Ibrox upgrades

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

The media seating. 60 required.

IIRC there are more than 60 seats in the press gantry. There are at least 55 as last time I worked a game at Ibrox I was sat in 54 and wasn't in the last seat. Only 30 need to be seated with access to a desk while the other 30 can be seated in 'normal' seat just behind the gantry as long as they are in a section which is closed to the public and has access to the press room (which it does through either the members lounge or down via the Enclosure)

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

IIRC there are more than 60 seats in the press gantry. There are at least 55 as last time I worked a game at Ibrox I was sat in 54 and wasn't in the last seat. Only 30 need to be seated with access to a desk while the other 30 can be seated in 'normal' seat just behind the gantry as long as they are in a section which is closed to the public and has access to the press room (which it does through either the members lounge or down via the Enclosure)

That’s fine then but the stadium as a whole has been left behind since the 90s when it was one of the best in Europe. 

The UEFA category has to do with size of dressing rooms media gantry hotels in the area etc. Irrelevant actually to the people that attends the game.

It is of course still a magnificent stadium and the main stand is probably the greatest sight in world football but a lot of work needs to be done. The exterior of the other 3 stands really looks outdated.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

That’s fine then but the stadium as a whole has been left behind since the 90s when it was one of the best in Europe. 

The UEFA category has to do with size of dressing rooms media gantry hotels in the area etc. Irrelevant actually to the people that attends the game.

It is of course still a magnificent stadium and the main stand is probably the greatest sight in world football but a lot of work needs to be done. The exterior of the other 3 stands really looks outdated.

There is absolutely nothing in the regulations about hotels or local accommodation. I think you've confused that with the additional criteria UEFA look at when it comes to awarding European finals - however Glasgow has more than enough rooms available to meet that.

6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

They look of their time. Far from the worst examples from their time. A little sprucing up cosmetically and a few new fittings here and there and they'll look fine.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

They look of their time. Far from the worst examples from their time. A little sprucing up cosmetically, and a few new fittings here and there and they'll look fine.

The banners that were installed (although looking a bit worn already) made the place look much better. Replacing the plastic sheeting stuff on the end of the Broomy & Copland would go a long way in making the place look much fresher and I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the works to take place.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The banners that were installed (although looking a bit worn already) made the place look much better. Replacing the plastic sheeting stuff on the end of the Broomy & Copland would go a long way in making the place look much fresher and I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the works to take place.

Yeah. The outside basically needs cleaned. The brickwork and the concrete above it. Ideally I'd see the 90s Govan Stand offices extension reclad (nothing fancy, just freshened up) and some fittings, like the tatty looking window frames, replaced but it's not something that's all that important.

The basic look is fine. I'd hate someone to decide that we needed to overclad the brickwork on the 3 stands with some ghastly cladding panels in order to make it look more modern.

Yeah. The outside basically needs cleaned. The brickwork and the concrete above it. Ideally I'd see the 90s Govan Srand offices extension reclad (nothing fancy, just freshened up) and some fittings, like the tatty looking window frames, replaced but it's not something that's all that important.

The basic look is fine. I'd hate someone to decide that we needed to overclad the brickwork on the 3 stands with some ghastly cladding pannels in order to make it look more modern. 

Inside is much the same in that it only really needs a freshen up more than any massive changes - although personally I would make changes to the dressing rooms and bring them a bit more up-to-date while retaining some of the old character.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Inside is much the same in that it only really needs a freshen up more than any massive changes - although personally I would make changes to the dressing rooms and bring them a bit more up-to-date while retaining some of the old character.

Depends what you mean. Anything original should stay, as should anything with a history. Like if there's a sink Colin Stein washed his nads in after beating sellic or whatever.

Depends what you mean. Anything original should stay, as should anything with a history. Like if there's a sink Colin Stein washed his nads in after beating sellic or whatever.

Just making it a bit more comfortable. Updated seating but finding a way to integrate the benches and hat pegs etc.

9 hours ago, plumbGER said:

On the way home from the Blackpool tournament? That's when we did it, I enjoyed it despite liking Man City:lol: they must make great money the way they run it, just constant tourists and at the end you arrive in the club merchandise shop, we bought fuck all:lol:

They were playing youth teams that had ties to Man Utd , just outside Manchester . They laid on a meal at the stadium and the Sunday was spent in Blackpool because utd were playing Chelsea . 

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. The outside basically needs cleaned. The brickwork and the concrete above it. Ideally I'd see the 90s Govan Stand offices extension reclad (nothing fancy, just freshened up) and some fittings, like the tatty looking window frames, replaced but it's not something that's all that important.

The basic look is fine. I'd hate someone to decide that we needed to overclad the brickwork on the 3 stands with some ghastly cladding panels in order to make it look more modern.

The cleaning of the facade above the Broomloan is a must , it's manky .I'd assume the Copland will be the same , though sitting in it , it's hard to see . 

7 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

That’s not been a thing for about 10 years. UEFA stadium category has completely changed and sadly we’ve been left behind.

Our stadium was one of the best in Europe in the mid 90s sadly it’s still stuck there.

It was over 10 years ago I did the tour.

I would imagine at one time there would have been big plans for major improvements to the stadium since the last big redevelopment was started in 1978, whether to tie in with our 150th anniversary or not. However the fact Murray ran the club into the ground and we’re still slowly recovering will have scaled back anything significant.

20 minutes ago, WILLIAM BEAR said:

You need to do another tour to compare from a decade ago :lol: if you do, see if you can get Norman the tour guide, man is a wealth of information and a really

nice guy.

He the kinda old bloke? I think it was him who took our group.