falkirkNS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

No harm to the lad as I understand the EPL has a huge appeal to it and his parents probably had a hand in his move, but anyone that can't see that we are a huge club and at the very least nowadays a huge stepping stone is a fuckinf idiot.

Could have worked towards hero status here, even if he eventually left. As I said though, he'll amount to fuck all probably 

EPL teams pay their youth players stupid amounts of money these days.  Gilmour is probably getting paid thousand of pounds a week and that's a life changing amount for him and his family.  

There's nothing to suggest he'll go on to great success anyway.  celtic lost Islam Feruz to Chelsea and he was one of their brightest prospect at the time but the boy turned out to be shite.

Good luck to him.

The football world is littered with broken dreams and stories of talent going to waste.  If he's good enough he'll make it.

I hope Billy Gilmour develops into one of Scotland's greatest ever players, seems like a young lad with a wise head on his shoulders.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

No harm to the lad as I understand the EPL has a huge appeal to it and his parents probably had a hand in his move, but anyone that can't see that we are a huge club and at the very least nowadays a huge stepping stone is a fuckinf idiot.

Could have worked towards hero status here, even if he eventually left. As I said though, he'll amount to fuck all probably 

How's Celtics last wonderkid that went to them doing? That Islam Feruz or whatever his name was. Not heard of him since. Got a feeling he'll end the same way. 

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

No me neither . Though I thought that we negotiated a 500K fee for him leads me to believe he may have made left early and so making the development fee redundant. I may well be wrong though . Hopefully someone like @The Dude may shed some light on it . 

Negotiated a fee. He can’t transfer between associations before the age of 16 (unless his parents are also moving into that associations territory for reasons unrelated to football). We agreed a deal where he completed an actual transfers the day he turned 16. Had it been only a development fee we’d have only been entitled to c90k. 

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

EPL teams pay their youth players stupid amounts of money these days.  Gilmour is probably getting paid thousand of pounds a week and that's a life changing amount for him and his family.  

There's nothing to suggest he'll go on to great success anyway.  celtic lost Islam Feruz to Chelsea and he was one of their brightest prospect at the time but the boy turned out to be shite.

He was offered thousands of pounds a week by Rangers (4K apparently).

58 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

How's Celtics last wonderkid that went to them doing? That Islam Feruz or whatever his name was. Not heard of him since. Got a feeling he'll end the same way. 

Billy and Feruz are nothing alike. Billy’s a wee guy with his head well screwed on despite only being 16 and by all accounts has kept his head down at Chelsea and worked hard. 

Feruz was a wee fanny who thought he was a celebrity aged 15.

Some of the comments in here are a joke, aye Rangers is the dream for many of us but fuck me. He will be on money we can't compete with down there and by all means seems to be doing pretty decent. If it was my boy and he had the chance of going down there, making decent money plus the fact they will have been given a house etc in London then it would need to be seriously considered.

He gets the chance to develop with some of the best prospects in Europe and can go on to do decent compared to the bi polar shit that he would have to put up with from some of our fan "he's amazing wank wank wank, played shit today, why the fuck we playing a 16yr old, he's shite" etc

I wish the lad all the best and hope we have a good sell on fee attached to him

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Billy and Feruz are nothing alike. Billy’s a wee guy with his head well screwed on despite only being 16 and by all accounts has kept his head down at Chelsea and worked hard. 

Feruz was a wee fanny who thought he was a celebrity aged 15.

That's basically what i was thinking when i read that post and others saying similar.

1 minute ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Some of the comments in here are a joke, aye Rangers is the dream for many of us but fuck me. He will be on money we can't compete with down there and by all means seems to be doing pretty decent. If it was my boy and he had the chance of going down there, making decent money plus the fact they will have been given a house etc in London then it would need to be seriously considered.

He gets the chance to develop with some of the best prospects in Europe and can go on to do decent compared to the bi polar shit that he would have to put up with from some of our fan "he's amazing wank wank wank, played shit today, why the fuck we playing a 16yr old, he's shite" etc

I wish the lad all the best and hope we have a good sell on fee attached to him

He'll never get near the first team ffs probably end up back up the road at a Ross County or the likes in a few years.

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He was on loan at hibs and a few other teams and got returned right away, pretty sure he went on loan to a club for a week then went awol

Don’t wish the lad any misfortune but I would rather we as a support (and Bears Den) focussed upon the young lads that have decided to stay around to make a success at our club.

Seeing David Bates and young Ross performing yesterday is enough to know that we are doing the right thing at certain areas of the club. They also look proud to be part of it. Let’s hope there are more to follow ?

6 hours ago, yermaw145 said:

I don't care for his face. It makes me want to do things to it.

Shut up you mong

He didn't see his cousins and neighbours limbs getting scraped up off the road after bloody friday

What's wrong with you people? Feel like I'm talking to his entourage

Let's face it, he's a pampered wee prick who deserves his legs snapped. He'd only be going back to mummy and dad

96EAF13A-B378-435B-B938-CF5CB23644E0.gif

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

He'll never get near the first team ffs probably end up back up the road at a Ross County or the likes in a few years.

That's the attitude I'm talking about, we always heap pressure on the players rather than allow them to develop. The biggest mistake we made when we went down was not play more youths. We could of had some well developed seasoned young pros on our hands if we had.

We hear all the stuff about bates being shite etc and he has had 2 MOTM in 4 appearances. 

It's the dream to play for Rangers or have your son play for us but the fans can be unreal at times.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That's basically what i was thinking when i read that post and others saying similar.

Billy is EASILY the most talented player I've seen at that age. Kid can go as far as he wants in football. I'd watch him get thumped by boys (and men) much bigger than him and he'd simply get up, dust himself off and get back to playing. No bitching and whining, no running to the ref. Just got on with it. His weight and range of passing for a kid who was 15 at the time would put some pf the highly paid stars in this (and previous) Rangers teams to shame. His awareness of what's going on round about him is really good to. Assuming he keeps his head screwed on - and tbh I don't doubt for a second he will - then I genuinely believe he can go and be one of the best players Rangers or Scotland have ever produced.

14 minutes ago, DESGER said:

Typical footballer chasing the £££!! I don't really care about him either way! Don' wish him any luck(good or bad) and will only become interested in him if he ever returned to us in the future!

Except we offered a VERY similar deal to the one Chelsea did.

12 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

That's the attitude I'm talking about, we always heap pressure on the players rather than allow them to develop. The biggest mistake we made when we went down was not play more youths. We could of had some well developed seasoned young pros on our hands if we had.

We hear all the stuff about bates being shite etc and he has had 2 MOTM in 4 appearances. 

It's the dream to play for Rangers or have your son play for us but the fans can be unreal at times.

He's not a Rangers player anymore so why should I be a fan and what pressure was on Gilmour? don't get wrong I'm not a massive fan of Bates but he does the basics well and credit where it's due he was outanding in what's far from an easy situation being thrown into an old firm game at the piggery