****The Official Livingston v Rangers Match Thread****

Davy Vandenbroucke

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ojo isnt far away from being vital to us imo, but we need width on both sides because teams can double up on ojo knowing we only have tav on the right

He could quite easily have had another goal and assist tonight, maybe even a couple of both if he had shown a little bit more composure and his decision making was better. He's extremely frustrating at times but there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will come up with plenty big moments for us throughout the rest of the season because as poor as he's played at times for large spells in games already, he's always had or made opportunities to either score or assist. I think we are all just going to have to realise that that's the type of player he is, accept the weaknesses in his game and hope that his good contributions will outweigh the frustration. 

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Let's remember how the scum got through in the this competition in the last round while playing at home.

The only important thing tonight is that we're through.

Definitely mate the result is all that matters but we should have controlled the game way better.

When I saw the team selection, I was happy that he picked a strong side but after watching that, it was clear players had heavy legs. In particular, Helander, Tavernier and to a lesser extent Morelos.  3 games in 6 days is asking a lot. My point is, I think Gerrard could do a better job rotating or perhaps tweaking is a better word.

King didn't look out of place, perhaps he should have started.

Still had a fucking terrible view from my seat tonight. It's like there's nowhere decent to sit in that shitehole!

Anyway, yet another game where we should've / could've had more goals. We're pushing our luck not taking these clear cut chances to finish things off pretty early. 

Wish Jones and Kent weren't injured. It'd be nice to have them to bring on or rotate Arfield / Ojo with. 

Really hope Aribo is alright. Looked brutal

31 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You say he is 'howling' and Durrant gives him MOTM.

God knows what game he was watching, but it wasn't the same one im just back from. 

Arfield was poor tonight, Goldson as well. Arfield was waiting on the ball coming to him constantly rather than going to meet it, wanted too many touches on the ball and was closed down constantly. 

Barisic played well tonight, and Morelos should have been man of the match. He had crap service but dug in deep and was back in midfield more than some of our midfielders. We got the win though, referee and the one of the linesman were poor as well. Let them kick lumps out of us. That pitch is awful too. We need to be more switched on at the back as anyone with a bit of pace will run right through the centre halfs.

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

God knows what game he was watching, but it wasn't the same one im just back from. 

Arfield was poor tonight, Goldson as well. Arfield was waiting on the ball coming to him constantly rather than going to meet it, wanted too many touches on the ball and was closed down constantly. 

Barisic played well tonight, and Morelos should have been man of the match. He had crap service but dug in deep and was back in midfield more than some of our midfielders. We got the win though, referee and the one of the linesman were poor as well. Let them kick lumps out of us. That pitch is awful too. We need to be more switched on at the back as anyone with a bit of pace will run right through the centre halfs.

Apart from all that did you enjoy your night out?

6 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If Kent was fit for Saturday then it’s Arfield who should be dropped.

A decent first half against Feyenoord apart, he’s been howling recently.

Arfield needs played in behind morelos or not at all, i called it months ago, playing him wide ruins him, ruins our shape and ruins the high press game we try to play

Wasnt the best game in the world, we very rarely do have good games on they parks, helander was poor, although a cant imagine he has played many professional games on a park like that, we have seen what he can do on grass, thought alfredo was our best player, his all round game was good, a noticed with him, he was always encourging after a bad pass or a mistake, alfredo last season would have had a moan, head down and a pettied lip lol.

29 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Wasnt the best game in the world, we very rarely do have good games on they parks, helander was poor, although a cant imagine he has played many professional games on a park like that, we have seen what he can do on grass, thought alfredo was our best player, his all round game was good, a noticed with him, he was always encourging after a bad pass or a mistake, alfredo last season would have had a moan, head down and a pettied lip lol.

Helander was poor? The whole team were stinking but we done enough. That does me we got through 

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Love how some people said before the game that they'd take a scrappy one nil win, then complain that we were shite and a disgrace when we won a scrappy game one nil.

Not seen anyone unhappy to get the win first and foremost. We were shite, it's kinda fair to discuss that on a forum after the game. Folk saying we were a disgrace, really? 

Archived