Jordan Rossiter

stewaj3

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

Would have been ridiculous to give him a short term deal given we were signing him with the idea of developing him and making a profit on him...

Exactly. Imagine he'd signed a two year deal and played a great first season, he'd be away for 500k. 

It was a signing worth making, sadly it's not worked out as of yet - I hope it does but it certainly doesn't look good right now.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, McKissock said:

Exactly. Imagine he'd signed a two year deal and played a great first season, he'd be away for 500k. 

It was a signing worth making, sadly it's not worked out as of yet - I hope it does but it certainly doesn't look good right now.

I disagree. 

I saw him play a few times before we signed him and thought he's no good for what we need up here in Scotland. Too slow on the ball, not strong enough and nowhere near the sort of tempo we need for our midfield for this league. There's plenty threads I said it too so it's not with hindsight.

For the money he's reportedly on and the duration of the contract it was one of the most wasteful signings we've made in recent history. I'd come to an agreement with him tomorrow if possible. 

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Just never known anyone to be out for such long periods with barely any explanation, apart from Wilshere. Plus there was a Twitter rumour a while back about one of our players failing a drugs test. He doesn’t seem the type right enough.

What seems the type of person to do drugs?

Its not that simple, there's lawyers, doctors, footballers, judges, policemen etc etc etc... Who all take drugs. 

Just now, gers31 said:

It's not just Rossiter it's kranjcar also the two of them have been a waste of wages more time on the treatment table than on the pitch time they both got released 

Obviously I don't wish him to be injured but Kranjcar is doing us a massive favour by not playing. 

He's been gash let's face it. 

Hes no longer a prospect, he's a younger player who's hardly kicked a ball in 2 years. Hardly one of the most exciting young talents in Britain like folk were saying when he signed. We built him up to be something's he had never shown in the brief times he has played for us.

a waste of a wage and in terms of development his value has nose dived given the fact he's barely played any football. It goes down as another failure

Just now, K.A.I said:

I disagree. 

I saw him play a few times before we signed him and thought he's no good for what we need up here in Scotland. Too slow on the ball, not strong enough and nowhere near the sort of tempo we need for our midfield for this league. There's plenty threads I said it too so it's not with hindsight.

For the money he's reportedly on and the duration of the contract it was one of the most wasteful signings we've made in recent history. I'd come to an agreement with him tomorrow if possible. 

That's fair enough and I've seen you say that before. There'll be plenty who disagree with your assessment of his ability - I can't say I've ever seen enough to form an opinion.

In principal though, signing a young player who is on the fringes of a Premier League squad and was making regular appearances at u19 level for England is a no brainer. Those conditions tend to imply the player should have something about them. Sadly it hasn't worked out due to injuries, so we can't really know for sure whether he'd have been up to the task. 

2 minutes ago, McKissock said:

That's fair enough and I've seen you say that before. There'll be plenty who disagree with your assessment of his ability - I can't say I've ever seen enough to form an opinion.

In principal though, signing a young player who is on the fringes of a Premier League squad and was making regular appearances at u19 level for England is a no brainer. Those conditions tend to imply the player should have something about them. Sadly it hasn't worked out due to injuries, so we can't really know for sure whether he'd have been up to the task. 

Like Dodoo who was also pish. There are plenty of young Wnglish players who have played at that level internationally who never do anything of note. They don't look any better than any of the boys who come through our ranks. The really special talents wouldn't move to Scotland let's face it.

3 minutes ago, McKissock said:

I think the England under 19 excuse is a massive red-herring. It doesn't mean much when you look at some of the players who's starred for England at those levels that's played in Scotland and been pish too - Danny Cadamateri, Nicky Weaver, Michael Duberry, Francis Jeffers - from recent memory.

Teams like Motherwell and Thistle have had players play for them that's represented England and the likes at they levels too. 

It means very little IMO.

We now have another waste of cash collecting dough for 4 years with zero return , because whos going to buy him. In the few times he played i seen nothing there to suggest he would turn into any kind of decent player for us. Like so much of our squad we will end up paying to get rid of him, its the way this board works.

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I disagree. 

For the money he's reportedly on and the duration of the contract it was one of the most wasteful signings we've made in recent history. I'd come to an agreement with him tomorrow if Rissi

Obviously was a real real English talent, but, seems we were bumped considering his injuries. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Like Dodoo who was also pish. There are plenty of young Wnglish players who have played at that level internationally who never do anything of note. They don't look any better than any of the boys who come through our ranks. The really special talents wouldn't move to Scotland let's face it.

Dodoo isn't a like for like comparison, in fairness. He scored a hattrick against Bury in the league cup and only played once for an England youth side. The end result is the same, but Rossiter's just struggled to play due to injury, Dodoo has done very little of note and that's not down to injury. Again, I'm not really saying Rossiter is a world beater - I've not seen enough of him.

I'm not really suggesting the special players will move up here, rather that if we can get a young player who has little chance of a look in with a side in the Premiership and has a decent pedigree for their age, then it's worth a punt if they're arriving out of contract. I'd far rather that approach than a season long loan deal for someone. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I think the England under 19 excuse is a massive red-herring. It doesn't mean much when you look at some of the players who's starred for England at those levels that's played in Scotland and been pish too - Danny Cadamateri, Nicky Weaver, Michael Duberry, Francis Jeffers - from recent memory.

Teams like Motherwell and Thistle have had players play for them that's represented England and the likes at they levels too. 

It means very little IMO.

None of those players mentioned moved up north in their formative years though. It looked as though, in Rossiter's case, he was a player on an upward trajectory.

All I'm saying is, the theory behind the signing is sound IMO. The reality is that it's been a total failure. 

1 minute ago, McKissock said:

None of those players mentioned moved up north in their formative years though. It looked as though, in Rossiter's case, he was a player on an upward trajectory.

All I'm saying is, the theory behind the signing is sound IMO. The reality is that it's been a total failure. 

If the theory behind the signing is 'take a chance that this guy MIGHT be the next big thing' and steal a jump on others then yeah but in reality both ability-wise and injury-wise he's been a total failure - as you say. He was never anything other than some potential - if ever stays fit he'll be playing for Tranemere or Oldham this time in 2 years or so.

3 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Don't even get me started on him.. aye crocked, can't play on plastic pitches and now miraculously he's playing every week for Hamilton on a shite plastic pitch!

how right you are and if you saw the highlights at the weekend he could have scored 3-4

Rossiter was a gamble that appears, for now anyway, seems to have failed.  The guy however had already broken through and played for Liverpool's first team so to claim there is no talent there is disingenuous at best.  Take a look at the Liverpool players ahead of him in the pecking order when he joined Rangers, there is not one who would not walk into our first team.

Was he crocked when we signed him? I don't think we'll ever know.  Would like to see him back but I don't think its going to happen.  

By the way I don’t care what anyone says but I would genuinely be fucking embarrassed to be picking up a wage at this point if I was him. 18 months into a deal and he can barely string two or three games together. 

I think there is more to this than just injury. I think he’s obviously made of glass but he’s either unhappy at the club or missing Liverpool because it’s an absolute shambles how little he has provided. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Seriously, what's wrong with him now and what is the time frame?

Anyone know?

I’m not even joking I was asking the behind the scenes guys this in Mechelen last week at the unders and they said seriously they’ve heard 7 days :lol: 

30 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Rossiter was a gamble that appears, for now anyway, seems to have failed.  The guy however had already broken through and played for Liverpool's first team so to claim there is no talent there is disingenuous at best.  Take a look at the Liverpool players ahead of him in the pecking order when he joined Rangers, there is not one who would not walk into our first team.

Was he crocked when we signed him? I don't think we'll ever know.  Would like to see him back but I don't think its going to happen.  

No ones said there’s no talent but it’s how you measure talent - just because he played a couple of times for Liverpool and England youths doesn’t mean you can’t be average look at guys like Toure, Senderos and the clubs and games they’ve played and they aren’t the best which is being kind