My first Rangers game

Nickoo

Just now, Nickoo said:

Long time Gers fan from south of the border and going to my first Rangers game v Hamilton on the 18th November.

After some advice on pubs to go to and which stand to sit in.

Cheers

Sit in the broomloan near bf1 if you want an atmosphere.

Games are sellong.out very quickly so you'll need to be quick.

13 minutes ago, Nickoo said:

Long time Gers fan from south of the border and going to my first Rangers game v Hamilton on the 18th November.

Cheers

Best view is from  the Sandy Jardine stand IMO.  Vast majority of it is well covered from the rain too.

No idea about what pubs to go to though as I'm tee-total.

Drink is the devil's work.

In terms of pubs you can't go wrong with any of the pubs down Paisley Road West. I prefer the Grapes and the District.

If you are wanting a Rangers pub with lots of memorabilia on the wall and lots of singing i'd recommend the Louden at Kinning Park. It's about a 15 minute walk from the ground on Brand Street. It is easier to get into than the Louden near the stadium but is still very busy.

16 minutes ago, WWTC said:

If you can, get a seat in a lower tear and walk down to the front before kickoff. Its the only way you truely appreciate the size of the Main Stand. Its an amazing sight when full. 

Best football stand in the UK.

Always try and sit in BF1 or BF2 when I make the trip up to marvel at the sight of it.

17 minutes ago, djwyc14 said:

Best football stand in the UK.

Always try and sit in BF1 or BF2 when I make the trip up to marvel at the sight of it.

You get a cracking view from the corner too. Did the Ibrox Suite hospitality a few times years ago and seeing it at a slight angle but still being able to see all the way to the back of the Club Deck gives a superb sense of scale. It used to be the largest single i.e. non attached stand in British/maybe European football at one time too I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Pure_Quality said:

You get a cracking view from the corner too. Did the Ibrox Suite hospitality a few times years ago and seeing it at a slight angle but still being able to see all the way to the back of the Club Deck gives a superb sense of scale. It used to be the largest single i.e. non attached stand in British/maybe European football at one time too I'm sure.

My first game was the Govan Rear, but then I sat in the Main Stand for 20 years and never really appreciated the size of it unless I moved. It's strange, like two different stadiums. 

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 21:08, Nickoo said:

Cheers

been to ibrox a few times...living in new zealand no easy feat...but the first time i went with the wife & our 3 sons(2011) honestly there were tears in my eyes, a life changing thing

On 10/31/2017 at 21:08, Nickoo said:

Cheers

Hope we put on a show for you mate, nothing short of 5-0 is acceptable

On 10/31/2017 at 23:10, Pure_Quality said:

'Grandstand'. I remember reading a guy that was doing some book or something on world sporting arenas that it in his opinion it was the greatest grandstand in the sporting world.

• 2 weeks later...