Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

8 hours ago, King Jela said:

I asked the question first mate, you have constantly refused to answer and deflected with pointless posts and counter questions to get away from my original question, the definition of deflection. 

Chase yourself. 

Lol you’re a genuine weapon btw. Wasn’t me you asked the question too lol. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we’re being hyper critical, it seems of just one player, why is McGregor not getting stick for not saving the effort? After all he parries it into the net when it’s essentially hit straight at him?  Na doesn’t fit the we hate certain players agenda. 

Aye that’s right cause he isn’t one of the whipping boys who we don’t wait until he makes a mistake to absolutely roast him. 

Also you can just tell the OP has been sitting on that thread title since Tav cost us a goal against Falkirk 4 year ago

7 hours ago, beararse said:

Keeps it simple.

Tackles for fun.

D’you fail to notice Flanagan’s European performances?

I’m also pretty sure the Cowdenbeath game was after a 9 game  abscence thro injury.

He’d also continuously been playing left back AND McAuley  had been drafted in as centre half.

If you want to judge him on that then fair enough.  I’d rather look at all the Euro and old firm games where he has excelled in his defending.

You said he was easily the best RB at defending but you're asking me if i fail to notice his performance in Europe when he's playing at LB?

What game's has Flanagan "excelled in his defending" at RB? 

Also, you say "he'd also continuously been playing left back" - the reason for this, is because he's a LB and Gerrard clearly thinks so as well or he wouldn't have signed a backup RB in Polster.

I'm assuming you're now going to tell me there's no difference from playing LB and RB as they're similar positions - well there is and they're not.

10 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You said he was easily the best RB at defending but you're asking me if i fail to notice his performance in Europe when he's playing at LB?

What game's has Flanagan "excelled in his defending" at RB? 

Also, you say "he'd also continuously been playing left back" - the reason for this, is because he's a LB and Gerrard clearly thinks so as well or he wouldn't have signed a backup RB in Polster.

I'm assuming you're now going to tell me there's no difference from playing LB and RB as they're similar positions - well there is and they're not.

Flannigan to replace tav :lol:

cunts are mad at times 

As much as losing to that shower isn’t good cos let’s face it I saw nothing in that team that makes me think they’re better than us, I’m not going to sit here and lambast tavernier.

we can list probably 5-6 off the top of my head where he’s made a blunder and they shouldn’t happen but at times and for the majority of the last 18 months he’s been our best attacking player and the amount of penalties he’s stepped up for and scored is really good.   
strip of the captaincy is far far too harsh,  maybe he needs to just to get back to basics as he’s not started this season in good form.   

Tavernier has played 17 games this season, 57 last season, 46 the season before. Before he joined us it was 16 and 28 games at far lower levels.

For me, he looks like he's overworked and needs rested more regularly. Same as any other player.  With Polster and Flanagan around this shouldn't be so difficult. Yes Tav is important to our attacking system, but not if he's clearly run down, not offering what he has previously, and is costing us at the back. Change the system slightly ie against Hamilton at home and rest him where we can, that's what a squad is for.

He's also less of a threat than he was, daft not to acknowledge he has no partnership now like he did so effectively with Candeais, but needs to find a solution to that.

I'm not excusing him for his costly mistakes last night, just think there's a bit more to it than saying he's now shite.

Tav must be dropped at the very least.

He has now cost us to many points ie

first old firm of the session and now in Europe. 

And for a captain? That’s laughable tbh.

If you think I am been to harsh please watch the highlights of the old firm at IBROX.

also highlights from last night.

He is  finished.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If we’re being hyper critical, it seems of just one player, why is McGregor not getting stick for not saving the effort? After all he parries it into the net when it’s essentially hit straight at him?  Na doesn’t fit the we hate certain players agenda. 

Aye that’s right cause he isn’t one of the whipping boys who we don’t wait until he makes a mistake to absolutely roast him. 

Also you can just tell the OP has been sitting on that thread title since Tav cost us a goal against Falkirk 4 year ago

Hyper critical? Tav sold the jersey last night.  It’s that simple. He deserves every bit of flak coming his way for his capitulation. McGregor was one on one and the odds are against him. Did well to get a hand to it. Can you remember a single howler from McGregor that has cost us a game? He took massive flak when he got sent off last season for being a dick. Thankfully we didn’t concede with McCrorie in goals

Anyway.  Tav’s capitulation last night doesn’t make him a bad player. He is undoubtedly a great asset going forward. but he has been nowhere near the player he can be this season and needs rested.  And he is prone to a gaff and prone to being caught out of position. Jack covers for him constantly. 

He simply should not be captain. I get why Gerrard did it when he arrived. But we have moved on massively from then and we have better candidates for captain now. He should be thought of in the same terms as Barisic, our first choice full back that needs to stay on his toes or he will be dropped.

Give him a rest, give the captaincy to Davis or Jack and bring Tav back in after a couple of games. 

56 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

As much as losing to that shower isn’t good cos let’s face it I saw nothing in that team that makes me think they’re better than us, I’m not going to sit here and lambast tavernier.

we can list probably 5-6 off the top of my head where he’s made a blunder and they shouldn’t happen but at times and for the majority of the last 18 months he’s been our best attacking player and the amount of penalties he’s stepped up for and scored is really good.   
strip of the captaincy is far far too harsh,  maybe he needs to just to get back to basics as he’s not started this season in good form.   

Also missed penalties 

Right this is the thing that frustrates me ok tav made two bad decisions and was at fault for both the goals we conceded. But can someone please explain to me as this has happened on many an occasion why when we have a big game half the team don't fucking turn up it is fucking beyond me.everyone of those players should be giving one hundred percent Every time they pull on the blue jersey not when it suits them. once again on Thursday we had players posted missing in areas all over that pitch and until we see a vast improvement in numbers of our players brining their A game into every game and not just when it suits them we will win fuck all. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Flannigan to replace tav :lol:

cunts are mad at times 

Happens all the time mate. Players who aren’t in the team become better than they really are. Flanagan is a useful backup player but if he was to start every week we would be in trouble. If Tav isn’t the answer (and I’m not saying he isn’t I’ve always rated him) then we need to sign somebody new.

11 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Could not wait to put the boot in - mind you it’s what you do best 

I’m really not interested in a single word you have to say ya nationalist prick.  So fuck off and stop quoting me. 

Single-handedly fucked us last night. Nobody is to blame for that loss last night except Tavernier. Would expect him to be benched for our next match if he wasn't captain.

A shame really, as first half I thought to myself that he looked to be getting back to his best form from last season...second half was a different story and his defending was appalling and nobody else can legislate for his mistakes. They cost us the game.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Because for some reason he get’s away with everything and it’s always somebody else fault, granted Tavernier fucked it this time as well. 

36 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’m really not interested in a single word you have to say ya nationalist prick.  So fuck off and stop quoting me. 

No - such negativity about our players - you get some sort of perverse pleasure  out of sticking the boot in and call it ‘support’ - basically you are a hater, not a supporter 

Tav was really poor at both goals and McGregor at the second. But if Helander did his job and didn't ball watch at the first it would probs have been a different result. 

Three of our five man defence were at fault last night. A team can afford one off form, possibly two, but not three making basic errors. 

Win as a team, lose as a team. 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Hyper critical? Tav sold the jersey last night.  It’s that simple. He deserves every bit of flak coming his way for his capitulation. McGregor was one on one and the odds are against him. Did well to get a hand to it. Can you remember a single howler from McGregor that has cost us a game? He took massive flak when he got sent off last season for being a dick. Thankfully we didn’t concede with McCrorie in goals

Anyway.  Tav’s capitulation last night doesn’t make him a bad player. He is undoubtedly a great asset going forward. but he has been nowhere near the player he can be this season and needs rested.  And he is prone to a gaff and prone to being caught out of position. Jack covers for him constantly. 

He simply should not be captain. I get why Gerrard did it when he arrived. But we have moved on massively from then and we have better candidates for captain now. He should be thought of in the same terms as Barisic, our first choice full back that needs to stay on his toes or he will be dropped.

Give him a rest, give the captaincy to Davis or Jack and bring Tav back in after a couple of games. 

And that is why you can’t take the RM anti-Tav rage seriously...

:lol: did well to get a hand to it.

Killie away in the “Worrall” game, where he fluffed it to let Jones score. 

27 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No - such negativity about our players - you get some sort of perverse pleasure  out of sticking the boot in and call it ‘support’ - basically you are a hater, not a supporter 

Come back and see me when you’ve been to as many games as me.  Now piss off.

Archived