Grand National Tips

pcbear

7 minutes ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

Don't tell me you hitched a poor soul called McKelvey and he got Slim Pickings on his wedding night !!!

Nah it was Philsons Run because the name of the driver who took me to my wedding was called Philip and slim pickings was the name of the building opposite our room in the Ramada in ayr on the night of our wedding after our reception! I actually think Philson Run was 100-1!!

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Nah it was Philsons Run because the name of the driver who took me to my wedding was called Philip and slim pickings was the name of the building opposite our room in the Ramada in ayr on the night of our wedding after our reception!

I was half way there - anyway, my tip for tomorrow is Chase the Spud ( not each way, just one way - fuck off home now the famine is over). Usual disclaimers apply. Somewhere along the line I think I saw you got sorted out for tickets for Sunday - for the sake of good guys like yourself I hope the Rangers you deserve turn up on the day. If they do I look forward to your response next Wednesday or Thursday.

31 minutes ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

Some old geezer that loves the horses in Work told me lord Windermere is worth an e/w bet, but all his tips for Cheltenham were pish so I’m not sure weather to trust him. 

I'm no expert but if lord Windermere wins the national then I'm stopping gambling 

25 minutes ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

I was half way there - anyway, my tip for tomorrow is Chase the Spud ( not each way, just one way - fuck off home now the famine is over). Usual disclaimers apply. Somewhere along the line I think I saw you got sorted out for tickets for Sunday - for the sake of good guys like yourself I hope the Rangers you deserve turn up on the day. If they do I look forward to your response next Wednesday or Thursday.

I was going to put Chase the Spud and I Just Know on but I have to do it each way! 

I hope Rangers turn up as well because they owe the fans a win!! Im actually buzzing!

49 minutes ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

Some old geezer that loves the horses in Work told me lord Windermere is worth an e/w bet, but all his tips for Cheltenham were pish so I’m not sure weather to trust him. 

Haven't got a clue about horse racing, rarely bet on it but the one win I've ever has was lord windermere. Was one of the bigger races he won

35 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I was going to put Chase the Spud and I Just Know on but I have to do it each way! 

I hope Rangers turn up as well because they owe the fans a win!! Im actually buzzing!

Blaklion, I Just Know and The Dutchman for me. As good a chance as any I suppose and of course hoping Rangers come out fighting winners on Sunday!

Nick Mordin used to have a system that worked pretty well for the National but it stopped working when they redid the fences for 2013.

Have worked out some new rules based on the last 10 Grand Nationals. Percentage in brackets after the rule is the percentage of winners over the last 10 years that the rule applied to, if that makes sense.

National Rules CW12.04.18.pdf

22 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Nick Mordin used to have a system that worked pretty well for the National but it stopped working when they redid the fences for 2013.

Have worked out some new rules based on the last 10 Grand Nationals. Percentage in brackets after the rule is the percentage of winners over the last 10 years that the rule applied to, if that makes sense.

Just in case you have already done it (laziness) who does it leave you with? 

I'm starting to like that Irish grey with walshs sister on it, age is my biggest concern though. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Just in case you have already done it (laziness) who does it leave you with? 

I'm starting to like that Irish grey with walshs sister on it, age is my biggest concern though. 

Haven't done it yet mate, need a printed racecard to cross out and write all over.

Will post what's left tomorrow afternoon.

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

Haven't done it yet mate, need a printed racecard to cross out and write all over.

Will post what's left tomorrow afternoon.

I find it funny when people say it's a lottery, yet guys like Nick can develop a system that turns over great profit from. 

Surely you can't profit from a system in the lottery :cheers:

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

I find it funny when people say it's a lottery, yet guys like Nick can develop a system that turns over great profit from. 

Mordin's been silent for about four years on this, I'm claiming it as my own if it works. :lol:

10 hours ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

Maybe his bets blow hot and cold sometimes

Other than it being a 7 year old, I really like the look of the bookies worst outcome in baie des iles. Irish Mud loving grey, Walsh's sister on it riding for her husband. 50/1 down to 16s 

It's got grand national fairytale written all over it but 7 year olds have a near non existent record in the national. 

I'll be on total recall and my outsider will be gas line boy. 

Will cover the grey, just in case. 

And if TBOB whittles his elimination process down to one or two I'll stick a small stake on that. 

Good luck everyone that's backing the same GGs as me :tu:

18 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

It would take me days to sort all that out.

One of my bets was Chase The Spud, I got it at 50's its backed down to 33/1 now.

5 minutes ago, pcbear said:

It would take me days to sort all that out.

Just had a look at the card with all that and you're left with:

03  Anibale Fly

04  The Last Samuri

05  Valseur Lido

08  Perfect Candidate

09  Shantou Flyer

12  Delusionofgrandeur

13  Tiger Roll

14  Regal Encore

17  Warriors Tale

26  I Just Know

38  Final Nudge

Bit wary of eliminating Total Recall because it fell in the Gold Cup but hey ho.