***** Official EURO 2020 Qualifications Thread****

48 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Clarke quoted as saying "...……………………..there were moment in the first half when we thought we were decent."

Hahahahahahaha……..delusional.   

To be fair they did manage to stand in a fairly straight line for the national anthem.........

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

What's this stat I've now seen quoted.   The heaviest home defeat since 1973.

Sack the manager.  Sack the SFA.

Bet they survive though.  And explain it away by blaming others,

It's not, England won 6-2 in the 70s. It's the second joint worst ( 4-0 last year against Belgium)

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I say this every time but there’s no sympathy for me towards the SFA because of the way they threw us under the bus.

Scotland have been shite for years but when we were in the top flight at least they were competitive and would be in serious contention for playoffs or make them.

We would contribute players to the national team and we would sign young players from within Scotland and bring them to a club with high standards, demands, expectations and a winning mentality and that would rub off on them - McGrgeor, Hutton, Broadfoot, Weir, Whittaker, Ferguson, McCulloch, Boyd, Adam, Miller, Naismith - all reliable players for the national team who played their club football for us at a time when we competed for trophies every season.

Now you have a squad built around celtic players who look like superstars in a league that they have dominated unopposed for seven years but who constantly show themselves up on a bigger stage and you have loads of players who have gone South to play for average English clubs that has no ambition outwith not getting relegated.

The SFA are reaping what they sow and I have absolutely no sympathy for them whatsoever.

We haven't been contributing many young players as we should, due to our awful youth policy well before 2012 - evident since the late 90s and early 2000s. The scum have been streets ahead of us in the front for 20 years or so - that's why you see the national team full of them. Thats nothing to do with SFA. 

We had a chance to bring up a youth program since 2012, we failed to take interest and still do. What's the point in bringing in the likes of Docherty, Middleton and Hastie - just to put them on loan?? Total waste of time.

7 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

We haven't been contributing many young players as we should, due to our awful youth policy well before 2012 - evident since the late 90s and early 2000s. The scum have been streets ahead of us in the front for 20 years or so - that's why you see the national team full of them. Thats nothing to do with SFA. 

We had a chance to bring up a youth program since 2012, we failed to take interest and still do. What's the point in bringing in the likes of Docherty, Middleton and Hastie - just to put them on loan?? Total waste of time.

We maybe didn’t contribute “young” players but we still had good representation within the national squad and now we have Ryan Jack having to play out of of skin to just make a squad.

Your comments re: or youth policy pre admin are fair but post admin I think it’s incredibly unfair. Do you really think there was a genuine interest in implementing a youth program between 2012-2015 when we were being run by the people we were at that time?

Since Mullholland came in we’ve made massive strides in our youth set up even if it’s not paying off at first team level just yet.

As for the Hastie’s, Docherty’s and Middleton’s of the world they aren’t in our first team because they aren’t good enough to play for us yet. Docherty is probably not going to make it with us now, which happens sometimes but Middleton and Hastie are still young, rough around the edges and very inexperienced so we have them out on loan to try and rough out some of their edges a bit and get them games under their belts because that’s what they need just now. That’s a pretty common thing with basically every big club in world football.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We maybe didn’t contribute “young” players but we still had good representation within the national squad and now we have Ryan Jack having to play out of of skin to just make a squad.

Your comments re: or youth policy pre admin are fair but post admin I think it’s incredibly unfair. Do you really think there was a genuine interest in implementing a youth program between 2012-2015 when we were being run by the people we were at that time?

Since Mullholland came in we’ve made massive strides in our youth set up even if it’s not paying off at first team level just yet.

As for the Hastie’s, Docherty’s and Middleton’s of the world they aren’t in our first team because they aren’t good enough to play for us yet. Docherty is probably not going to make it with us now, which happens sometimes but Middleton and Hastie are still young, rough around the edges and very inexperienced so we have them out on loan to try and rough out some of their edges a bit and get them games under their belts because that’s what they need just now. That’s a pretty common thing with basically every big club in world football.

Think for years we did neglect youth development, by all accounts when Sinclair was in charge it was an absolute joke. Apparently he was only kept in the job cos he had certain mates at the club at the time. Definitely a different ball game with Mullholland there now, to get players into the first team starting from almost scratch will take time. Changing the subject, just read our old mate keith jacksons take on last nights game. Yeah I know, why did I?, but anyhow, apparently Scotland were far better last night than on Friday, I can only assume either he never watched it or he was out his nut.

10 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Changing the subject, just read our old mate keith jacksons take on last nights game. Yeah I know, why did I?, but anyhow, apparently Scotland were far better last night than on Friday, I can only assume either he never watched it or he was out his nut.

I want what jackson is on 😂

Just deflection now as clarke is looking a bust already. 

The only pundit telling it like it is is willie miller. He sees no progress under Clarke, which is the truth of the matter. You cannot do much with those players, Scotland don't have a centre half worthy of the name and are average in every position bar left back. Too many of Millers colleagues in the media were too eager to overlook these simple facts in their haste to put the boot into Mcleish. some of them for reasons not connected to results.

The fact a friendly international rugby game played at the same day as a competitive international football game gets a bigger crowd tells you exactly what the people in Scotland think of our national team.  For it to improve we need the divisive govern bodies both the sfa and spfl to be disbanded and a new association headed by a foreign individual with the relevant qualifications to correct the many wrongs that bastards have inflicted on our game.

It has been run solely for the benefit of the self addressed fenians and now it’s giving up and destroying everything around it as what is norm for that group. 

Archived