Fenians

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/8/2019 at 16:45, Getstiffed said:

And I've never thought of any of our Catholic players as Fenians either.

For instance Goldson crosses himself when comes on the park. Never bothered me one bit and quite literally never seen it mentioned on here or heard it mentioned among other supporters.

Jacob Rees Mogg is catholic and I can't think of anybody less fenian 

8 hours ago, Willis said:

This is exactly what the taigs want, they want us arguing and divided when we should all be united.

I fully support our supporters and believe we should be able to sing what we like, I also see the double standards where the taigs get away with murder while we are constantly called out.

I want TBB sung at Ibrox, it's our anthem.

But I want us to win the league more.

If giving the Billy boys and the other songs about fenians a by for this season is what we need to do to be united as a fan base then I'm willing to back that.

We should be focused on  nothing more than backing the team and winning the league, all this other stuff is a distraction and it obviously a tactic by our enemies to hinder us. These debates get us nowhere.

Let's win the league then sing TBB as champions and it wont matter what the media or UEFA or anyone else says about it

This 

6 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Got about 5 pages in and give up

I actually thought when I read the title, that this thread was going to tell me the history of fenians .

To actually educate our fan base and the ‘guests’ that frequent this forum.

but no we have blue on blue literally, exactly  what the fenians want.

instead of calling our own the enemy let’s look at what the real enemy has done in past 40 yr.

look at the IRA , now that is a fenian organisation,  where are they now? 

Disbanded? 

Or trying to dictate in a UK government?

Maggie Thatcher has a lot to answer for, she was The Iron Lady who once said “we do not negotiate with terrorists. “

We all thought correct Maggie!

In actual fact it made the cunts educate themselves into very high places and we are now seeing the effects.

we take this lying down and it gets worse it’s getting worse, it is worse .

look where our club have been for the past 7 fuckin year!!!!!!  Open your fucking eyes fgs .

The fenians tried to have us abolished.

It doesn’t stop,  it won’t stop, singing songs flying flags wearing  colours  marching bands supporting football teams, they will go after it all make no mistake.

stand up for what you believe Rangers for We Are The People.

I’ll have the like of BP9 calling me paranoid but facts are facts .

there are fenians in very very very high places.

F3F84810-2051-4A90-B36C-01BD48FBD7F5.thumb.jpeg.694351bb9cde62c7b14949cadf3e6ae4.jpeg

On 23/08/2019 at 14:01, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Singing sectarian songs is pretty good evidence of being sectarian.

If you are trying to claim that calling people 'fenian bastards' etc is not sectarian, then I dont really have much time for you to be honest.

Go to Iraq to see what sectarianism really is. 

You dont need to go to find out calling someone a fenian isn't sectarian.

On 23/08/2019 at 14:08, mitre_mouldmaster said:

So?

Rappers call themselves the N word all the time. You dont think walking up to Scott Sinclair and calling him a 'fucking N Word' would be considered racist?

And before you decide to follow the usual path of this discussion. Let me do it for you.

You : They call themselves Fenians, we should be able to call them Fenians.

Me : Black people call each other Niggers, we shouldnt be able to call them Niggers.

You : Fenians are not a race, its different, you cant compare racism to fenians.

Me : Thats right, one is specifically racist, the other is sectarian.

Round and Round.....

One is racist,  one is name calling. End of.

Its UEFAs rules as opposed to being a law.  In the past they have looked at what is deemed acceptable in a country either through football or political.

The NI football authorities stated recently the Billy Boys was now completely unnaceptable which is why Linfield were done with it in 2016ish.  In a decision which UEFA indicated that changing the words completely or even a little did not alter the meaning or intention behind the song.

So as an extreme example, even if Gers fans sung the Edu song to the same tune or whistled it with no words, then UEFA would consider it equally as bad as the full version. 

The Scottish Government as part of the Offensive behaviour act set the stall out on the song and now UEFA will hear no more.

Its simple ffs.

Just drop it.  Drop all the add ons.  Drop all the stupid stuff.  And sing for 90 minutes songs about the club.  Its not as if we are struggling for songs for goodness sake.

We will know our fate for the 2nd incident tomorrow and i wont be surprised if its a 1 game full enclosure which will cost the club £2m in lost revenue.  

PS - I am on a softer side of letting everyone sing what they want within reason as i dont believe that 16 year old boys want to wade in blood and equally dont believe the other lot want to kill us with bullets from the IRA.  But we need to stop it.  

Archived