Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

16 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I cant fathom this though. 

This is a freedom of speech issue not a “what’s best for the club” issue 

clearly what’s best for the club is to just shut it and do as we are told. Where does that stop?

The punishments for singing a song are fucking mental, that’s why the OBAF act failed, for it to be enforceable it has to be equal and anything that causes offence would have to be dealt with. Then you are into a can of worms because everything can be taken offence to. 

It's not a freedom of speech issue, freedom of speech (which we don't have in the UK btw) is to do with government regulation of speech, not an independent organisation having it's own rules etc on what can and can't be sung.  Personally i don't think the songs should be that big of a deal however it's so fucking obvious that we will get shafted by this continued behaviour yet cunts continue doing it, with the exact same outcome, we as a club get screwed over. As people have already pointed out theres issues with consistent punishments and the club should be pointing this out, but aside from that i don't know what else they could do

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Folk blaming the club for this are being ridiculous. The victim/conspiracy bullshit that we used to laugh at the tarriers for.

The ones blaming the club are the ones singing the songs. Neanderthals. This is long overdue and welcomed imo.

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Alert - Do not read the comments on our FB post. :megaanguish:

Facebook is usually full of cunts that haven’t been to a game so I’m assuming it’s just a long list of apologists and scum supporters commenting on it 

Just now, Dan Deacon said:

The ones blaming the club are the ones singing the songs. Neanderthals. This is long overdue and welcomed imo.

Welcomed? Its welcomed to stop cunts who haven't sung the apparent racist or whatever songs they've took offence to from going to a match

Fucking hell

35 minutes ago, mus said:

Nope club have put out a statement no fewer than 3000 seats must be left empty in one or more parts of the ground!

Ballot, we are good at ballots.  Then let UEFA count the seats around the ground.

Just now, psb07158 said:

A big "FUCK UEFA" banner would be incredibly petty and result in another fine but would make me feel very satisfied 

Love it mate, would probably result in about a 10 game stadium closure but still love it 

The whole thing stinks. The timing, the rationale, and the punishment is way ott particularly given repeated offending from other clubs (not just them, Eastern European clubs with actual racist fans) 

No point in blaming our club, they’ve warned the fans many times. I’m scunnered and sickened with the whole situation. 

6 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Give it a rest you madman. What the fuck were the poles singing last night (no I haven’t got a clue either). I have never heard racist ch anting in all my years following the Rangers. Serious public disorder at paedodome last night,reported live on bbc but not a mention in any tabloid this morning. Fare are the true bigots and will be offended by anything we sing so take your faux outrage elsewhere you moron.

As I said, if you want to sing it, feel free but accept there are consequences.

Tell you what, how about you set up a Just Giving page where all those that want to sing the songs they want can contribute which can the be given to the club to pat the fine & also given to the supporters who can't see the game because of that idiotic stance!

Those that decided that 2 songs are worth being tarnished as both racist & sectarian in the eyes of football .. well done 👏👏

10 minutes ago, BillyG93 said:

Unsubscribed 

Why? Because what he says is true. It’s bullshit but it’s true. He doesn’t make the rules. Even before the game it was in the daily update that FARE would be there and David Edgar said at that time the fans should be careful because they were out to get us. He even suggested the songs we shouldn’t sing and TBB and the 50p flute were named. It’s hardly H&Hs fault that this has happened.

The board should be challenging the wording of that charge. “Racist behaviour” implies something a lot worse than what the chanting actually was and with racism being such a hot button topic at the moment that’s the last thing we want to be tarred with and seen reported all over the place.

I think this will end up being appealed or sorted out for the first home game of group stages. 

Hard to get something like this in when weve we’ve already sold the tickets for the game. 

I’m more worried about the wording ‘racist singing’. We sing about fenians etc but the word racist will have us branded around European football as a scum club. Feel they should change it to bigoted if anything as saying ‘that included bigotry’ comes after the word racist. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

The board should be challenging the wording of that charge. “Racist behaviour” implies something a lot worse than what the chanting actually was and with racism being such a hot button topic at the moment that’s the last thing we want to be tarred with and seen reported all over the place.

You are joking?

the only thing they defend is if they come under personal attack.

Agreed though, how can fenian be a race?

Just now, Ace said:

As I said, if you want to sing it, feel free but accept there are consequences.

Tell you what, how about you set up a Just Giving page where all those that want to sing the songs they want can contribute which can the be given to the club to pat the fine & also given to the supporters who can't see the game because of that idiotic stance!

Those that decided that 2 songs are worth being tarnished as both racist & sectarian in the eyes of football .. well done 👏👏

What was sung that is racist ya madman.

We really should go to town on this. I'm fuckin sick of those bastards at the Saville dome getting off with all and sundry. Why is it always us? These cunts are box clever on this. They have positions of power right through the game. What about the fenian army banner the other week? What about ira chants? This is a witch hunt plain and simple. 

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Apparently a banner needs to go on the closed section.

B334EB4E-B9C1-4DE2-9333-A67BE2ABE385.jpeg

FFS it gets worse. I’m surprised they’ve not got us putting banners saying 10IAR on it!! Fkn shambles. I’m absolutely raging. Fkn arsehole bastards.

Archived