Jake Hastie

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

He can only be an improvement on Candieas  who offers very little quality expecially in the final third. 

Candieas will work hard for the team expecially tracking back but he needs to do start  doing the damage going forward and we need better quality out wide with only 1 up front and I can see him being sold. 

Hastie is young and if Gerrard thinks he can become a half decent player in the future then who am I to argue.  

He's scored the same number as Kent and contibuted one more assist.

42 minutes ago, Smile said:

I always think Cadden for them is one of their best players against us. Hastie did okay yesterday found himself in good space where he could have done better hard to judge how effective he would be if we signed him though.

I always thought he was worth looking at based on his delivery. I swear every time we played them he was the one outlet that we had to be wary of. Strong and powerful runner with a good cross. However, think he plays through the middle now and has had a few injuries.

If it was cheap enough wages I'd take a punt on Hastie. Pace and power is such a strong combination and at his age he will only get better. Would probably loan him straight back as well.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

MOH was just a shite footballer who should never have been signed.  

He wasn't suited to our style of football. More suited to a defensive side who hit on the break .

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

My families 'values/traditions/culture' go much further than protestant. I have RC family. I have Protestant family. I have family who fought and died for the country while their brothers were conscientous objectors. I have family who have committed some unspeakable criminal acts and have family who are among some of the most charitable and warm humans I've ever had the privilege to know. I have family who have struggled with addictions and family who have never touched a drop of booze or drugs in their life.

None of that has any influence on which football team I support because they are perceived to lean one way or another. The biggest influence on which team I supported was I saw how happy it made the people closest to me in my life and gave me a bond with them that went way beyond our religious/political/spiritual beliefs.

I disagree on most things with my dad. Politically we're polar opposites. Religiously we have nothing in common. Christ, there's times we barely speak because  we just don't really get on that well but when it comes to football that's the one thing we have in common.

That means far more to me - and hopefully my kids, should I have any, will have a similar perspective - than any perception of a shared religious/cultural belief.

To me, the sky fairy stuff IS all meaningless. If someone wants to find value and a shared view on their religious outlook, go to church. You'll find loads of folk there who share all that same stuff with you. Even more so than you will at a game of fitba.

I actually think we are pretty much in agreement. Can't really be arsed getting into it. Wrong thread and we've all been over this stuff before.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Sandaza is still playing in the second tier in Spain. Arguably a higher standard than the SPFL :pipe: 

True. He was fucking woeful for us though. Also, I'm a big fan of how utterly mental lower division Spanish football is. Once you get to the third tier it becomes like the wild west.

6 minutes ago, LV said:

He wasn't suited to our style of football. More suited to a defensive side who hit on the break .

Correct. It's annoyed me for years that our scouting system didn't pick up on this. He was never going to be a success in a team that's mostly on the front-foot and having to break down compact, defensively-minded teams. He's also a prick. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

True. He was fucking woeful for us though. Also, I'm a big fan of how utterly mental lower division Spanish football is. Once you get to the third tier it becomes like the wild west.

It was a bit of a joke on my behalf.. but he hasnt actually done too bad since hel left us. It is completely baffling as he was, as you say, fucking woeful for us! The Salmon .

53 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Correct. It's annoyed me for years that our scouting system didn't pick up on this. He was never going to be a success in a team that's mostly on the front-foot and having to break down compact, defensively-minded teams. He's also a prick. 

I forgot to add the last sentence. 

53 minutes ago, grant_rfc said:

Even if MoH was a shit hot player who was destroying teams, I would have still got fucking shot of him the second he was found to be sitting in the stands at Parkhead cheering that lot on.

Shouldve been gone long before that. And I wouldve been able to take some of the credit for it 😂