***The Official Livingston v Rangers Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I get players on the bench as they return from injury, hopefully to get minutes if the game is won. Being on the bench in other circumstances, such as you suggest above, is scandalous if they're deemed a replacement player which normally one is as GK, defence midfield and attack. Katic WAS that defensive cover, so needs to be ready to complete a full game or shouldn't be on the bench.

Think Goldson is the hip injury he needed injections for pre scum game. I've a feeling we're down playing it being more serious than it is. Before killie he was "close", now not even in contention. I've a feeling he'll be out a wee while yet and we'll keep getting fed the line that he's just about ready.

Well, none of us know what is going on for sure. Frustrating situation.

The sooner Goldson is back the better. By far our best CB imo.

I took SG's pre-match press comments about the time needed to recover from playing on plastic pitches, and the fact that neither Davis or Defoe have had much game time recently to mean neither will start the game on Sunday.    The complete all round shocking performance against Kilmarnock after we lost a goal must surely mean SG will not take unavoidable chances with team selection so McCrorie and Candeias should be restored to the starting line up.   

As for Worrall I suppose he will be playing given the lack of choice at CB.  That, along with how badly we played there the last time and how badly we played against Kilmarnock when we lost a Worrall-created goal gives plenty of cause for concern.     

If the game is lost or points are dropped then the even more value from the brilliant OF result is pished down the toilet as the points gap increases and the league title becomes wishful thinking.   Tavernier was right earlier in the week when he said there could be no more slip ups.     Wise words but wonder what he himself will do as captain to make sure the team delivers a win on Sunday.      I also hope the game is not spoilt by some daft incident or refereeing decision that reduces us to 10 men because that just gifts even more excuses to the players and SG if they fail to get a win.  

Does anyone know if you’re able to park in the West Lothian College car park again? There was a notice on the Rangers website when we played them last September to say it was open for parking, but can’t see anything this time around.

Cheers

----------------------mcgregor-----------------------

Tav------------katic-------worral--------barasic 

--------------------------mcrorrie----------------------

Candeias------------arfield----------------kent 

------------------morelos-----defoe-----------------

McCrorie over Jack cos hes more athletic as the only sitting midfielder. 

Arfield over Davis cos he'll try n get in the box more. 

Katic/worral over McAuley cos he's just too slow. 

Haliday if barasic isn't there 

Not confident at all in our ability to break down Livi. Can see a shitey 0-0 draw with our centre halves holding about 60% posession passing it to each other with Worrall occasionally trying to pull off a world class punt! 

5 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Gerrard’s comments backing Worrall to bounce back should tell you all you need to know about who is playing centre half tomorrow.

Catch 22 really. I’m the first to complain that he’s chopped and changed the centre half pairings too much. But then again I think it’s astonishing how Katic hasn’t had a sniff when Goldson and Worrall have each been crying out to be dropped at times.

Archived