Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

One of them is obviously transfer policy with Mark Allen dictating the policy and targets at the moment ... the same thing McInnes refused over ... be interesting to see if they give in for Gerrard and have a complete club policy rethink due to it.

I think Allen could be the Board's next fall guy. Tbh he must be looking for an exit strategy so he doesn't get his reputation completely ruined. The dysfunctional Board seem to be getting him to do much leg work on their behalf without any direction, clarity and professionalism from above.  If he isnt already he'll soon be guilty by association and as bad as them.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Scoulding himself says that "[The scouts] have a voice, everybody has a say, we have open discussions, we talk about things, put everything on the table and then we make a joint decision and then take that decision to Mark Allen."

I think it's 

Allen > Scoulding > All the scouts (including Bomber)

They are all a bit shite at their jobs then imo, they need to sharpen up a bit.

5 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Gerrard might be a success but it won’t happen next year unless there is a major swing, in fact any manager coming in is unlikely to win the title next year.

i’m looking for us to regularly beat the 10 teams and push the fucking scum to finish within points of them, maybe we’ll get lucky.

Pretty spot on with that.

It's also not all down to what we do. I doubt the scum will sit on their erse waiting on us coming.

In managerial terms Gerrard is in the higher risk category obviously, but I do think he can succeed if he is backed up with serious money and that he is clearly a leader of men based on his footballing career and that will be important in moving forward, as it is the one thing missing from this club top to bottom for the last three years.

Cutting through all the shite off the park, I still have concerns about King and his intentions. He still doesn't play with a straight deck and it should not be the way for a Chairman of this great institution to behave. It raises concerns whilst he still plays cat and mouse with TOP.

Whilst this next managerial appointment is of prime importance, King remains key to our future with the grip he has on the club and he's not the type I'd trust with my life savings. This deal is not over the line and with King, anything could happen. It could all go pear shaped at the flick of a king switch, so it's fingers crossed and buckle up for the ride.

5 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

If this falls through its going to be the biggest farce ever with regards to the board.

Absolutely, this would be the Coup de Graz for many. I know i will be saying fuck this im off to do something else on a Saturday, but i know fine well that after a week or two i would be back. You see, the board knows this about every single one of us, they know about our deep love for the club, but like many other boards in the land they take advantage of it, they abuse that love and loyalty.

It is possible that some, not many, but some of the current players could improve under Gerrard. Youve got to remember that footballers, out of most professional athletes are in a way the least professional in terms of self discipline and having the capability of motivating themselves. Thats down to being a team sport I think. They rely heavily on others. Take individual sports such as golf or boxing, these athletes have no choice in the matter, they have to be hugely disciplined, as they are out there in their own, and can't rely on anyone bar themselves.

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Draw in a mustache on the one on the left and you have Hitler.

By god this thread has gone to shit.

One on the right looks like Rodney from only fools and horses 

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

One of them is obviously transfer policy with Mark Allen dictating the policy and targets at the moment ... the same thing McInnes refused over ... be interesting to see if they give in for Gerrard and have a complete club policy rethink due to it.

The three things were apparently that Gerrard wants full control over the football side of things, he wants all his own coaching staff in with him and he wants full control over transfers. He did say that the board felt they could give him everything he's asked for.

34 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

It is possible that some, not many, but some of the current players could improve under Gerrard. Youve got to remember that footballers, out of most professional athletes are in a way the least professional in terms of self discipline and having the capability of motivating themselves. Thats down to being a team sport I think. They rely heavily on others. Take individual sports such as golf or boxing, these athletes have no choice in the matter, they have to be hugely disciplined, as they are out there in their own, and can't rely on anyone bar themselves.

If they can’t improve we really are fucked because we can’t start from scratch again. 

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/Rangers/16194827.Rangers_could_clinch_deal_for_Liverpool_legend_Steven_Gerrard_by_the_end_of_the_week/

Rangers could announce Steven Gerrard as their new boss by the end of the week.

The Liverpool legend has been identified as the man the Ibrox board want to succeed Graeme Murty at the end of the Premiership campaign.

Talks between both parties have progressed and a deal is now close to completion.

Murty was defiant on Friday when he addressed his own future ahead of the Old Firm clash with celtic but the former Under-20s boss is now in the final days of his Light Blues tenure.

Murty's side suffered a 5-0 defeat at Parkhead as celtic secured a seventh consecutive league title and matches with Kilmnarnock, Aberdeen and Hibernian remain as the Gers attempt to finish second.

Rangers are expected to clarify Murty's situation before an official announcement is made that should confirm Gerrard's appointment as manager.

The 37-year-old has no experience at first team level and his only coaching credentials come from his role as boss of Liverpool's Under-18 side.

That hasn't dissuaded Rangers, however, after Director of Football Mark Allen earmarked Gerrard as the man to take charge ahead of the new campaign and the former Kop hero is now on the brink of a move to Ibrox.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hello darkness my old friend 

I've come to talk with you again 

The Sound of Silence. The Board think we deserve to be treated like idiots and on that score they never fail.

8 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

‘Rangers Could’, that is the most shocking piece of journalism you will ever see, but expected in Scotland. ‘Rangers could’........there are a lot of things we could do but won’t 

Must be the only club in history that are struggling to make an appointment of an existing u18 coach to full 1st team manager status. It must have took 6 months to sign Maggie the cleaner at Auchenhowie. Gerrard is going to see the bumbling and uncertainty in this board during these talks and eventually say Naw forget it.

Just cannot get my head around this appointment tbh. Along with qualities that Allen/the board think Gerrard might have, maybe they're gambling on the fact Gerrard worked with Rodgers and thinks that will give him some sort of opportunity to undermine Rodgers' team - I think that's a massive stretch but, what other reasons are there in favour of appointing another youth coach? Gerrard's profile might see us sign a higher calibre of player? Emphasis on might.

The whole thing just seems bizarre to me. Since Warburton I've been hoping for someone with experience - it seems to be the key thing missing in the dugout. For some reason we're desperate to avoid someone with experience, trying to be clever and thinking outside the box with each appointment.

If it's true that Gerrard is bringing his own coaching team, then maybe the club are in the process of terminating the employment contracts of Murty, Nichol and Johansson. I would keep Johansson as part of the development set up, but i think Nichol will probably leave unless they give him a scouting role.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If it's true that Gerrard is bringing his own coaching team, then maybe the club are in the process of terminating the employment contracts of Murty, Nichol and Johansson. I would keep Johansson as part of the development set up, but i think Nichol will probably leave unless they give him a scouting role.

Gerrard, Culshaw, Milsom & Xabi Alonso is who I've heard. 

Time will tell how true it is.

Think Nicholl contract is up at end of season. Like yourself I'd like to see JJ staying.

My gut feeling is that it is going to fall through one way or another. I just don't trust this board to close the deal when it comes to recruitment of Senior management. As per usual it will be us the fans left to sweep up the humiliation and the embarrassment. The club is a fucking joke and a laughing stock. In fact it's went beyond that.

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Gerrard, Culshaw, Milsom & Xabi Alonso is who I've heard. 

Time will tell how true it is.

Think Nicholl contract is up at end of season. Like yourself I'd like to see JJ staying.

Alonso would be superb

Archived