****The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread****

Davy Vandenbroucke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No need for Jack, Kamara and Davis today.

Put Arfield back into midfield 3

Jack will be flying today so he must play, Kamara needs a recharge though as he seems to have lost his way a bit, Andy King should start.

Sheep have a good few injuries today so more than ever they'll be looking to keeping tactics simple and playing to their strengths - spoiling style football, cheating to get opponent sent off, general thuggery and hanging on to nil nil and hoping set piece pays off.

They need smashed, and Alfie is the man to do it.

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sheep have a good few injuries today so more than ever they'll be looking to play to their strengths - spoiling style football, cheating to get opponent sent off, general thuggery and hanging on to nil nil and hoping set piece pays off.

They need smashed, and Alfie is the man to do it.

That sounds like their tactics with a full squad never mind injuries 

27 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Jack will be flying today so he must play, Kamara needs a recharge though as he seems to have lost his way a bit, Andy King should start.

Jack a certain starter, i was just meaning no need for 3 similar types in midfield against a team who’ll play 10 men behind ball.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He's irrelevant fraud should've been off in the 2 matches

Don’t disagree but he wasn’t and he raggydolled our defence twice. 

For what it’s worth Cosgrove isn’t anywhere near as physical or as quick as Dykes so Helander shouldn’t get knocked fuck out off today. 

37 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He signed Barker and Stewart.

Surely he can start one of them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Alfie was on bench.

If he is I'll be fucking livid. The time for resting our best player in the biggest games was.....never. 

We fucked it against celtic not playing Alfie and if we do it again we really have learned nothing 

My opinion on this might change once the team is announced but I think we may have to show a lot of patience.

They seem to be missing quite a few starters which is good for us but their style completely contradicts ours and we've struggled against.

Hopefully today we come with a plan to combat Cosgrove who has hurt us before and we've seen the boy Dykes from Livingston cause us problems. 

Today for me is about giving nothing away early like we did in our two defeats at Ibrox last time and build from there.

1-0 or 2-0 Rangers.

Archived