jack,dorrans, goss and docherty

pending we keep goss what a midfield we have to choose from now. im a fan off all 4 but i reckon the two in there just now are our strongest combo. the 2 injured boys gonna have there work cut out to get back in team. dochs and goss have been a major reason for our resurgence this year.  

thoughts on our pairing long term? 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough choice.  I don't think Goss will be here next season so I would be tempted to play jack, docherty and dorrans with Jack as the defensive mid and the other two in front.  McCrorie should be centre back.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Did you study the Queen's English at school? This isn't a WhatsApp chat with your mates few.

who gives a shit. Just answer the post instead of acting all timmy and greeting about grammer........ that enough full stops for you ya weirdo

3 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

who gives a shit. Just answer the post instead of acting all timmy and greeting about grammer........ that enough full stops for you ya weirdo

No. It's a fuck up of an OP, a fuck up of a question and tbh honest a fuck up of a shitty response post too.

Question marks cost fuck all.

1 minute ago, Marky. said:

Tough to say. Would we change the shape at all even when all are fully fit? Who knows.

McCrorie comes back we won't need two sitting midfielders. It'll be a 4-1-4-1 or could see 4-1-3-2.

McCrorie 

Candeias         Docherty          Murphy 

Windass/Dorrans 

Morelos 

Everybody back fit and we could be frightening going forward :drool:

Goss so far seems a level above and Docherty has great potential and I feel has offered more than jack and dorrans. Dorrans if I remember correctly averages about 20 ish games a season so will struggle to hold down a jersey in my opinion. Mcorrie hopefully will keep up the form he had before injury. Great to have so many midfielders of that standard. 

9 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

Lots of things I’d accuse ‘timmy’ of - being knowledgeable about grammAr isn’t one of them!??

Back on topic, Goss has some good points but seems a bit lightweight & prone to drop out of things, for me.

Those are  areas that can be rectified by training & more game time, so I wouldn’t write him off, but I’d prefer the solidity of a Jack or Dorrans ahead of him.

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McCrorie comes back we won't need two sitting midfielders. It'll be a 4-1-4-1 or could see 4-1-3-2.

McCrorie 

Windass/Dorrans 

Morelos 

We can be frightening anyway!

(maybe not just the way you’re meaning.....)

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McCrorie 

Windass/Dorrans 

Morelos 

Really like that shape actually. could play Jack in Mccrorie role too. things looking up. Think Dorrans could play either the Docherty postion or obvioisly his more natural CAM. 

A player who combined the best of Goss', McCrories' and Docherty's talents would be some fucking player.

I have no idea what our strongest midfield will be when everyone's back, there are too many good options. You'd surely have to go back to Advocaat's era where that was the case, albeit the standard was obviously higher.

Can't really see Dorrans playing off the striker tbh. Windass has cemented himself into that position, and the way we play, he makes a lot of space running in-behind. Dorrans isn't that sort of player at all.

For tougher games, I could see us putting 3 men in the centre of the midfield rather than two in midfield and Windass of the striker. That way, you'd have the strength of Windass on the bench to come on and make an impact. Certainly the way to go against a midfield heavy side like Hibs.

19 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

Really like that shape actually. could play Jack in Mccrorie role too. things looking up. Think Dorrans could play either the Docherty postion or obvioisly his more natural CAM. 

McCrorie is a far better player than Jack imo. 

It would depend on who we were playing and their form between Docherty, Goss, Dorrans, McCrorie to make up 2 or 3.

Jack is crap. Even the guys who were overrating him earlier in the season have forgotten about him now that we have some proper players.

20 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Ryan Jack is so meh.

Wouldn't be bothered if he left.

He certainly wasn't "meh" against the sheep before getting sent off for a pass.  He was bossing that game and showing us the player he can be when he settles down.