in leadership at the top. Stewart Robertson, the managing director, Andrew Dickson, head of football administration, and director Graeme Park, are all believed to have been in favour of Caixinha’s appointment, but there was a split with others, such as Paul Murray and John Gilligan, against it. In the early days of the Caixinha tenure, he was under the impression that he would be in charge of coaching but it soon became clear, as the club struggled to find a director of football to match their budget, that he would be responsible for player recruitment, too.

It is the “institutional failure” that Rangers director Alastair Johnston was referring to in the aftermath of Caixinha’s departure. Tellingly, though, Johnston said he believed the squad was “better than people think and perhaps a new management team will get more out of them”.

“The decision was obviously something that was under consideration for a while, we are not deaf and blind,” Johnston said. “I think the events of the last couple of weeks demonstrated institutional failure, if you will. It was a systemic problem and not just one we thought could be corrected easily with the current personnel.”

That squad was, in large part, assembled by Caixinha. There is no denying he was deserving of a significant portion of blame, too.

His increasingly bizarre public pronouncements – whether talking about the omerta of trips to Vegas or caravans and dogs – owed much to a solid yet flawed grasp of the English language and a failure to gauge properly how the press, his employers, his players and the Rangers supporters construed his comments. With half a squad weighted against him, his position was untenable.

His removal leaves a sizeable tranche of players at Rangers who are now questioning their own futures. Those who were at Murray Park on Friday noted a lighter mood around the place and Miller has been welcomed back into the fold. But not everyone will be happy with that decision, certainly not those who feel Caixinha was failed by players who showed little or no enthusiasm to adapt to his methods.

Caixinha’s exit again raises the hoary argument about the attitudes of Scottish players and their ability to change, to embrace new ideas and cultures. Player power is part and parcel of the modern game and it can take many different forms. There is outright dissent, as displayed at Rangers, which infects all who are exposed to it and there is the insidious variety – where gradual decline comes when players stop short of mutiny but nevertheless stop responding to instruction, as appeared to happen at celtic under Ronny Deila.

The Norwegian, though, still managed to secure two league titles and so celtic persisted with their experiment before ushering in the Brendan Rodgers era. That move now looks inspired and has merely compounded Rangers’ failure to improve on the failed Mark Warburton appointment with a more dubious dabble with the chemistry set in appointing Caixinha.

No doubt Caixinha will, in the days ahead, reflect on the aforementioned institutional failures expressed by Johnston. In that respect, he shares a similarity with his predecessor Warburton who was similarly hung out to dry by his employers.

The Rangers board must hold up a collective hand and say “we chose this man because he was the outstanding candidate as decided by the strictures we placed on the position”.

The next appointment is crucial and carries some caveats; they do not make for great reading. Will Derek McInnes really help Rangers to close the gap on celtic? He recorded par with Aberdeen on a sizeable budget in the league. The best he can hope for is to do the same with Rangers.

And will the board, with all their delusions of a former grandeur, be prepared to accept second best or will the next man find himself battling the kind of unrealistic expectations that have claimed the past two coaches?

I agree with this totally , I'm not sure Pedro was the answer but his ideas and his passion were going the right way.

Too many on here wrote him off from the start because they didn't get their love in Manager McIness for the role.

Kenny Miller should be hunted far too big an ego in the same mould as Barry was. Aye he scored two great goals yesterday but he has been shite all season so he should be sacked also is that fair?

All but one of Pedro1s signings will become very good players so I don't think he wasted money apart from Pena but we will never know the transfer fee for him.

The board have been shocking for the last few Managers, spent money on bargain basement players and expect to win trophies. Time for a sizeable budget for real players or they can fuck off.

Kilmarnock was a farce but fast forward to the British record team and they drew so ? Pedro would have beaten Hearts also .

38 minutes ago, backup said:

Imho if the player rebellion is true, they have spat in the eye of the club the manager and much more importantly we fans,if they couldn’t/wouldn’t accept authority they sbhould have done the honourable thing and resigned their lucrative contracts.

As long as boards surrender to player power  fans will be irrelevant, cash cows apart.

Fuck up

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

I was one of the last to defend PC , not so much that he looked like succeeding , but rather he needed time to implement so many changes , particularly with so many different cultures . And , to an extent , I still think there is an argument for that . 

Ill ignore last season ( tin hat on there ) , because it was always stated he was given that to assess and prepare for this season . However , this season I honestly can't say I've seen any indication of any system of football that saw progress . We struggled to find that cutting edge in the final third , we seemed to lack the imagination to break down even any semi reasonably organised defence . How often to we dominate games against lesser opposition ? The Motherwell game typified his season so far . Kilmarnock on Wednesday , when we had every right to expect a reaction , there was nothing .  By now we should have seen something - we haven't , and that's why he's gone .

Man management is part and parcel of every day life , more so in football . I'm not going to kid on , on  what went on because I don't know , but if there was a problem , then he's obviously failed in that too . Do the players have to accept responsibility for that ? To a degree , maybe , we'll find out if the next manager has the same problem . Somehow , I doubt he will , which should tell you something . 

I actually like him , his press mumbling didn't bother me , but the team performances did . I wish him well , but I think it suits all parties that we've now parted company . 

Good post mate. 

Disagree to a degree on the player/ manager interaction and the players involved not shouldering a lot of the blame. The manager is the boss and ultimately he carries the can and is the one that will get sacked. 

I’m still baffled by our home form, that league table of away games compared to home games that was posted last night was unbelievable. Anyone looking at it would think we send out the reserves at Home  

It will be very interesting to see what happens next Saturday when Partick come to Ibrox sit in deep are well organised and get stuck in. 

8 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Is the author of this piece really insinuating that Ryan Jack has been getting sent off in order undermine the manager? Get to Fuck.

No surprise to see the OP. post this shite aswell.

From.young Williams quill to.tanks on the lawn  the guys a fucking bawbag and anything but a Rangers supporter. Used to post John James shite as well

He was kind of doomed from the beginning because he wasn't winning enough games. We'll never know if Miller and the rest with these alleged 'divisions' made the situation worse (imo it probably did) but at the end of the day it's time to move on. Hopefully Miller and Wallace will be moved on/replaced in the close season because they've been generally shite for a while (Miller's two goals yesterday notwithstanding) so whoever the new manager is might not have these supposed issues in the future.

47 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Pedro should have bumped Miller rather than offer him a contract. I don't think this is the last we will hear of this situation and I think some shock waves are still to be felt. 

This is an interesting point to which I referred to a number of weeks ago.

I posted various links to SEVERAL DR articles (April 2017) that were constantly pushing the case for Miller to get an extension (mutual favours?). It seemed to me that Pedro was reluctant to give it the go ahead despite Miller doing the business on-field. In the end he backed down and Miller got his extra year.

Whilst Pedro purged a fair few of those who weren't entirely on board, Miller was a significant voice who stayed.

-----------------------

As for shock waves, I think we have little choice other than to consign this to the past and move-on. 

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

This is an interesting point to which I referred to a number of weeks ago.

I posted various links to SEVERAL DR articles (April 2016) that were constantly pushing the case for Miller to get an extension. It seemed to me that Pedro was reluctant to give it the go ahead despite Miller doing the business on-field. In the end he backed down and Miller got his extra year.

Whilst Pedro purged a fair few of those who weren't entirely on board, Miller was a significant voice who stayed.

-----------------------

As for shock waves, I think we have little choice other than to consign this to the past and move-on. 

There will be players who want to leave now. The ones that do will denounce Miller in the media. I think this will rumble on a bit.

8 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Is the author of this piece really insinuating that Ryan Jack has been getting sent off in order undermine the manager? Get to Fuck.

Not just that though , as 1 of the red cards was overturned are they suggesting refs were out too get him sacked ?

Just now, cushynumber said:

There will be players who want to leave now. The ones that do will denounce Miller in the media. I think this will rumble on a bit.

The media will be looking hard and encouraging further controversy (it's what they do) but what trumps this now is moving on with a new manager and results.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Good post mate. 

Disagree to a degree on the player/ manager interaction and the players involved not shouldering a lot of the blame. The manager is the boss and ultimately he carries the can and is the one that will get sacked. 

I’m still baffled by our home form, that league table of away games compared to home games that was posted last night was unbelievable. Anyone looking at it would think we send out the reserves at Home  

It will be very interesting to see what happens next Saturday when Partick come to Ibrox sit in deep are well organised and get stuck in. 

It's hard to tell about the player / management interaction because no one really knows what went on , other anyone at Ibrox . I can only go with , to me , guys like Wallace and Miller seem reasonable kind of guys and don't strike me as being troublemakers without reason . I'm sure these things go on elsewhere but other managers seem to handle it , or at least keep a lid on it , PC didn't or couldn't do that . 

I think it suits us when teams have a go at us which is why our away results have been good and struggle when they shut up shop at home . Seems ages since we found away of unlocking an organised defence , I think McCoist and Warburton struggled in that department too . Let's hope the next guy has a system where we can get back to breaking them down .