***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

They find space by drawing teams onto them and countering 

They have strikers running the lines to create space for midfielders to run into

We have none of that 

We whip aimless balls into Morelos and hope we get the breaks 

We could "draw" them out?? They just bloody stand there!!!!

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Other teams have plans/tactics, they have an idea of what they want to do and execute it

We're just a mismash of individual players who hope for breaks of the ball to score goals. There's very little tactics in our play other than to get it wide and whip it in

This is a perfect summary.

We're bemoaning the anti-football that Kilmarnock bring, rightly so, but it's a result of coaching. I can't believe that our players are being given the same detailed instruction throughout a week, but for this to be the result of it all, repeatedly.

Your point about them hoping something happens is spot on. They do it constantly, whether it's the long passes from defence, or the shitty little 1-2s around an 18 yard box with a million defenders in the way (or the Tavernier/Candeais specials near the touchline).

Guaranteed to fail and only going through the motions of what they think a footballer looks like.

1 minute ago, Hilly86 said:

This is a perfect summary.

We're bemoaning the anti-football that Kilmarnock bring, rightly so, but it's a result of coaching. I can't believe that our players are being given the same detailed instruction throughout a week, but for this to be the result of it all, repeatedly.

Your point about them hoping something happens is spot on. They do it constantly, whether it's the long passes from defence, or the shitty little 1-2s around an 18 yard box with a million defenders in the way (or the Tavernier/Candeais specials near the touchline).

Guaranteed to fail and only going through the motions of what they think a footballer looks like.

That's what frightens me the most about this manager/team

Even if we stuck a 6ft7 guy upfront and humped the ball forward to him it would be better than this, at least that's a plan of some sort.

14 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I have never said that I dont think a change is needed.. its obvious that its needed, but people get hung up on formation all too often. We need quick 1-2s..we need someone to run past 1/2/3 players.. we need midfielders to make late runs into the box etc. None of this needs to be part of a formation change. Passing patterns, running patters etc..

Yeah I get that but the players we have can't achieve that in this formation. Unfortunately we can't change the players therefore we need to try a different formation that allows us to change the way we play.

As I said previously changing to 2 up top or getting bodies in the box would give us something to aim at it. We are setup in in such a way that it plays into a defensive teams plan perfectly. In game this like we should be bypassing the midfield and getting the ball into the forwards asap even with a long ball with supporting midfielders. However we only have 1 forward to aim at.

Archived