Ibrox Memorial Garden

eskbankloyal

I'm sitting with the application in front of me as an open tab, but for some reason on the council portal you can't open the tabs any more.

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=P1BDL4EXI4D00

Just now, Ace said:

With regards to the location, it's fairly close to the foot of Stairway 13, if a memorial should be places anywhere .. it's there.

The location is fine, the environment around it need to be improved a bit in some way in the future though.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

That looks a lot better than the paper report pic, it’s also further up than I thought it was going to be. 

Yeah. The gates look quality. I like the bronze bit and the crest as well. 

Should look good, and will be easily and pretty cheaply maintainable with the materials they've used (which are quite good quality by the looks of things).

Just now, Inigo said:

Should look good, and will be easily and pretty cheaply maintainable with the materials they've used (which are quite good quality by the looks of things).

Loving the look of the Blue Railing and Gate. 

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

Maybe part of Project2022

My thoughts too.

That area generates the greatest footfall towards Ibrox on matchdays and is the logical choice.

I'd imagine that whilst the bheasts got their state funded walkway at the front of their stadium this club / support funded option can't be at the main stand due to the roadway.

Still so many positives about this project.

47 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's important only the best of stuff goes into it because our climate is such that a few years down the line cheaper things can begin to look their age 

I had thought of having something in that exact area before but having it properly landscaped with seasonal flowers, benches etc. 

The memorial should be the barrier with the single scarf wrapped round it.

I would also landscape as much as possible on either side of the path.

Cold concrete walls isnt fitting. If anyone has suggested phone chargers they should be shot.

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

I had thought of having something in that exact area before but having it properly landscaped with seasonal flowers, benches etc. 

The memorial should be the barrier with the single scarf wrapped round it.

I would also landscape as much as possible on either side of the path.

Cold concrete walls isnt fitting. If anyone has suggested phone chargers they should be shot.

It's not a concrete wall.