***The Official Rangers v NK Osijek thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 1bluebaba said:

Really???

Delighted to get through but is there a massive improvement?

Personally,  I'm really disappointed with the performance though not dismayed, it was disciplined but the lack of quality and poor decision making is there for EVERYONE to see

Mixed Emotions - the fortress is just a dam at the moment but it's early doors and more signings to come

Who the fuck have you been watching the last 5 years?

I'm usually a bit of a moody prick when it comes to us but I thought it was a good performance tonight. Scoreline flattered them like fuck. Especially in the second half we controlled the game with ease - not bad for a team who were abysmal at home last year. 

We are getting better each game and it's exciting to see. Maribor will be a tough game too, they had decent results last year in the CL. 

4 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

He’s working his balls off for the team. Maybe a little help needed here. Making runs and wearing the defences out. Imo he needs help. 

Candias worked his balls off down the right where Morelos continually encroached. He is the striker and should be holding his position instead of chasing lost causes and he might just be able to finish better, as it's abysmal.

Great to get through , had a dominant spell second half but wasteful again.

Still sloppy on the ball and caught out on the wings often and then lastly again wasteful up front.

Overall looking a lot better I think the current squad will have a hard fight for 2nd place but if we get another 2/3 signings in that are better quality and or cover for all the defence we should be able to get a gap between 2nd and 3rd.

10 hours ago, Blackandra said:

Thought Flanagan was good tonight aswell 

Flanagan was average at best last and cost us the goal imo and almost cost us one earlier on (the McGregor double save)

Watch back the replay and you'll see McGregor parry the ball from the first shot, Flanagan was our nearest defender to the ball and he's barely jogging out to it.  He doesn't even get close enough to manage a block he's that slow to react and they get the shot away forcing McGregor to make the second save.

For the goal its almost an identical scenario, McGregor parries the initial shot and again Flanagan is our closest player to ball and again he reacts sluggishly and he's barely jogging out to get to it.  Their player has all the time in the world to collect the ball, get it from underneath his feet, set himself and put in the cross which led to the goal.

9 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Don't agree, our midfield was too slow to take advantage and kept making the wrong decisions in the last third, the two wide men did very little the whole night and as you said passing was sloppy. Ejaria should start taking the ball with him when he beats a man and we still have a big big problem with both making and taking chances.

Jack was superb last night, both Candieas and Kent worked their socks off and big Coulibaly was up and down the park all night, not his best performance but again worked his socks off.  The weak link the midfield was Ejaria, I have no idea what to make of this lad, he just doesn't look comfortable on the ball at all and just wants to get rid of it as quickly as he can.  He's clumsy, don't very strong and gives away possession far too cheaply, hopefully he doesn't start against Aberdeen at the weekend.

I would have taken this result when the draw was made, Osijek look like a tough team. I don't think there is much difference between them and Maribor.

A big difference on our Europa farce last season. But I still see the upcoming games against Aberdeen and celtic as the real measures of where SG is taking us.

Still an out and out goalscorer a creative midfielder and at least one defender short but I'm sure that a couple of those positions will be addressed asap then i dont think we will be far off a very good team.i was impressed by the fitness. Pressing and the way the team fought for each other tonight and there were some very good individual performances. so all in all it gives us a good foundation and the feel good factor has returned throughout the squad and the fans.

8 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Still an out and out goalscorer a creative midfielder and at least one defender short but I'm sure that a couple of those positions will be addressed asap then i dont think we will be far off a very good team.i was impressed by the fitness. Pressing and the way the team fought for each other tonight and there were some very good individual performances. so all in all it gives us a good foundation and the feel good factor has returned throughout the squad and the fans.

I think this position is key to our success, however I think Gerrard believes Ejaria is the answer which is a worry.

Delighted with last night,  back 5 were brilliant. Jack was motm his best game for us, candieas wasn't far off it though never gave them a minute. Their left back didn't have the same influence because of him. Morelos has a good game too. 

Kent and ejaria were really frustrating, weren't in the game as much as I'd like. Ejaria, especially, had some nice touches but his decision making let him down. I thought the subs were wrong. 

But fuck it we're through and looking better every time we play. Bring on maribor 

3 hours ago, port_bear said:

I think this position is key to our success, however I think Gerrard believes Ejaria is the answer which is a worry.

I agree mate but it's still early days will give him a bit of time to get used to playing for the gers. Thought he did ok last night but would prefer it if he didn't try all the fancy flicks and what not as in Scotland he will just be inviting trouble and what I have seen so far they have not came off.

Archived