backup

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

His days were numbered when the filth  destroyed us 2-0 at Hampden them after the 5-1 defeat a few days later he should have been bloody sacked.  Total non story 

The 5-1 game was the worst performance I’ve ever seen,  should have been 8 or 9 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Na. Need to stay just under the super tax bracket. Got a wee car boot sale of all the waens Tonka trucks and made 6 quid. So we can have dinner the night 

It's getting chilly, remember to think about heating as well. 

19 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

His days were numbered when the filth  destroyed us 2-0 at Hampden them after the 5-1 defeat a few days later he should have been bloody sacked.  Total non story 

Anyone who thinks he didn't get time and patience needs to remember this as well as the Aberdeen record lost and the European defeat

A Rangers manager would never have been able to survive past all that in previous times

A bad idea that was indulged way longer than it should have been.

Murty did in 3 days what Pedro couldn’t achieve in 7 months.

Made them look like a team.

Still rough edges, but that was a proper team performance yesterday.

20 hours ago, gsa said:

Many of us were upset about the"loyal servants" attitude well before this whole sorry episode. 

While none of us know the facts relating to this last couple of months, we do know the following:

Miller refused a contract for more money in turkey. 

Miller played for celtic and ran around beating the badge on his chest. 

Miller sanctioned his agent to post pathetic nonsense online. 

To see grown men who have supported Rangers all their lives singing "one Kenny Miller" while the loyal servant points to the Rangers badge on his shirt is utterly embassing. How far we have sunk. Club is a laughing stock. 

By the way you’re absolutely bang on. Anybody that has been on these boards over the last few weeks and read some of the vitriol directed towards Kenny Miller will know that he has taken it with both barrels. The fact he scores twice on Saturday and he’s suddenly the golden boy with everyone singing his name again is absolutely cringeworthy. Some of our fans are the epitome of fickle at worst and have short memories at best. 

49 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

By the way you’re absolutely bang on. Anybody that has been on these boards over the last few weeks and read some of the vitriol directed towards Kenny Miller will know that he has taken it with both barrels. The fact he scores twice on Saturday and he’s suddenly the golden boy with everyone singing his name again is absolutely cringeworthy. Some of our fans are the epitome of fickle at worst and have short memories at best. 

Speak for yourself on that one 

While I wasn't sure what was going on I never thought he deserved the abuse he was getting from some 

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Speak for yourself on that one 

While I wasn't sure what was going on I never thought he deserved the abuse he was getting from some 

If you look back through my posts you’ll also see I also refrained from comment. You’ll agree the reaction on Saturday was pretty ridiculous then, considering you also noted the level of abuse he has taken? 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

If you look back through my posts you’ll also see I also refrained from comment. You’ll agree the reaction on Saturday was pretty ridiculous then, considering you also noted the level of abuse he has taken? 

The abuse never came at the games far as I saw though 

The online support has never represented the match going support as a whole 

58 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Tbh Kenny clearly had a point to prove but he deserved some of the criticism he's been poor all season and was deservedly dropped

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I was giving both Kenny and Pedro abuse in recent weeks and when Pedro was sacked I was overjoyed, only to have that feeling taken from me by Kenny and Windass winning the game for us on Saturday. 

I watched you die last night in Control. Decent movie, liked the Joy Division documentary better though - that’s amazing.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I watched you die last night in Control. Decent movie, liked the Joy Division documentary better though - that’s amazing.

I didn't like it. It's based on a book written by his angry as fuck wife that makes it look like the only thing wrong with Ian was a troubled marriage :lol: 

The guy playing him was pretty spot on though and aye, the documentary is good.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I didn't like it. It's based on a book written by his angry as fuck wife that makes it look like the only thing wrong with Ian was a troubled marriage :lol: 

The guy playing him was pretty spot on though and aye, the documentary is good.

Agreed, still an interesting book she’s written though and u get all the lyrics at the back too :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Anyone who thinks he didn't get time and patience needs to remember this as well as the Aberdeen record lost and the European defeat

A Rangers manager would never have been able to survive past all that in previous times

A Rangers manager never once took over in march/april with the reality of having to bin most of the current squad, do you honestly believe any of last seasons guys tried their best for a manager that had probably told them to find new clubs 

What to base pedro on is this season, and wether we like it or not he assembled a squad that are effectively an old firm defeat from being joint top, not to mention all the decisions going against us that have cost us points 

Maybe he had to go, but we have to remember how fucking bad we were this time last season, 

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why did it show that, pedro hadnt lost an away game yet, he had a great record away from home actually 

Imo he overloaded them with to much information you could see Saturday the weight of the world lifted from the players shoulders. The passing out from the back also returned.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Imo he overloaded them with to much information you could see Saturday the weight of the world lifted from the players shoulders. The passing out from the back also returned.

You could say the weight was lifted because there was less pressure, given the turmoil at the club not many gave us a chance on Saturday, wait till next away game where a team sits in and we struggle to break them down lol

I just think people were and still are too quick to jump on the pedro is shite bandwagon, 

24 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

A Rangers manager never once took over in march/april with the reality of having to bin most of the current squad, do you honestly believe any of last seasons guys tried their best for a manager that had probably told them to find new clubs 

What to base pedro on is this season, and wether we like it or not he assembled a squad that are effectively an old firm defeat from being joint top, not to mention all the decisions going against us that have cost us points 

Maybe he had to go, but we have to remember how fucking bad we were this time last season, 

Managers come in and get better results with the squads they inherit all the time, Pedro just seemed to make it worse

He still got away with it on the basis he needed to buy his own players though and that time allowed him to assess the squad and what was needed, so then we got beat in Europe by plumbers and by October we still couldn't win three games in a row despite some favourable fixtures, including throwing away an excellent chance to get to a cup final. We're closer to them because they've dropped more points than they had this time last season more than anything else, with our form overall we'll still be nowhere near though and we're sitting third not all that far ahead of fourth and fifth either

Pedro was an unmitigated disaster of a manager no point pretending otherwise, I stayed positive for longer than I really believed he deserved because ideally we need some stability but it all goes back to him getting the job in the first place