Derek ferguson

Fergie_6

55 minutes ago, gj923 said:

So has the likes of boyce, rooney, griffiths and boyd to name a few in last few years in this league. Scoring a lot of goals in the SPL means nothing.

He is proven goalscorer at this level but stating that he has scored 100 goals faster than the likes of Mbappe who scored in a World cup final is irrelevant.

He has played a few friendlies but was not named in the provisional copa squad where about 7 or 8 other strikers where

I have no doubt if he stays here he will score the same if not more goals next season

However the last bid was 3m and given he can't get an automatic work permit for England the markets for him are limited.

His disciplinary record also will reduce his appeal however unmerited some of the cards where.

I agree with the 6m figure although it might not happen this year.

Ok own up what are you a relation a pal of the bawbag Ferguson. 

Because only one of the above would post that nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm quoting facts. He's scored 100 goals quicker. His direct comparison is zlatan. Zlatan played with malmo whilst the wee man has been here and hjk. 

I never said he was better than any of them  I said he has 100 career goals quicker than them. This has also included Europe. 

Rangers will not sell for 6million and value him around 3 times that 

Zlatan played for Malmo whose league is currently ranked 15 places higher than Finland - he then went to Ajax whose league are ranked about 10 places higher than Scotland normally. There is a reason that the likes of the golden shoe (as its now known) uses a ranking system with regards to goals as its more difficult to score in harder leagues. The fact he has scored 94 goals in 2 leagues ranked 20th and 38th in Europe is not really relevant to the majority of major teams.

Robertson was playing to the gallery when he announced his valuation. As it stands he is more valuable in the team over the course of the season than us selling him.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ok own up what are you a relation a pal of the bawbag Ferguson. 

Because only one of the above would post that nonsense. 

No I am simply someone who pays attention to what happens and not what is said. Last bid was 3m and an enquiry from Frankurt whose top signing was 5-6m does not translate into what Robertson declared they wanted.

I hope he stays as I think he will score more next season.

13 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I reckon we would struggle to get 10m in reality, some of the 20m value being bandied about on here is just fantasy Island. Gerrard himself stated that the only real bid we have had is 3m, so can see Ferguson's point.

_53676232_4949743.jpg

Is that you Mr Bain???

7 minutes ago, gj923 said:

No I am simply someone who pays attention to what happens and not what is said. Last bid was 3m and an enquiry from Frankurt whose top signing was 5-6m does not translate into what Robertson declared they wanted.

If you walk into a Merc showroom and offer the salesman 10k for an E class he will laugh at you because it’s worth more. Does that mean I can walk in after you and offer 20k because that must be a serious offer. 

13 hours ago, bam74 said:

he also managed to score a shitload against us and in the champions League, win a few trophies. Morelos has done none of this. I get he's a good player but in all honesty he's nowhere near Dembele's level and the transfer fee when he goes will reflect this.

He scored what 3 goals in Europe?? And scoring against arguably the worst top flight Rangers team is fuck all to boast about either. 

Your one of the guys I always go on about that does what the taigs and the media tell them to do. They say morelos is worth shit you oblige and say he's worth shit 

As another poster said thank fuck guys like you ain't in charge of selling players or we would be well and truly royally fucked

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd be happy with £15m and a sell on clause tbh. I think people are deluded if they think we're getting £18m-£20m for him.

I would rather take 15m upfront and a 15-20% sell on fee as that could net us a big windfall depending where he goes 

45 minutes ago, gj923 said:

When was the last bid for morelos? None in January as per Gerrard. So the last bid for him was in August time and we all know that teams would try to come the cuny with us. So for me the last concrete offer was 9m from some Chinese club. 

Since then the guy has became a key player for his team, made his international debut and scored 30 goals in a season without getting a lookin at penalties (prob be closer to 40 if he was on penalty duty) yet after all that you would be happy to accept less than what we have been previously offered. 

Tell u what with guys like you in the ranks the club doesn't need any enemies however I suspect your one of these fans who hates morelos for whatever reason and wants the cunt gone and on the cheap 

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

When was the last bid for morelos? None in January as per Gerrard. So the last bid for him was in August time and we all know that teams would try to come the cuny with us. So for me the last concrete offer was 9m from some Chinese club. 

Since then the guy has became a key player for his team, made his international debut and scored 30 goals in a season without getting a lookin at penalties (prob be closer to 40 if he was on penalty duty) yet after all that you would be happy to accept less than what we have been previously offered. 

Tell u what with guys like you in the ranks the club doesn't need any enemies however I suspect your one of these fans who hates morelos for whatever reason and wants the cunt gone and on the cheap 

Last bid was from Bordeaux which was 3.5m last August - that was the last concrete offer.

I have stated several times on this thread that I want him to stay as I feel he will get more goals next season and irrespective of how much we where to spend on a new striker that is not guaranteed (30 plus goals)

I would also want our players sold (if we have to) for the highest amount but that is different to what I think someone will actually go for which is what I am discussing. At the end of the day its simply my viewpoint.

I have never been one of the fans that have just said sell him or rip up his contract after one of his sending offs - that is just plan mental especially the latter.

14 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Efrain juarez played 4 friendlies for the taigs and they were rejecting 14 million bids from arsenal :lol:

Was all lies obviously but that's what they do and well at that 

They also abuse kids and seem to do that very well.

55 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you walk into a Merc showroom and offer the salesman 10k for an E class he will laugh at you because it’s worth more. Does that mean I can walk in after you and offer 20k because that must be a serious offer. 

Assuming you are talking about a new E class where the OTR is 38k plus both of us would be chased....although you at least might be offered one of the other models.

36 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

A bit ironic coming from the guy who declared Lee Wallace a cunt who should be hounded yesterday :lol:

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

Zlatan played for Malmo whose league is currently ranked 15 places higher than Finland - he then went to Ajax whose league are ranked about 10 places higher than Scotland normally. There is a reason that the likes of the golden shoe (as its now known) uses a ranking system with regards to goals as its more difficult to score in harder leagues. The fact he has scored 94 goals in 2 leagues ranked 20th and 38th in Europe is not really relevant to the majority of major teams.

Robertson was playing to the gallery when he announced his valuation. As it stands he is more valuable in the team over the course of the season than us selling him.

Ahh so it's league rankings now. Scotland and Finland imo can be ranked with Holland and Sweden's leagues. I.dont think it's outlandish to compare the two.

23 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Ahh so it's league rankings now. Scotland and Finland imo can be ranked with Holland and Sweden's leagues. I.dont think it's outlandish to compare the two.

Finland is ranked the same as Ireland neither of which are or have been at the same level as the Swedish league. The dutch league is far superior to ours.

The whole comparing him to other players at 22 and how many they had scored was a joke as all of them...Henry, Suarez, Rooney, Zlatan and Ronaldo where playing at a much higher level years before Alfredo.

I will say it again I expect him to stay and get close to 40 goals next season.

27 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Finland is ranked the same as Ireland neither of which are or have been at the same level as the Swedish league. The dutch league is far superior to ours.

The whole comparing him to other players at 22 and how many they had scored was a joke as all of them...Henry, Suarez, Rooney, Zlatan and Ronaldo where playing at a much higher level years before Alfredo.

I will say it again I expect him to stay and get close to 40 goals next season.

He's scored more than any of them it's only a fact. Not his fault the level he's at.

Sweden wasn't as good as here is now back when zlatan was kicking about.

Should probably just release the boy tbh 

I remember when McCoist was Europe’s top scorer a few season, UEFA changed the rules and made it our league had to score 1.5 goals to every other countries.

Not relevant, just saying.  Our league is pish and has been for decades.

Just now, Moody Blue Legend said:

I remember when McCoist was Europe’s top scorer a few season, UEFA changed the rules and made it our league had to score 1.5 goals to every other countries.

Not relevant, just saying.  Our league is pish and has been for decades.

Definitely has. But back then he was also scoring goals against Leeds etc in Europe. Nobody seemed to care or play down allys achievements :lol:

15 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I reckon we would struggle to get 10m in reality, some of the 20m value being bandied about on here is just fantasy Island. Gerrard himself stated that the only real bid we have had is 3m, so can see Ferguson's point.

Its not 2009 mate.  Transfer prices have changed a bit since then.