Rangers Disharmony Bollox

17 hours ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

So to get the gist of the shite I just read in that article...

Someone wrote a story that the managers home country and one of the players home countries might meet in the world cup, and this might cause a rift and end their bromance?

??? what a heap of utter shite how are these folk in a job?? 

Cunts still buy the rag.

23 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

My first point is that a C&P allows one hit on their website so isn't of any financial benefit to them.

Starving them of oxygen = dignified silence. That's worked for us, they hardly ever mention us negatively now do they...

I'm highlighting it so that as many bears are aware of what we're up against. Including those who may not be aware of this campaign. Perhaps others might just boycott purchasing if they haven't already, convince others to, email whichever or in that circumstance is having their attack, encourage 1872 to lobby the club if they're a member etc.

I'm not looking for the club to react to this story, but it would be good if they were aware of how fucked off the support can be by what I see as denigration. Highlighting such shite whenever it occurred is imo what got previous club and support actions off the ground, not dismissing them or trivializing them as humour.

I'll speak for myself there though as several seem non plussed by it in the slightest. Typically the liberal element of the support...

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill here mate, the article is trivial nonsense, a story which is designed solely to drive hits to the daily record website.

It's click bait at it's finest and you sharing it, links or no links, is exactly what they wanted to happen.  

You don't want the club to react but you want them to be aware? No worries there, they'll be fully aware. No doubt the club will receive a daily round up of news cuttings and have media alerts which flag stories to them when we are mentioned. It's then about taking a strategic approach to dealing with anything we feel is defamatory, but we must pick our battles carefully - you can't just go out there and start shooting down any little story you don't like (and this is a little story) otherwise the club would end up looking like amateurs and no doubt attract more attention.

Take it from someone who works in the industry, this story is best ignored in every single way. 

Fair play on making the leap to liberalism from that article though, impressive. 

16 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill here mate, the article is trivial nonsense, a story which is designed solely to drive hits to the daily record website.

It's click bait at it's finest and you sharing it, links or no links, is exactly what they wanted to happen.  

You don't want the club to react but you want them to be aware? No worries there, they'll be fully aware. No doubt the club will receive a daily round up of news cuttings and have media alerts which flag stories to them when we're mentioned. It's then about taking a strategic approach to dealing with anything we feel is defamatory, but we must pick our battles carefully - you can't just go out there and start shooting down any little story you don't like (and this is a little story) otherwise the club would end up looking like amateurs and no doubt attract more attention.

Take it from someone who works in the industry, this story is best ignored in every single way. 

Fair play on making the leap to liberalism from that article though, impressive. 

You work in the industry. Interesting. Up here or down there if you don't mind me asking?

Don't see raising awareness and responding to posters as making a mountain out of a molehill, but whatever.

Not sure how many times I need to say I don't want or expect the club to react to this article, it's the ongoing and escalating anti Rangers pieces doing the rounds.

The leap to liberalism is simple. BP9 agrees with you.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You work in the industry. Interesting. Up here or down there if you don't mind me asking?

Don't see raising awareness and responding to posters as making a mountain out of a molehill, but whatever.

Not sure how many times I need to say I don't want or expect the club to react to this article, it's the ongoing and escalating anti Rangers pieces doing the rounds.

The leap to liberalism is simple. BP9 agrees with you.

In England but in PR. I know you don't want them to react but then in the same sentence you said you wanted the club to highlight them so I'm confused.

Are you saying I'm liberal because I think this article is trivial? :lol:

42 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

In England but in PR. I know you don't want them to react but then in the same sentence you said you wanted the club to highlight them so I'm confused.

Are you saying I'm liberal because I think this article is trivial? :lol:

I'm saying whatever BP9 says is generally liberal and the opposite of what most Rangers fans think ?. And by default if you concur with him....

Not this piece in particular, it doesn't warrant club intervention. But if the club is complaining against the record then it should be catalogued and used with other evidence of anti Rangers Jackanory.?

What is your PR background guidance for the support to do when faced with, if they so believe, a media campaign against us?

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm saying whatever BP9 says is generally liberal and the opposite of what most Rangers fans think ?. And by default if you concur with him....

Not this piece in particular, it doesn't warrant club intervention. But if the club is complaining against the record then it should be catalogued and used with other evidence of anti Rangers Jackanory.?

What is your PR background guidance for the support to do when faced with, if they so believe, a media campaign against us?

We could both like apples, doesn't mean we agree on everything else. 

The club will have a strategy in place for dealing with misrepresentation in the media, we've challenged it a few times and also used it to our own effect to challenge the football authorities. 

My only suggestion would be to expend energy on the articles which matter and use them as examples, if you start worrying about trivial stuff then it dilutes the argument and you lose integrity.

In terms of action, the best way to hurt them is stop engaging with them all together and push the club to take appropriate action with them at a top line level but we have to be realistic and understand just because an article has a slightly negative tone it doesn't mean there are grounds to challenge it. Fans discussing articles on forums/social media only benefits them. Whether you're agreeing with them or not - by discussing it you're acknowledging that it's relevant - which this article isn't. 

32 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

We could both like apples, doesn't mean we agree on everything else. 

The club will have a strategy in place for dealing with misrepresentation in the media, we've challenged it a few times and also used it to our own effect to challenge the football authorities. 

My only suggestion would be to expend energy on the articles which matter and use them as examples, if you start worrying about trivial stuff then it dilutes the argument and you lose integrity.

In terms of action, the best way to hurt them is stop engaging with them all together and push the club to take appropriate action with them at a top line level but we have to be realistic and understand just because an article has a slightly negative tone it doesn't mean there are grounds to challenge it. Fans discussing articles on forums/social media only benefits them. Whether you're agreeing with them or not - by discussing it you're acknowledging that it's relevant - which this article isn't. 

Some good points.

Not sure though how the club get a sense check of what bothers fans if we ignore them all. Recently action had only been taken where a Director was the target rather tganbthe support or club. Apart from the Final which was soon as good as retracted by their actions. We ignore, fans considered happy and blissfully ignorant, the campaign continues and we keep taking it up the shiter? Sounds like a plan.

The sooner we play hardball and don't engage with the haters, and release everything thro RTV the better.

And the point about being liberal was mild humour on my part, no more no less.

22 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

And what are you doing about it now ?

crying on the internet ?

What am I doing about it, i stopped buying the paper many years I don’t pay a TV licence. I’ve written to various newspapers, to fight our corner and I used to phone radio stations to stick up for Rangers and Rangers Fans. 

"A man has gone on trial at the High Court in Glasgow charged with sexually assaulting six children between 1970 and 1990.

James Torbett, 71, known as Jim, denies all the charges against him.

The boys were aged between four and 14 years old at the time when the alleged abuse started.

Mr Torbett is accused of assaulting them at a number of locations - including Barrowfield Football Ground in the east end of Glasgow.

Prosecutors also list factory premises known as The Trophy Centre in the city's southside.

Offences are also alleged to have occurred at Mr Torbett's Glasgow home and dormitories in Belgium and France.

James Torbett denies all the charges against him. The trial is expected to last for up to ten days."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44601516

Anyone notice any difference in reporting standards? Wonder which club at Barrowfield...?

Should no doubt just ignore this too and not give it oxygen, it's likely not relevant either...

Edit. Exact same tact taken by STV and Radio Clyde..... 

Wonder if leaving the scum club association out of it is a favour or legal instruction.

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

What am I doing about it, i stopped buying the paper many years I don’t pay a TV licence. I’ve written to various newspapers, to fight our corner and I used to phone radio stations to stick up for Rangers and Rangers Fans. 

Didn’t ask for yer life story ffs

11 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

"A man has gone on trial at the High Court in Glasgow charged with sexually assaulting six children between 1970 and 1990.

James Torbett, 71, known as Jim, denies all the charges against him.

The boys were aged between four and 14 years old at the time when the alleged abuse started.

Mr Torbett is accused of assaulting them at a number of locations - including Barrowfield Football Ground in the east end of Glasgow.

Prosecutors also list factory premises known as The Trophy Centre in the city's southside.

Offences are also alleged to have occurred at Mr Torbett's Glasgow home and dormitories in Belgium and France.

James Torbett denies all the charges against him. The trial is expected to last for up to ten days."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44601516

Anyone notice any difference in reporting standards? Wonder which club at Barrowfield...?

Should no doubt just ignore this too and not give it oxygen, it's likely not relevant either...

Edit. Exact same tact taken by STV and Radio Clyde..... 

Wonder if leaving the scum club association out of it is a favour or legal instruction.

The DR did exactly the same. Not one mention of celtic. 

Contrast that with their recent David story. That wasn't even reported to the cops yet Rangers were plastered all over it. 

We mustn't allow them to keep their name out of it. The club should publicly challenge the SFA to investigate the coverup in the name of sporting integrity. 

Use some of that fan group money to take out an ad in the paper or raise it with UEFA. 

Have huge banners at every game call G for justice. 

They would do it. They persevere and drip poison til they back the authorities into a corner. They almost killed us doing it. 

Time to return the favour. 

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

The DR did exactly the same. Not one mention of celtic. 

Contrast that with their recent David story. That wasn't even reported to the cops yet Rangers were plastered all over it. 

We mustn't allow them to keep their name out of it. The club should publicly challenge the SFA to investigate the coverup in the name of sporting integrity. 

Use some of that fan group money to take out an ad in the paper or raise it with UEFA. 

Have huge banners at every game call G for justice. 

They would do it. They persevere and drip poison til they back the authorities into a corner. They almost killed us doing it. 

Time to return the favour. 

Just ignore it mate....

22 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You don't want the club to react but you want them to be aware? No worries there, they'll be fully aware. No doubt the club will receive a daily round up of news cuttings and have media alerts which flag stories to them when we're mentioned. It's then about taking a strategic approach to dealing with anything we feel is defamatory, but we must pick our battles carefully - you can't just go out there and start shooting down any little story you don't like (and this is a little story) otherwise the club would end up looking like amateurs and no doubt attract more attention.

We've got Rangers, Gerrard, World Cup and England as key words here. It's nothing more than a scraper trying to pick up easy traffic. Knocked out in five minutes with the sort of flowery language folk love nowadays.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We've got Rangers, Gerrard, World Cup and England as key words here. It's nothing more than a scraper trying to pick up easy traffic. Knocked out in five minutes with the sort of flowery language folk love nowadays.

Do you get taught that in journalism school

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Can't say it's caused any major problems for me.

Can’t see why it would tbf it’s not exactly a job that would require a high level degree to get into you just need to have a somewhat decent understanding of the English language and a joy for writing.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Can’t see why it would tbf it’s not exactly a job that would require a high level degree to get into you just need to have a somewhat decent understanding of the English language and a joy for writing.

Other than the working knowledge of media law, the general requirement for degrees in English and/or Journalism and a few other hurdles...it's a piece of piss.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Does anyone honestly even go onto the DR webpage anymore?

It's been the worst designed newspage for ages now. Full of pop ups, quiz before you read and that's before you get to the sub standard journalism.

Somebody must, there are stories C&P'd on here from the Record's website every day.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Does anyone honestly even go onto the DR webpage anymore?

It's been the worst designed newspage for ages now. Full of pop ups, quiz before you read and that's before you get to the sub standard journalism.

There’s no real need to because they rarely get anything correct when it comes to us, only time I read it is on here.