Support for Thursday

Ace

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Follow Follow, Blue Sea Of Ibrox, Easy Ok, Walking Down The Copland Road, Blue Flag, Morelos x2, Arfield And Tavernier’s new one, McGregor x2, Halliday’s, Defoe’s, Who’s That Team, Every Saturday We Follow, Every Other Saturday, A Trip To Ibrox, Rangers Story/Chorus, Wolverhampton Town get’s the odd airing, plenty of ones that the UB have come up with that will be called ‘ultra shite’ Super Rangers Ole etc, and that’s before we include the Sash and Derry’s Walls and the other ‘safe’ loyalist/orange songs.

Forgot 4 lads had a dream so undoubtedly there’s other a canny remember.

Police are switched on enough to start recording during a certain part of a trip to ibrox in the last few games, for one word...

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Well, as I am of a certain age and sang all or most of all the songs I agree that your point isn't without some merit although as someone who was very loud in those days, we sang many purely Rangers songs.     How often do you hear these?

Follow follow,  Every other Saturday, The Blue Flag,  Famous Glasgow Rangers,  Who's that team,  It's Rangers for me, Wolverhampton Town, these are hardly ever sung now.  When I was younger there was the Sash and Derry's Walls and one or two others but now I hardly know some of the new songs of non-Rangers lyrics.

For me this is one of the reasons the ground doesn't get particularly loud any more, too many of the songs sung by the sections that start songs are not Rangers related and many in the other stands have no interest in singing them. So it never takes of as the whole stadium getting behind the team. 

I've no interest in any NI songs and never have but it seems that some want to put these before club songs - until that changes, I don't think we'll ever get the stadium to be particularly unified and no doubt will end up getting more sanctions by UEFA and eventually the SFA/SPFL

Appreciate that some see these songs as important for whatever reasons but I think sanctions are about to get real and will no doubt end up in points deductions unless people change

44 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Of course it would be but looking across various social media sites the majority are claiming they will continue to sing it regardless which is kinda worrying more than anything

Thankfully a lot of the stuff on social media, and to be honest on here, doesn't generally reflect what happens in the stadium.

People need to decide what comes first, the well being and success of the club or their own personal political views, if it's the former then I think people will maybe change, if  it's the latter, then the consequences will be all to clear. When push comes to shove, I think the majority want 55 and success on the field and won't want that jeopardised by sections singing daft songs that focus on them and their support.

Will certainly be interesting to see the response next week

6 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Thankfully a lot of the stuff on social media, and to be honest on here, doesn't generally reflect what happens in the stadium.

People need to decide what comes first, the well being and success of the club or their own personal political views, if it's the former then I think people will maybe change, if  it's the latter, then the consequences will be all to clear. When push comes to shove, I think the majority want 55 and success on the field and won't want that jeopardised by sections singing daft songs that focus on them and their support.

Will certainly be interesting to see the response next week

It isn't

My take on things

Normally around me . All the bears know the script .

When we always play our first European games . There are seats not taken by the usual people that sit there . And this  means, many seats are taken up by many newbees if you like .Guys that do not normally go to many games . I honestly think this creates a problem . It is these types of fans that don't feel the same responsibility .

They won't be back in that seat the following week so they don't necessarily give a fuck what they sing

9 hours ago, Blueray said:

Hate Liverpool too. City that reeks of rhebel fenianism. Brookside, Jimmy Corkhill,  Derek Hatton, Len Mcluskey, Militant/Momentum etc etc etc, a horrible fucking place.

8 hours ago, Blueray said:

I understand where you're coming from but there are people fighting back. Alistair Jack was correct in stating that brexit is likely to put in place foundations to reverse pc fenianism. 

I'd like to think so BA. However, its been for a long time heavily portrayed as a fenian stronghold though.

It's exactly that because for too long they've hijacked the narrative and high ground however the war has not been won yet and there is undoubtedly good people being placed in strategic positions that can reverse the tide.

source.gif.bf628e8f8172222e5aef315e96a80b07.gif

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There’s plenty Rangers songs sing week in week out, nobody joins in.

This. No one sings along with much of anything outwith Blue Sea at the start of the match and Alfredo's tune when he scores for example. Songs rarely ever pick up momentum most game days and it's sad as fuck. Even when asked by Gerrard (Hibs for example) the atmosphere was still terrible. People sometimes allude that if we were playing good football or beating teams we hate handily it'd be great but it wasn't and that for a 6-1 gubbing of they horrible bastards. 

Obviously, it can't be Parma levels every week but it really is few and far between the good-to-great atmospheres at home. The UB's try their absolute best and about 2 thirds refuse to add anything to it. 

Come next Thursday, I see victory on the park, but off it, I think we are getting another shredding.

The polacks are no friends of ours but they are with the club like no other. Their PM recently and very publicly stated that without cathloicism there is no Poland. I would imagine their support will be infested with our plastics and even if we stayed silent, we are getting reported for something, No doubt two r's Garry the taig will be an observer. 

We may stay away from the bad words but on our victory, we are for a shafting. The truth of it will matter not.

20 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

I'm expecting TBB to be sung as loudly and as proudly than ever before in Thursday night 

Aye that will show UEFA!

If people want our our home European games played in an empty stadium then they should carry on singing the TBB loud and proud.

19 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Aye that will show UEFA!

If people want our our home European games played in an empty stadium then they should carry on singing the TBB loud and proud.

I'm only going by what I've seen on most forms of social media nothing more