Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

It’s not about what you think is right or wrong - we know they are on the look out for these songs so we’ve only ourselves to blame. The rules, whether we like them or not, have been set. 

So much apathy in one sentence 

the rules have been set - that rule being Rangers fans can’t sing the word fenian? Isn’t that a bit..... specific. 

Is there than also a specific rule that says celtic fans can’t sing the word H**?  Or orange? 

Or is the rule that we can’t sing offensive songs   What exactly are the rules and if they are specific to Rangers and Rangers only then isn’t that an injustice? 

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Excellent point mate.  I have no doubt there are dark forces at work.

I am totally disgusted at the club's response, but unsurprised, such has been their MO since the current board taking power.

Ibrox will still be rocking and we will still secure a victory.

It was actually Bluenoz who made it first mate, but this has not been done with no thought put into it by UEFA, this has been done for maximum effect to hurt us.

I have given up on them a long time ago as far as supporting us the fans, certainly after the Hivs final I knew we had no back up. Just compare it with the wankers across the city. I do not want us to be like them in any way but they fight everything to try and get a football advantage. 

One thing for sure, the fans aren't going to win this battle if we try to defy them. 

They've played their hand and will just keep coming for us. 

Be ready for a massive push on similar sanctions from the SFA being brought in, if not points deductions. 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

There are 2 separate points here. On the one hand we do require a more robust defence from the club on this and for them to take the lead. Particularly around the meaning of certain words & the context of them/songs. Also, the unequal focus on the club from FARE. 

However, we are where we are at the moment and as a support we need to box clever. We know what UEFA are & what their priorities are. If people continue to defy the rules as they stand the club will suffer. If the reaction from the stands next week is defiance - we’ll find the punishments escalating very quickly. 

The issue is, the numerous boards, and associated hangers on always mention point 2

point 1 has never been addressed

when I used to attend Man U euro matches I heard them

wanting to set fire to supporters of man city, Liverpool

sing about attacking city fans with hammers and assorted tools

and many other unsavoury songs. Indeed I have never attended Old Trafford when offensive songs have not occurred and occurred repeatedly.

We know what happened at the recent filth match. We know what the filth sing every euro match and we can reads the banners at said matches.

The point remains, it is only US, in the whole of European football, who ae held to a different standard. Until Dave King and his PR team state this, state this loudly and publicly and come armed with reams of video things wont change, irrespective of fans behaviour.

You know this, your mate needs to know it and he needs to be briefing king accordingly. If king spent as much time wrestling UEFA and Liewell, as he does Ashley, we may actually fucking get somewhere 

3 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

It’s that attitude that’s got the situation to where it is today. The fenians want to ban our Protestant and unionist history and culture. They want to be allowed to sing songs that glorify terrorism, have their history and culture protected while banning and erasing ours.

Fuck UEFA, FARE, SFA, SNP and all the rest. Some things are worth taking a punishment for and these bastards trying to destroy our identity, history and culture is certainly one of them!

We can sing plenty of PUL songs but we know where we’re getting hammered and we need to get a grip especially with shit like stadium sections being closed 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

BF4 is 100% not going to legia fans, I got an email saying my ticket is activated instead of getting moved. 

It’ll more than likely be the club deck with the majority of those fans allocated single tickets elsewhere. 

I can take a fine for singing TBB but adding racism into that sentence across the media seriously threatens the clubs image which is in no way true at all. 

The tarriers have had double figures in charges over the past 4 year but we get the stadium closure for what is our first offence in how long? 

That’s the bit that gets me

If B4 is still ours rather than closed to their fans / segregation it actually makes it more likely that'll be the closed section as it must have 3k seats between BF1 to BF4 combined. Makes operational / financial sense too to have a gap at one side of the away support.

My only hope is the Board realise the impact on the team and the impact from TV images of having that section closed and displaying a fuck off UEFA banner as opposed to a less conspicuous area such as say CD. But then I remember it's our Board, they'll not give a fuck about that.

This decision supersedes previous ticket sales and email communication. Cant see it being anywhere but BF.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There is only one club offended by the word fenian. You figure it out.

I agree with you on that but unfortunately UEFA/FARE deem it as sectarian which they also deem as racism. Until that is changed (clubs responsibility) we’re pissing into the wind 

33 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The Club could (and should) be:

1) seeking to understand exactly what UEFA have taken offence to. People are assuming it is TBB or Super Rangers but we've previously been done for singing Build My Gallows so we need to know precisely what it is they're pissy about

2) seeking to challenge the timing of this. It has been weeks since we played St Josephs. Why has it taken so long to read the match report and take action? 

Yes it was the 18th of July and we have played two home games since in the competition, this has been done to harm us as much as possible. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Funny that the wanks on Twitter like H&H and 4lhad weren’t complaining about the same song last season. 

I’ve listened to some of their podcasts from last year and they were saying we need to be smarter and cut out certain chants.

1 hour ago, Ace said:

To be quite honest, we fucking knew they were there, we knew they were gunning for us and we handed them the ammunition.

If it's true & you want to blame anyone, look in the fucking mirror.

I've really don't get why the club doesn't talk to the UBs, who lead the singing and ask them to amend the song book for European nights

I know i'll likely take abuse for this and yeah, yeah "what about them ..." etc, well i don't give a fuck about them, i only care about us & when we hand our enemies the ammunition to fire at us then its our own fucking fault.

Absolutely fucking spot on.

Dunno what's so hard to understand about this:

During Walter's last run as manager our "songbook" was the cleanest its ever been in my time as a Rangers supporter.

This is the period of time that fan behavior, particularly ours, was used to justify the OBF act.

Think about that.

17 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Aye we all get that but to the outsider who just sees the headline "Rangers to close stand due to racist chanting" probably isn't going ot know the distinction between fenian being a race or political set of beliefs. The damage is done by simply calling us that

Indeed, watch the usual suspects cream themselves each time they get to reference it.

Maybe 3000 of us can console ourselves with some inane, theological debate outside the ground on Thursday night.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

How do you know the club hasn’t done that?

As I’ve posted elsewhere fenian can be considered sectarian. Sectarian does not necessarily mean religious. It can also refer to things like political leanings.

A few seasons ago we were told that singing of billy boys in all its forms was banned. 

Then we are other clubs singing it. So clearly the song is not banned. So we allow it to sneak back in. 

The club needs to come out and say very specifically that fenian is the banned word and that we should continue singing billy boys without that word. 

But the club should also seek parity and fight for our fans to clarify that fenian in the context we are using it is no more offensive than H** and orange and we will continue to try and eliminate the word but we don’t want to lose our songs. 

Archived