Fenians

I know it's been done many times before but I make no apologies, before I get onto the thread topic I have to explain, I've followed The Rangers since I was 5years old I'm now 64, and it goes without saying that I hate those fenian bastards with all my heart, I've sang all the songs on the slopes of Ibrox and been happy to do so, and while it breaks my heart to say it but it would appear the time has come [it's actually passed]for us to stop using ONE WORD in our song book or going forward we could damage the club beyond repair if we refuse to do so, being defiant and showing bravado and just carrying on singing that ONE WORD  aint gonna cut it.

Don't get me wrong I dislike this dilemma as much as the next supporter but unfortunately it would appear that our enemies have won this particular battle, so what do we do about it? to me it's quite simple we have two choices

1: we stop singing the songs with the offending word, and I'm not that much of a simpleton to know that that aint gonna happen, or 

2: change that ONE WORD, it just seems so simple to me, what word is more offensive to a fenian than to be called a peado?, it has no catholic connotations in a legal sense, so nothing racist or sectarian there, now I've been called an Orange bastard on far to numerous an occasion to remember, but I wear it as a badge of honour and my reply has always been "aye and don't you forget it", and I bet that lot feel the same, but I know for a fact that I would hate to be called a PEADO and I know that goes for them as well, so let's change fenian for PEADO and watch their heads explode , it works for all our songbook inside Ibrox, [feel free to sing the original versions outwith] if it were to get started it wouldn't take long to be accepted.

GET IT SUNG. 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Yep King is on a new strategy. And its not one, that includes defending any of the hardcore element of our support 

You want the Rangers board to issue a stamtent condoning the singing of songs UEFA deem fit to sanction the club for?

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Then they'll say it is derogatory singing. 

No matter what we do we won't win. 

Spot on , the fuckers will explore all roots this year to stop us. Its a word/song today and will be something else waiting in the wings next week.........

47 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Do you believe in the tooth fairy

The scum could wreck a stadium and actually harm someone .And still  find their next fine reducing 

Sorry mate but it’s now time to concentrate on what we do, not that lot. 

You’re right in that I don’t know for sure that if we stop the singing they won’t move onto something else but jeezo we need to try or the stadium gets locked with us all outside.

I think there has been some good debate here and, hopefully,  some acceptance that it’s time to take the best interests of the club as the priority.

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Then they'll say it is derogatory singing. 

No matter what we do we won't win. 

How can it be derogatory? they have admitted it with the payout last week, so it has now become truth, the genie is out the bottle.

37 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I know, its simple. Its been talked about for years and there are plenty who say they wont change the word cos they are that staunch. Fuck knows what we do to be honest. The 3 options seem to be 1. Carry on as we are and end up playing behind closed doors. 2. Change one word in a great song and avoid punishment. 3. Drop said song altogether. It is no more complicated than that,and the choice would seem obvious but there you go.

Do we know that it is that one "fenian" word"?

If it is, then there is simply no justice and those child raping bastards will have us for everything and laughing their cocks off.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Who would find something else? Are we now going full 'the lizard people are out to get us?'.

This is Uefa who are punishing us, along with other clubs getting the same type of sanction.

There is no conspiracy. We are being punished for breaking the rules.

celtic have been hit with a 12th UEFA fine in the space of six years with the total bill up to about £170,000.

Here, Press Association Sport lists the Hoops' recent run-ins with UEFA's disciplinary body.

December 2011: celtic are fined £12,700 after fans sing pro-IRA chants during a Europa League clash with Rennes in Glasgow.

March 2012: A £21,000 penalty is issued after supporters set off fireworks and unveil an insulting banner aimed at UEFA during their Europa League fixture with Udinese in Italy.

Read more: celtic fined again by UEFA after Paris Saint-Germain pitch invasion

September 2012: The use of fireworks at celtic Park during a Champions League qualifier with Cliftonville costs the Scottish title winners another £4,200.

December 2013: The club are fined around £42,000 after ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ unveils "illicit banners" featuring IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands before a Champions League match with AC Milan.

September 2014: UEFA fines celtic £15,900 after fans display a Palestinian flag during a Champions League qualifier against KR Reykjavik.

February 2015: The club are fined £7,300 after celtic fans clash with rival supporters and Croatian police during a Europa League group stage match against Dinamo Zagreb. The fine also punishes celtic for the supporters' use of fireworks.

March 2015: Flares set off by celtic fans during a Europa League clash with Inter Milan at the San Siro incur a £3,600 sanction.

February 2016: A £10,000 fine is issued for using fireworks following a Europa League tie with Fenerbahce in Istanbul, although a portion of the fine related to the "improper conduct" of the team.

August 2016: Fans again flew Palestinian flags in the Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva, prompting UEFA to fine the Scottish champions £8,616 for the use of "illicit banners".

February 2017: More fireworks and crowd disturbances during a Champions League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium are punished with a £16,050 fine.

July 2017: celtic are fined £20,000 for crowd-related offences during a Champions League home qualifier against Linfield, including blocked stairways and another "illicit banner" featuring a paramilitary-style figure.

October 2017: celtic are fined £8,900 after 21-year-old supporter John Hatton raced on to the Parkhead pitch and aimed a kick at Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League match in September.

This is Uefa who are punishing us, along with other clubs getting the same type of sanction.  My eyesight ain't what it used to be, any chance you could underline where these cunts got a partial stadium closure for any of this shit from 2011-17  and threatened if there are any subsequent offences they could face points deductions, forfeiting a match and even expulsion from Uefa competition?

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter pish.

IF it is fenian today, then it will be something else tomorrow.

Anyone thinking that this was not motivated by our haters then naive in the extreme.

Taigs, fenian whatever the fuck you want to call those inbred paedophile scum, they will never stop coming at us.

I remain to smell shite in this whole warfare and our spineless appeasing board can go take one fuck to themselves. THEY are our PR disaster, no one else!

👍

Post of the day BA . Add in James Traynor who will be playing King like a fiddle

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

How can it be derogatory? they have admitted it with the payout last week, so it has now become truth, the genie is out the bottle.

You don't get the point,I've already said it today if it's not singing songs it'll be sectarian banners and aggressive flag waving they'll go for next. 

Have people already forgotten 2012 for fuck sake? 

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Changing the words wouldn't be enough because you'll still get some who'll sing the original versions and even the tune will probably be enough for them to punish us further at this point tbh.

of course you are correct but if the vast majority are singing PEADO and it catches on then they will either follow on or be drowned out.

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If 9 others were also found to have offended, would it be ok for them to just get off scot free?  What if 10 folk are offending but the polis only look at CCTV into the actions of one person. Is that fair and right? What a daft analogy.

Can you please tell me where I said it was fair?

It’s not fair and it’s not ok for them to walk free. But it’s also not good behaviour. Your logic is saying that it’s ok to do whatever you want but only if nobody gets caught. 

We will be in no position to challenge lack of equality in punishment until we sort out our own house first. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You don't get the point,I've already said it today if it's not singing songs it'll be sectarian banners and aggressive flag waving they'll go for next. 

Have people already forgotten 2012 for fuck sake? 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but what sectarian banners?,I'm sure the stewards wouldn't allow them anyway so that's a moot argument.

Archived