*** The Official Motherwell f.c. vs Rangers f.c. Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Absolute sickener.

But we got a point. Should have been 3 but its better than zero.

Stevie will address the flaws today. We also have a good chance of qualifying for the Europa League. Do that and get a point or 3 in the tarrier game and things will be rosy.

Going out for a drive. Not in the mood to read reactions from pissed off people today:p:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

The biggest frustration is seeing thugs like sammon and bowman celebrating like they’d won the World Cup.  I hate how these extremely average players can raise their game today and lose next week. They had a striker signed from Gateshead for crying out loud. 

I know we can’t always play well but we should be beating rubbish like that 

It's the same old story - playing against us is the cup final for these wee teams, and the sooner each and every one of our players realise that and react accordingly, the better. 

I could see that goal coming for the last 25 minutes. Sat far too deep. No cunt on our side took the game by the scruff of the neck and got hold of the ball and tried to play football. Gave away too many corners, and needless free kicks in dangerous areas around our box. Played right into the hammer throwers type of game. Possession given away constantly by us thumping it out of defence straight back to them. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Defo mate. Need another quality CB in before Friday. 

Thing is Tav is small and can't defend corners at all, why we keep him dedending corners amazes me.

Too thin cover wise at CB, needs to be addressed this week, regardless of EL qualification. I’m confident SG will have this closed off.

12 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

bloody hell. can you bottle that optimism mate? I'll take a crate of it off you

Not sure if it wasn’t meant to be an optimistic post when I typed it. Just factual I guess.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Defo mate. Need another quality CB in before Friday. 

Thing is Tav is small and can't defend corners at all, why we keep him dedending corners amazes me.

Doesn't stick closely enough to his man in any set pieces tbh. Our defence needs to be a rock behind him or we are shown to be vulnerable against decent opposition.

6 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Two strange ones.  Middleton was never going to get into that game.

Quick and comfortable at running with the ball, he should have been a perfect change. Hitting long balls at them knowing it was coming back instantly was just stupid.

More that it was Barisic he replaced and not one of the front two.

Why did we stop playing football ? We're we mentally tired after Europe,plus not a big enough squad and lack of quality in it and in midfield ? i think they all had played a part but we definitely need a creative midfielder. Just so dissapointed with that second half performance. In fact im gutted but you could see it coming anyway onto Russia now.

Was a fair result, didn't deserve to win it. 

Good that we came back twice when a goal down. But for the first time, bad second half. 

Not really getting all the abuse for the late sub. They were trying to Wallace on before the corner. 

Tough game, and not the last. Reality check which I think we needed. 

For what  Tavernier gives going forward he's defensive lapses far out  weigh his strengths. If you can't do your primary job effective than get someone in that will .also what the fuck happened to goldson today can excuse the slip but his passing was putting all the defence under pressure 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

At one point Tavernier was trying to mark Conor Sammon at a corner.  Sammon is a big guy who is good with his head it was no contest between those two competing for a ball in the air.  Surely someone else should be picking up Sammon.

We played into their hands in that 2nd half. We didn't keep control of the ball and kept inviting on pressure. 

Tav is the weak link in that defence regardless of formation. 2 goals because he can't track his man. 

It's a sickner to concede so late. But we move on. 2 huge games to come. 

At 3-2 there was still a lot of football to be played.  We should've came out for the second half and looked for the goal to kill the game off.  Camped in our own half for 45mins while Motherwell pumped ball after ball in to our box was never the way to go.  

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I could see that goal coming for the last 25 minutes. Sat far too deep. No cunt on our side took the game by the scruff of the neck and got hold of the ball and tried to play football. Gave away too many corners, and needless free kicks in dangerous areas around our box. Played right into the hammer throwers type of game. Possession given away constantly by us thumping it out of defence straight back to them. 

Correct mate Aberdeen game all over again sat too deep and punted the ball up for it just to come back again Poor show second half.

14 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

Why oh why - bring on a sub when there was 10 seconds to go - Wallace did not have time to pick up a man....

This was so so wrong- but I saw it coming and we did not deserve a win today

Totally agree bad decision making by manager schoolboy error to make a sub when defending a corner  it causes confusion and  disorganisation  also the experiment with 3 at the back was crazy Goldson has been our best player this season and today he was all over the place !  In midfield Halliday isn’t good enough to be playing for Rangers he is a bottom 6 player    All in all we were actually lucky to get a draw  and it’s a big reality check for us. We are not yet good enough to win the league although we have improved  a lot but need all our players fit we badly miss Coulibaly in midfield and Murphy to run at  teams  

Archived