Murtys 'Presser'

MrMckee

Just now, eejay the dj said:

In what way 52 ?

He publicly said that all on loan players were under consideration to be called back etc. The way pedro answered with regards him was basically selling the club short and telling everyone we would let him go for about 3 quid

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Every player good, bad, inconsistent, young and old deserves a fresh start under a new manager 

Windass being perfect example of how one manager can get a return when another couldn’t 

I said on here at the time just after MOH had won POTM in August that pedro was wrong to say in public he would never be back here playing. In that press conference today Murty answered it superbly. Whether MOH has any hope of a future here remains to be seen but it was how it should have been answered 1st time round 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I said on here at the time just after MOH had won POTM in August that pedro was wrong to say in public he would never be back here playing. In that press conference today Murty answered it supebrly 

Think Murty maybe able to get something out of MOH.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I said on here at the time just after MOH had won POTM in August that pedro was wrong to say in public he would never be back here playing. In that press conference today Murty answered it superbly. Whether MOH has any hope of a future here remains to be seen but it was how it should have been answered 1st time round 

I would much rather have MOH coming on at 2-1 away from home than Herrera. Gives us an out ball with his pace.

46 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He publicly said that all on loan players were under consideration to be called back etc. The way pedro answered with regards him was basically selling the club short and telling everyone we would let him go for about 3 quid

I'd consider it a result if we got 3 quid for MOH. 

39 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It was a stupid thing to do from a business point of view even if he didn't have any intention of bringing him back 

28 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

It was a stupid thing to do from a business point of view even if he didn't have any intention of bringing him back 

Another example of Pedro's failings unfortunately,  potentially losing the club a substantial six figure sum.  Be interesting to see if Murty wants O'Halloran back in January or if we decide to cut him loose.

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I’d be absolutely shocked if Murty hasn’t had some PR training over the course of his career

Considering they give the Youth Team players training he almost definitely will have.

But even when you're being taught how to conduct yourself, some people are just better at talking than others. Murty naturally talks very well and is clearly very sensible.

1 hour ago, Vision said:

Interesting analysis of Josh Windass there.

I found it quite fascinating. You can clearly see Murty's man management skills are very impressive, the way he speaks about how Dorrans will be feeling, how Jack is chomping at the bit and even his views on MOH. He makes players feel wanted, worthy and important.

It seems Murty is taking upon himself to be a mentor of sorts to Windass. He's trying to make him a better man, a better player and the manner in how he expresses his views and articulates himself is a real talent. He's effectively telling Windass to stop trying to do things you can't, focus on what you're good at and know when to be the hero and when to be a team player. Windass seems like quite a character, a handful who just needs to be reigned in and guided in the right way. It's nice to hear Murty speak so positively about him, telling him how far he can go but it's also good to see a manger publicly critique his player in a positive and encouraging way. He has a charm about him and with his little smile Murty could probably get away with anything..............

Handles this side of the gig really well.

Considered in his comments and answers questions with an assurance and simplicity while managing to do it without making a rod for his own back, something Pedro never mastered. 

Can't be faulted with this side of it imo and dare I say it looks as if he's growing into the job as the weeks pass.