Ronnie O’Sullivan

13 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

A wanker but the best player to play the game.

Still prefer Hendry's 147 to Ronnies 5 minute maximum though. The difficulty of some of the pots and it being a deciding frame, to beat Ronnie is unbeatable.

Alex Hurricane Higgins in full flow was the one to watch 

21 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Nope he doesnt but hes been playing at least 3 times more tournaments than Hendry ever did , and hes still not took all his records. He will never win 7 world titles either. Hes easily the most gifted player theres ever been but Hendry blew everybody away in his time.

Used to watch him play at Spencers in Stirling where he had his own table , guy was unbelievable........

That table was unreal .I used to play with some of the other pros on that table .The pockets were tighter than even the TV tournaments at the time .

I made a 50 odd one night against Alain Robidoux. Felt better than 100 on a standard table .Still didn't win the frame .Don't think Mr chin liked me much coz he always buzzed out his tits against me 😂

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Hendry for me and I'm 33 (soon)

you were only a wean when he was at his peak too .

Hendrys competitiveness was a level above all the other greats 

When I was a wean Davis had that too .

No coincidence that when they both became fathers they lost an edge ..

He was tight as too coats of paint though. 

8 hours ago, magic8ball said:

you were only a wean when he was at his peak too .

Hendrys competitiveness was a level above all the other greats 

When I was a wean Davis had that too .

No coincidence that when they both became fathers they lost an edge ..

He was tight as too coats of paint though. 

He basically dominated snooker right through my youth. Considering guys like Mark Williams were still playing well and winning things up till recently proved for me.his domination tbh.

Only once have I sat & watched R o'S fully in a world final where his snooker did the talking & thought good on you you've worked your arse off to achieve it sure it was his fifth title where his kids came on.

Even when he made his mark by the mid 90's I always favoured Henry to still be the more resilient  player given the storming battles in he was involved in with Jimmy White an outstanding semi final in 93/94 coming back from the brink & the epic finals both were involved in Ro'S never had enough of those type of duels yet the players were there probably had more against John Higgins & Mark Williams but so did Hendry.

He is without doubt an outstanding player but I'd take an Alex Higgins or Jimmy White for sheer entertainment at their peak .

Ro'S like Hendry has a great all round both players encompassing Davis, White & Higgins but there's just something I could never take to with Ro'S.

I mind we went to am Exhibition match involving Steven Hendry & Steve Davis in Glenrothes some 10 years ago it was a superb laid back night with both players going toe to toe.

Hendry as usual out the traps early leaving SD looking like a has been builds a decent 3-4 frame lead .

Hendry opens the next frame goes onto reach 15 reds & 15 blacks stops & asks Steve to stick the Kettle on which he duly does & as he often did he buried the colours to achieve a 147.

Even that night he was on fire Davis clawed a few frames back ,it was a very competitive game but Hendry is & was Scotland's best.

SD gave us a superb display in trick shots & Pool with his knowledge explaining as he went both players out on a fantastic 3 hours entertainment for £15 a head easily a few hundred in the auditorium that night.

22 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Alex Hurricane Higgins in full flow was the one to watch 

I ran a snooker club in London for a couple of years and had most of the names guest at some point.

Most talented was easily Higgins followed by Jimmy White. Nobody could beat those two in a money game but the pressure got to them in tournaments. Davis was an absolute robot - could play all night and never lose a game.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:02, Johnsey said:

Just finished Hendry's book, would definitely recommend it!

I constantly have this argument with my mate who is a big Ronnie fan. People always throw Hendry's era around when mentioning his achievements, yet he was comfortably dominating when these guys were on the scene. One of Hendry's biggest issues was he lost the desire to practice combined with yips/psychological side.

As a lot of people say and I agree, Ronnie is the most naturally talented, but Hendry was the best ever. He literally a robot that couldn't be affected by pressure when he was in his prime.

Also his 147 in the final frame to win the Charity Challenge (score was 8-8 at the time) against Ronnie was unbelievable. Still don't think a tournament has been won, certainly not in a decider, by a 147.

Ronnie clinched the 2014 Welsh Open Final against Ding with a 147.  The man's a genius with a questionable temperament but that makes him Box Office!  There is really no one like him coming up through the ranks at the moment.  Trump or Brecel maybe?  He will be a huge miss when he hangs up his cue.

2 hours ago, SteveEarle said:

Ronnie clinched the 2014 Welsh Open Final against Ding with a 147.  The man's a genius with a questionable temperament but that makes him Box Office!  There is really no one like him coming up through the ranks at the moment.  Trump or Brecel maybe?  He will be a huge miss when he hangs up his cue.

Ah yes, I remember that actually. He's unreal, no question about that. Although a 147 in a decider of a final is something else 😝

Just wished we got more of Ronnie vs Hendry in the late 90s/early 00s. Would loved to have seen them in a World Championship final against each other.

2 hours ago, Johnsey said:

Ah yes, I remember that actually. He's unreal, no question about that. Although a 147 in a decider of a final is something else 😝

Just wished we got more of Ronnie vs Hendry in the late 90s/early 00s. Would loved to have seen them in a World Championship final against each other.

i was ragin with that 147 .sat and watched the match on itv .it was on a delayed transmission .probably lagging about half an hour .

Was so tired when it went to a decider that I had to go to bed .so checked teletext .

10 9 147 (147)  0 .gutted i missed a 147 .still never saw one where I never knew it happened 

On 07/03/2019 at 10:48, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

I ran a snooker club in London for a couple of years and had most of the names guest at some point.

Most talented was easily Higgins followed by Jimmy White. Nobody could beat those two in a money game but the pressure got to them in tournaments. Davis was an absolute robot - could play all night and never lose a game.

How many world titles did  Jimmy White lose?  He lost a few and was he not way ahead one year in the final and still lost

Agree about those 2 in full flow and Davis who as you said was an absolute robot until Stephen Hendry came alone. 

On 09/03/2019 at 14:18, Copland bear said:

How many world titles did  Jimmy White lose?  He lost a few and was he not way ahead one year in the final and still lost

Agree about those 2 in full flow and Davis who as you said was an absolute robot until Stephen Hendry came alone. 

Is it not something bonkers like 19 or something 

Been having a look and think you're imagining it mate :lol: seen this on wikipedia when searching, how do you lose 262 times in a row in WWE lol

Professional wrestling[edit]

WWE: 262 matches — Curt Hawkins (2016—)