This period is as low as I’ve ever felt as a Rangers fan

graeme_4

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One of the problems many of use struggle with is the sense of entitlement - we are Rangers - we all though that it would be a smooth transition back to the top. What I have realised it is a fight, something to be earned the hard way, that building a squad to compete takes stability and time. We are slowly getting there - it’s slightly unpalatable that it’s slower than we want but wash season we have been getting better - and I include this seaason in that. But we need stability ( and some cash but stability and patience) bear withit! We will get there 

The sooner fans admit we are a mid-table team the better

3 minutes ago, wotmeworry said:

The sooner fans admit we are a mid-table team the better

Think we all know we are a mid table team but as soon as we just accept that is the day to chuck it, hence why everyone but bp9 is totally fucked off.

1 minute ago, murzo said:

Think we all know we are a mid table team but as soon as we just accept that is the day to chuck it, hence why everyone but bp9 is totally fucked off.

My point was more to do with acting on that theory rather than accepting it.

41 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

My first season travelling over in the boat with my Dad was 71 72 season we lost 4 out of 5 opening games.Greig years were not heaven sent, but the thing is the players might not have been the greatest but in the main they bust a gut for Rangers these fuckers masquerading as Gers are empty shirts.

We then won 12 out of our next 13 games, and as you say players who gave everything for our club.

29 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That trophy room wasn't built on sentiments like yous, be sure of that.

It was built on hard work and desire not a sense of entitlement! Until we face the size of the task and the time it’s going to take to get back we will not progress because we will go down the route of chopping and changing all the time - not something we did we always backed managers long term 

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It was built on hard work and desire not a sense of entitlement! Until we face the size of the task and the time it’s going to take to get back we will not progress because we will go down the route of chopping and changing all the time - not something we did we always backed managers long term 

First of all your attitude has nothing to do with hard work and desire. Secondly, It's the board who have to understand the size of the task, and it is the board who are doing the chopping and changing. The last appointment, from day one, was clearly not a good appointment, and it lies with this board to explain why we are here, and what they are doing to do to get back to the point where we are making clear progress. On today's showing we are not doing that, and in their indecision the long term you so highlight is light years away.

Pre-Souness days was this league table.

does anyone think we will lose more games than we win this season?

or does anyone think that this current situation is worse than failing to get out of the Championship a couple of years ago?

Or the days before we were trying to get a licence to be allowed to play in the third division with the skills of Kevin Kyle, Sandaza and Stella to look forward to.

Today was rubbish, and a fair few games have been, and will probably continue to be for a while, but a terrible result with a caretaker manager doesn’t compare to some of the shit we have had to put up with.

6394B288-2C47-4060-BA13-9E2EA485A867.png

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I wasn’t gutted then, I was defiant. I wanted us to work our way back and ram it down everyone’s throat. 

Sadly it’s just us being pumped now. 

Largely because there was an opportunity to rebuild from the bottom and it was wasted. Instead of has been journeymen players we could and should have brought in guys to get us out of each league and had some good youngsters in. We blew it even though none of us wanted to be in the position.

I was listening to RangersRadio a few years back and the guy Cerberus said his health had been negatively affected by all the drama.  I haven't listened to the show recently but would be interested to hear how he's doing now.

It's stressful following this team at the moment there's no doubt about it.  I've started avoiding the football talk on Clyde and all forms of social media as it's always full of bitterness from the mhanks.  This is the only place I read about football now as I can avoid the stupid "Sevco" repetition and bile.  

Taking a step back altogether doesn't seem like an option as there's an emotional investment in this team that will never go away. The best anyone can do right now is hope that we turn this shite around and start winning again.  I can't stomach the idea of those cunts winning 10 and me having spent a decade of my life watching them dominate Scottish football.  

It seems to me there is a divide in the dressing room between the Scottish players and the rest. And that problem lies squarely on the shoulders of the manager. Pedro leaned towards the foreigners and Murty to the British born. All world class teams have a big mixture of players. Whoever gets the job must sort this out immediately.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It seems to me there is a divide in the dressing room between the Scottish players and the rest. And that problem lies squarely on the shoulders of the manager. Pedro leaned towards the foreigners and Murty to the British born. All world class teams have a big mixture of players. Whoever gets the job must sort this out immediately.

Nothing gets sorted until this board is gone.

How many more dressing room splits can we afford? We must have a fucking workd record in them ffs.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Even in the really bad days, when BJK was winning niar, when we won NOTHING in the 6 years preceding DJ's league cup final and they lifted the European cup we still had some great players and always gave a good account of ourselves.  What makes this worse is the light at the end of the tunnel appears to be an oncoming train. 

My memory is not what it was but didn’t we beat them at the following OF game after their EC win ?

The fact is even when we had bad times we could always give them a game and win.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One of the problems many of use struggle with is the sense of entitlement - we are Rangers - we all though that it would be a smooth transition back to the top. What I have realised it is a fight, something to be earned the hard way, that building a squad to compete takes stability and time. We are slowly getting there - it’s slightly unpalatable that it’s slower than we want but wash season we have been getting better - and I include this seaason in that. But we need stability ( and some cash but stability and patience) bear withit! We will get there 

We aren't getting better. We are no better than last year. 

9 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

First of all your attitude has nothing to do with hard work and desire. Secondly, It's the board who have to understand the size of the task, and it is the board who are doing the chopping and changing. The last appointment, from day one, was clearly not a good appointment, and it lies with this board to explain why we are here, and what they are doing to do to get back to the point where we are making clear progress. On today's showing we are not doing that, and in their indecision the long term you so highlight is light years away.

The board carry the ‘blame’ for the last appointment but have had a lot to sort out structurally and financially at the club which they are doing - slowly but it’s hapoeming. But there is no magic bullet here - we need to work within our means or we get left exposed to the same shit that happened before. Many on here seem to think a manager just need a few tweaks here and there and a couple of eeeks tinkering and coaching and suddenly we will be back. That’s not how it works it’s a progression - a slow progression. When fergus McCann saved the unwashed he said at the start it was 5 years he needed and it took that and he started from a much higher starting point. I know it’s unpalatable to many but this is going to take time and no sense of entitlement ‘ we are Rangers’ is going to change that. 

Ibrox on a Tuesday night in winter getting bashed 4-1 from Dundee United with around 9000 in the ground (Jim Stewart and Gregor Stevens time)  0-3 Chesterfield, 0-5 Cologne, regular losses to the sheep by fours and fives and plenty more, imo they were much lower points.

If RM was around then it would have melted.

9 hours ago, legalbeagle said:

Pre-Souness days was this league table.

does anyone think we will lose more games than we win this season?

or does anyone think that this current situation is worse than failing to get out of the Championship a couple of years ago?

Or the days before we were trying to get a licence to be allowed to play in the third division with the skills of Kevin Kyle, Sandaza and Stella to look forward to.

Today was rubbish, and a fair few games have been, and will probably continue to be for a while, but a terrible result with a caretaker manager doesn’t compare to some of the shit we have had to put up with.

6394B288-2C47-4060-BA13-9E2EA485A867.png

I struggle differ the stages between 3rd division , failing to get out the championship and where we are today. Yes the level of opposition is obviously different but It's the same constant story of moving from one fuck up after another and embarrassment .With the same constant issue throughout ,  money spent on players not fit to where the jersey , a dud manager in charge of them and backed by an incompetent board .