*** The Official Motherwell f.c. vs Rangers f.c. Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Stillgoingstrong72 said:

Didn’t we have a pitch invasion when we beat Patrick Thistle?

No we had a few of the young team probably pished celebrating a last minute WIN, who jumped onto the sidlelines to celebrate a WINNING goal, absolutely no comparison and I don't understand why  you would think it was.

Need to stop giving stupid free kicks away. 

One for the second goal was completely pointless. The only way they were going to score was from a set piece. They had 3 big  target men up front.

We are a small team. We have 3 players over 6 foot and our keeper isn’t the type to come for crosses.

Got to be smarter.

4 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Nah mate.....not blaming Wallace at all. For me, the blame lies fairly and squarely with the manager. I might even be wrong on who Walkace was gesturing to. It looked like it was Tav. 

Indeed man. Making a substitution when defending a corner is a massive no no for me.

17 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Some cunt has got to put their foot on the ball for Rangers we are continually giving the ball back to Motherwell for them to launch it back into their hammer throwers we are going to concede late here if we dont fucking sort it out NOW

I posted this with about 10mins to go. How can a Thicko like me have seen it and they couldn't.

All round poor performance by whole team, including management.

3 at the back didn't work, no idea why it wasn't changed. 

Wallace should never have been brought on when defending a corner like that ffs, school boy stuff.

Tav poor for all of the goals.

Goalie should have took Hartley out for the equalizer. The ball was only 3 yards out.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

All round poor performance by whole team, including management.

3 at the back didn't work, no idea why it wasn't changed. 

Wallace should never have been brought on when defending a corner like that ffs, school boy stuff.

Tav poor for all of the goals.

Goalie should have took Hartley out for the equalizer. The ball was only 3 yards out.

I think 3 at the back was a nessecity to allow us to rest Candeias and Kent for Europe / OF. 

Just don’t have the depth. 

The biggest concern is our inabilty to defend set-pieces/crosses.

A punt from Aberdeen led to their goal.

Cross led to Kilmarnocks goal.

Kilmarnock hit bar from a header at corner.

Excellent save from Fod from a Boyd header from a free kick.

Yesterdays debacle.

Really is schoolboy stuff.

56 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think 3 at the back was a nessecity to allow us to rest Candeias and Kent for Europe / OF. 

Just don’t have the depth. 

Not sure that's true. Middleton could have started on left. Airfield could have started. We don't have the luxury of resting players for exactly the reason you state, we could now be 5 points behind by next Sunday, a win yesterday would have given us more leeway.

The players have still got a lot to learn, the hartley wind up got to a few of them and nervousness set in and mistakes creeped in especially in the early stages, they reacted well when going down twice to come back in front but they'll have to be more ruthless in going forward and should've killed them off. Low and behold who gets the equaliser, says it all. His gas should've been put on a peep early doors.

Pathetic second half performance to sit in like that. Manager got it wrong and cost us 2 points. Much like Aberdeen away.

Now we're going into the OF game 1 point behind and a defeat leaves us 4 behind. Should be going there on full points and 3 points behind.

Inability to see out games in the final minute is why we won't be champions.

Think we missed Kent in the game, the jurys still out on him, but he does pick up the ball deep and drive forward with it moving the team 10 yards forward. We lacked control of the tempo yesterday and allowed Motherwell to deploy the long ball tactics.  

If motherwell had 85% possession for the latter period of the game as is being said on FF, that is hardly them lumping it up the park. It is us sitting to deep instead of closing them down on the halfway line, that is the fault. 

For a pressing team there was a distinct lack of it in that second half. Soul destroying to lose two late goals already in the season but thankfully the tims made a cunt of it against Hearts or we would be playing catch up already.

Back to 4-5-1 for the next two games. Kent & Candeias back in for Thursday and I hope to fuck Coulibally is back for Sunday.

2 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Pathetic second half performance to sit in like that. Manager got it wrong and cost us 2 points. Much like Aberdeen away.

Now we're going into the OF game 1 point behind and a defeat leaves us 4 behind. Should be going there on full points and 3 points behind.

Inability to see out games in the final minute is why we won't be champions.

We were a man down against Aberdeen for over 90 minutes including ET. 

I don't think he got anything wrong that day. 

Archived