Tavernier

Clemdog

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Ok it's another day .I didn't want to slate anyone after yesterday's game 

The team played well but blew a great chance to win the game 

Having skimmed some of the absolute tosh on here 

new contracts ,best player in Scotland?

I have to say .We deserve the team of losers we have .We genuinely do with nonsense like this 

Honestly things have been so bad these last 6 years .Many have lost their grip on reality 

Maybe just as well we don't have a game next few weeks 

We can all bask in the glory of getting a draw at Invicibles towers .Ffs 

FS eejay lighten up .

After the season we've had ( or 6 ) I think we deserve a wee bit of satisfaction after today . It was refreshing to see a Rangers team up for the fight . That in itself is a start , it's what's cost us over the years and this season in particular . The challenge now is to maintain it and show the same hunger against the Hamiltons , Kilmarnocks and the rest .

If we don't do that , you'll be quite entitled to your moan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said last season to my mates, there's a player in there somewhere with Tav, cracking right foot, I think he would excell with better players around him, just needs a bit of consistency , he could attract a decent fee if he keeps this up although I would prefer if we kept him on a long term contract .

Bit off-topic but Tavernier and a few other Warburton signings make me think that he would actually be a decent DoF, he's good at signing cheap young players (Andre Gray, Tav, Windass, Fod etc) it's just that he's utter shite as an actual manager.

10 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Bit off-topic but Tavernier and a few other Warburton signings make me think that he would actually be a decent DoF, he's good at signing cheap young players (Andre Gray, Tav, Windass, Fod etc) it's just that he's utter shite as an actual manager.

He’ll be needing a job soon but we’re well shot of him

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Ok it's another day .I didn't want to slate anyone after yesterday's game 

The team played well but blew a great chance to win the game 

Having skimmed some of the absolute tosh on here 

new contracts ,best player in Scotland?

I have to say .We deserve the team of losers we have .We genuinely do with nonsense like this 

Honestly things have been so bad these last 6 years .Many have lost their grip on reality 

Maybe just as well we don't have a game next few weeks 

We can all bask in the glory of getting a draw at Invicibles towers .Ffs 

People posting on fan forums rarely have a grip on reality. It’s where people anonymously spout their more enthusiastic views. Either positive or negative. 

I would wager that most of the folk that say Tav is the best player in Scottish football on here would not say it in the pub. Might not be old enough to be in the pub actually .

If you are expecting to come on here and have everyone making balanced and sensible posts then perhaps the internet isn’t your thing. 

As I have said elsewhere, Tav is about the best RB we can expect at the moment. He is decent, can be very very good on his day, can be woeful too. Will never forget the way Stokes toasted him in that cup final.

But ultimately I would be sorry to see him leave. 

6 hours ago, Bronzy said:

I actually don't have an issue with Warburton. I'll always have pretty positive memories of his stint as manager. 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

People posting on fan forums rarely have a grip on reality. It’s where people anonymously spout their more enthusiastic views. Either positive or negative. 

I would wager that most of the folk that say Tav is the best player in Scottish football on here would not say it in the pub. Might not be old enough to be in the pub actually .

If you are expecting to come on here and have everyone making balanced and sensible posts then perhaps the internet isn’t your thing. 

As I have said elsewhere, Tav is about the best RB we can expect at the moment. He is decent, can be very very good on his day, can be woeful too. Will never forget the way Stokes toasted him in that cup final.

To be fair .It was Kiernan that got toasted in the cup final 

perhaps your memory is playing up with you ?

Seriously though 

I loved the feeling yesterday and last night, but it still doesn't take away all the terrible results, this group had put us through, these last 2 years 

No new contracts should be given out to anyone,never mind on the strength of 1 game 

Every single one of us would have taken a draw before the off yesterday so to see us put the fear of God into the timmery,largely down to Tav's work rate,left us with the 'what if' feeling.Gordon is a good keeper but yesterday he was a lucky keeper,we deserved to win in the end but you wouldn't know that by the media comments.

5 hours ago, Bakbear said:

You mean Rob Kiernan got roasted in the cup final.

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

To be fair .It was Kiernan that got toasted in the cup final 

perhaps your memory is playing up with you ?

Seriously though 

I loved the feeling yesterday and last night, but it still doesn't take away all the terrible results, this group had put us through, these last 2 years 

No new contracts should be given out to anyone,never mind on the strength of 1 game 

My memory isnae the best but I was sure Tav got ripped to pieces by stokes all game. 

First goal had Tav posted up field as is so often the case, second goal, Stokes was Tav’s man at the corner and Stokes outjumped him to score the header.  

He also skinned him a few times during the game. 

14 hours ago, Geo17 said:

Best player we have this season

FFS calm doon. He was immense in the second half. Best I've seen in a long while, but he has to do it week in week out. His defensive frailties are still there, getting better and  he is striking up a good partnership with Candias that compensates.

I could boot him up the arse at times, because as I see his weakness as a lack of effort in his defensive duties. A mental thing, just have a bit more determination to do it. Get over that and we do have the best RB in Scotland.

BTW, I'm for McCrorie for POTY thus far.

Boy had a great game yesterday, can’t deny that but it’s doing it regularly enough to make it count. 

The amount of false dawns with this lot have been unbelievable so I’m not counting my chickens with anyone yet - they need to do it week in week out to win over their critics Tav included 

yesterday was a good start for them to start doing it and as brilliant a performance and result it was we shouldn’t get carried away yet and just enjoy yesterday for what it was.