Europa League rival watch

ready1873

36 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I agree with you regarding how we can find a way to break up their 10 men behind the ball set-up because it's almost impossible to break it down the way we are set up at the moment. We don't have the midfielders that can hit that killer pass to split their defenders who patrol that area the width of the 18 yard box, so basically, the only way we can do it is with speed down the flanks, which would turn their defenders. The other problem we have is that we don't have a Dado Prso, Nikita Jelavic, Kris Boyd type player who is a 100% penalty box predator, whereas we have Morelos who is actually winning the ball all over the park, then trying to be in a position to be our main scorer. We certainly have come on leaps and bounds since Gerrard arrived, but it's easy to figure out our biggest problem is a lack of goals from our midfielders, because they just aren't prolific scorers; for example, Alfredo has 14 goals and Tavernier is next with 8 goals (mainly PK's) then Lafferty with 4 goals. Then we have EIGHT midfielders who have made double-digit appearances, but only scored 15 goals between them; and therein lies the problem.

I'd be interested to see how Alfredo gets on playing behind an all-out striker when teams park the bus.

57 minutes ago, Bears said:

I'd be interested to see how Alfredo gets on playing behind an all-out striker when teams park the bus.

It is a question I would love to see answered. I actually think he would run riot and score more than he does now. Could you imagine a Jelavic type striker with Alfredo playing off his shoulder? defenders wouldn't know who to track, or where they would go.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen they’ve to go to the Nou Camp on Sunday! That could go in our favour if they want to save themselves from embarrassment in that fixture - on the other hand they might be taking a free hit as they’re really not expected to take anything there on current form?

83B2F518-D834-4D80-BB94-1CD4C4A1502E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...