Greg Docherty

CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Is he in the plans ? Personally I don’t think he’s anywhere near what’s needed and would be happy to let him go. Further down the pecking order now King’s signed aswell.

Docherty couldn't lace Rossiter's boots in my opinion but that is another topic completely.  He is a good guy, Rangers supporter with great work ethic but skill wise no where near what is required. I was surprised at his inclusion.

Noticed he was getting grief from the crowd after a mistake tonight. And our general play dipped around the time he came on. I don’t think he’s good enough at the moment but he’s only made about a dozen appearances (with about half(?)of those in a below average Rangers team). BUT, he’s still young. As centre midfielders go, I think he’s got a bit of everything though and it would be mental to write him off at this stage. Wee guy’s got a great attitude and with a bit of guidance from Gerrard/ Davis etc I’m confident we’ll have a player on our hands. 

1 minute ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Noticed he was getting grief from the crowd after a mistake tonight. And our general play dipped around the time he came on. 

I thought our play dipped more as a result of not having Jack on rather than how Docherty played which shows how good Jack has been.Think he’d have slotted in better if either of the other midfielders were subbed for him. 

7 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Noticed he was getting grief from the crowd after a mistake tonight. And our general play dipped around the time he came on. I don’t think he’s good enough at the moment but he’s only made about a dozen appearances (with about half(?)of those in a below average Rangers team). BUT, he’s still young. As centre midfielders go, I think he’s got a bit of everything though and it would be mental to write him off at this stage. Wee guy’s got a great attitude and with a bit of guidance from Gerrard/ Davis etc I’m confident we’ll have a player on our hands. 

We took the foot off the pedal a bit after the third goal.     We became casual and got careless at times.   It wasn't Docherty to blame for that as he came on after 68 minutes.

I like that he doesn't shite out of 50 50 tackles like Davis but that's about all the kid has going for him. He is a battler. 

Another loan move would be wise. Preferably in the spl to a team like hearts so we can see how he progresses against our opposition teams. 

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Doc is not good enough.  No disrespect but he's a hibs Aberdeen hearts level of player. 

There is levels in this game.

Definitely which means as a back up player we have a man that would start most games for the majority of our opposition. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I think our current starting 11 gives Walter Smith's last season's team a right good game. That's how highly I rate our first team doc has zero chance

We had Maurice Edu at CM under Walter... 

9 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Is he in the plans ? Personally I don’t think he’s anywhere near what’s needed and would be happy to let him go. Further down the pecking order now King’s signed aswell.

Agreed , I wasn’t buying the Shrewsbury hype , will give his all and work like fuck , sadly just isn’t good enough 

Archived