***The Official Livingston v Rangers Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/01/2019 at 22:38, the brown brogue said:

No idea. Won't be surprised to see another new untried formation / line up though. 

If Katic doesn't play though he should be onto his agent looking for a move straight away. 

Has been reported that he has family issues. Maybe not up to playing. 

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Then shouldn't have been on the bench, which he has recently. If he's the only CH on the bench he has to be fit and ready, otherwise an injury in the 1st minute would leave us playing the whole game with someone not up to it.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Then shouldn't have been on the bench, which he has recently. If he's the only CH on the bench he has to be fit and ready, otherwise an injury in the 1st minute would leave us playing the whole game with someone not up to it.

Probably not up to concentrating for a whole 90 minutes considering the issue. 

What's up with Goldson? injury? Really missing him imo. 

36 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Looked fine on Sunday against the Finns. Just think it’s a stubborn streak with Gerrard and he won’t admit worrell is shite.

On Sunday unless everyone of those players forgets that is that horrible plastic pitch And they roll their sleeves up and get in about Livingston the way they did the scum. I can see us dropping more points. In saying that surely the penny has dropped by now if they are not up for it and run about that surface like a bunch of wee girls they will get fuck all from the game. We better be up for this we need to win this badly.

50 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Probably not up to concentrating for a whole 90 minutes considering the issue. 

What's up with Goldson? injury? Really missing him imo. 

I get players on the bench as they return from injury, hopefully to get minutes if the game is won. Being on the bench in other circumstances, such as you suggest above, is scandalous if they're deemed a replacement player which normally one is as GK, defence midfield and attack. Katic WAS that defensive cover, so needs to be ready to complete a full game or shouldn't be on the bench.

Think Goldson is the hip injury he needed injections for pre scum game. I've a feeling we're down playing it being more serious than it is. Before killie he was "close", now not even in contention. I've a feeling he'll be out a wee while yet and we'll keep getting fed the line that he's just about ready.

26 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Looked fine on Sunday against the Finns. Just think it’s a stubborn streak with Gerrard and he won’t admit worrell is shite.

Think this is a large part of the Katic problem, Gerrard dropped him for Villareal away which worked out but won't admit that he's made a mistake in the long term, seems a very very stubborn guy.

That's why I see Worrall starting tomorrow & wouldn't be surprised to see the exact same 11 as Wednesday night

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Like the look of that on paper but I think Kent is ruined playing in a diamond. 

I like him in a free role. He's excellent out wide but I think he could develop into a really good number 10, he has all the attributes for it. Seems like the best way to fit him, Defoe and Morelos in the team as well.

47 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I like him in a free role. He's excellent out wide but I think he could develop into a really good number 10, he has all the attributes for it. Seems like the best way to fit him, Defoe and Morelos in the team as well.

We lack width with that line up mate. I agree Kent is good enough to play 10, but we were far too narrow against Killie.

8 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

We lack width with that line up mate. I agree Kent is good enough to play 10, but we were far too narrow against Killie.

I agree with that 100% mate but there isn't a line up we could play just now that I'd be happy with :lol: 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Hope you’re right mate. Just now it seems like it’s s move to accommodate Defoe.

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Hope you’re right mate. Just now it seems like it’s s move to accommodate Defoe.

Of course it is. 

But we need to accommodate him. The guy is a terrific goal scorer and that’s how we win games. 

We managed to stay in touch distance in our 4-3-3, but we still have numerous fuck ups just like Wednesday. We need something different. 

Archived