Jake Hastie

I grew up in the scheme next to his dad and he was a big celtic fan.One of the boy's neighbours in the street where he stays with his parents told me he is definitely a celtic fan and used to go watch them with his dad.

Well at least Rangers fans seem to have learned from the MOH debacle. I hope the club have too. 

When MOH was being lined up and we were proposing to squander 500K on a gormless cunt who couldn't kill a ball with a harpoon, any suggestion that it was a poor signing was written off as rantings of a bigot. Well perhaps I am, but the point remains that if we are going to sign Scottish catholics they need to be exceptional players and even more exceptional characters. 

9 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Well at least Rangers fans seem to have learned from the MOH debacle. I hope the club have too. 

When MOH was being lined up and we were proposing to squander 500K on a gormless cunt who couldn't kill a ball with a harpoon, any suggestion that it was a poor signing was written off as rantings of a bigot. Well perhaps I am, but the point remains that if we are going to sign Scottish catholics they need to be exceptional players and even more exceptional characters. 

Don't care about a player being a Scottish catholic, but we certainly shouldn't be signing anyone who is an O'Halloran level of supporter of theirs. Still amazes me the gormless cunt had the audacity to go and sit in amongst them as if his baseball cap would be the same as Clark Kent's glasses.

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

At one time the Cross Keys was the biggest RSC in Scotland 

just saying like 

I drank in there occasionally, I lived in Stevenston enough to know it's a shithole. Kilwinning gets a bad name but it's certainly not the worst around there.

11 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I drank in there occasionally, I lived in Stevenston enough to know it's a shithole. Kilwinning gets a bad name but it's certainly not the worst around there.

Was a member as a young boy, teenager, young adult

Played fives for years down at the driving range. 

And I agree it’s a shitehole apart from the Cross keys obv

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Was a member as a young boy, teenager, young adult

Played fives for years down at the driving range. 

And I agree it’s a shitehole apart from the Cross keys obv

That and the snooker club were the only places I could be bothered with, it's well connected to Glasgow so if you want to have a real good night out why spend it around the three towns? Saltcoats has the Metro, classy place that :lol:

1 hour ago, Blueteeth said:

That and the snooker club were the only places I could be bothered with, it's well connected to Glasgow so if you want to have a real good night out why spend it around the three towns? Saltcoats has the Metro, classy place that :lol:

At one time the metro run half a dozen buses from Glasgow 

now its a crumbling wreck 

on A side note I used to go to the pictures in that building when I was a lad. 

16 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Not all Scottish Catholics are celtic supporters. 

I think its safe to say though that we should not be signing anyone who's had any allegiance to celtic..

7 minutes ago, grant_rfc said:

Not all Scottish Catholics are celtic supporters. 

I think its safe to say though that we should not be signing anyone who's had any allegiance to celtic..

I've known quite a few Scottish Catholics that don't follow a team, but only a few that supported a team other than sellic. Two that followed us, one St Mirren and one Partick Thistle.

On 06/04/2019 at 10:56, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Don't care about a player being a Scottish catholic, but we certainly shouldn't be signing anyone who is an O'Halloran level of supporter of theirs. Still amazes me the gormless cunt had the audacity to go and sit in amongst them as if his baseball cap would be the same as Clark Kent's glasses.

That was still one of the lowest points of the last few years for me. It showed how fractured our squad was and how poor our signing policy was. Something like that would never ever have happened with Cooper, Gough etc....

Personally I have no issue with catholics playing for us, but with Scottish catholics questions of allegiance will always be raised. Unless players are openly crawling over broken glass to play for us I would stay well clear. We are at a crucial time. We do not need passengers or split loyalties. We need players ready to fight for the club and their team mates with the correct attitude.