Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

48 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its harder for him now because the system we use has him either double teamed or he's maybe scared to because he hasnt got candieas as cover for him

He definitely offered more when partnered with Candieas , he’s a very talented boy but struggling atm. Hope he can come out the other end back on form.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

We do of course, but none would improve on Tav’s current performances. It’s up to Tav & the coaching team to up his level

What are you basing that on?  Every time I have seen Polster, he looks fine. I never watched Chicago (his last team) and I'm going to assume neither did you. . How can you possibly say no-one could improve on Tav's form. For a professional player, he loses possession far too often. And like I said earlier, we had no RB on the bench today so the gaffer ain't planning on replacing him anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

If you can’t drop an under performer how do you expect him to stop under performing 

For what it’s worth I think Flanagan is miles better at RB than left back and looked alright when he played there at the end of last season 

He played RB once at the end of the season and we lost 2-1. He’s a decent defender but offers absolutely nothing in an attacking sense. 

Dropping Tav literally nullifies are most potent attacking threat - it’s nuts & I’m not sure right now I see anybody in the side capable of bridging that gap 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

What are you basing that on?  Every time I have seen Polster, he looks fine. I never watched Chicago (his last team) and I'm going to assume neither did you. . How can you possibly say no-one could improve on Tav's form. For a professional player, he loses possession far too often. And like I said earlier, we had no RB on the bench today so the gaffer ain't planning on replacing him anytime soon.

Polster has played a 2 and a bit games for us this season - there’s a reason for that 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Polster has played a 2 and a bit games for us this season - there’s a reason for that 

I normally respect your opinion but if you think Tavernier is deserving of keeping that jersey because he is the captain, never injured, loyalty or whatever then you are wrong. Like the old saying goes, ' the player is never bigger than the jersey .' He deserves to be dropped for a bit. Then, I expect him to come back stronger and I will love it when he hoists a trophy over his shoulders. But until then...

5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He played RB once at the end of the season and we lost 2-1. He’s a decent defender but offers absolutely nothing in an attacking sense. 

Dropping Tav literally nullifies are most potent attacking threat - it’s nuts & I’m not sure right now I see anybody in the side capable of bridging that gap 

I think that possibly an issue that we should have addressed in the Summer.

Flanagan has his used but he’s a glorified utility player who is nothing like Tav in his style of play.

We don’t have anybody who is like for like for Tav which is a risk because if he gets injured or loses form - as we are seeing now- then we have to alter our entire structure of play to compensate for that.

From his post match comments, Gerrard is clearly aware that Tav is going through a bad spell and probably his confidence is low.  After his mistakes last week, I didn’t think he should have been dropped but surprised Gerrard didn’t have a word about not taking penalties for now just to take the heat of him for a bit until he gets his confidence back.  

Apart for his penalty miss, thought Tav was ok today.  Certainly no worse than a few others.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I normally respect your opinion but if you think Tavernier is deserving of keeping that jersey because he is the captain, never injured, loyalty or whatever then you are wrong. Like the old saying goes, ' the player is never bigger than the jersey .' He deserves to be dropped for a bit. Then, I expect him to come back stronger and I will love it when he hoists a trophy over his shoulders. But until then...

You can’t just look at it in isolation like that. He’s critical to our entire way of playing. Similarly, the focus on him by opposition players, is creating space in other areas. 

I’m not suggesting for a second he wasn’t responsible for Berne or Tynecastle or even that he’s struggling at the moment but until somebody can justify how we fill the obvious gap he would leave then I’m sticking to my guns on it. 

Another interesting point is that since he joined us in 2015 we’ve never won a league game that he has missed. 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

“He’s offering zero at the moment”

Yeah he only served up a late winner on a plate to a centre half today, and not for the first time this season either.

and maybe if he hadn't lost possession every time before that then we would have won comfortably and our nerves would still be together. Can't stand the " stat loyal ". Watch the game ffs!! He is playing terribly.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

and maybe if he hadn't lost possession every time before that then we would have won comfortably and our nerves would still be in together. Can't stand the " stat loyal ". Watch the game ffs!! He is playing terribly.

If my aunty had balls she would be uncle and all that.

We won 2-1 today  and he set up the winner. That’s isn’t “stat loyal” anything, that is me watching the game that played out in front of me and stating two indisputable facts.

I’ve said countless times that he isn’t in good form but I’m not mental enough to think that dropping him for Matt Polster or John Flanagan is going to improve us as a team because it isn’t.:lol:

Just now, Cedrick said:

I feel sorry for tav can’t be easy trying to play your way out a bad spell with half the ground desperate for him to remain in it 

Not me, I have a lot of admiration for Tav the player/man but as a manager, you need to recognize when he needs to be dropped. And to be honest, it was weeks ago.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

I know that. I just find these ‘support our captain’ posts completely pathetic considering he’s only getting stick he genuinely deserves. 

If we had drawn or got beat today they posts would be far and few between. He needs the penalties duty taken from him then that’ll be one less thing for him to worry about. 

24 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Don't forget he played against Cowdenbeath in the cup at RB and was probably the worst player on the park.

Not me, I have a lot of admiration for Tav the player/man but as a manager, you need to recognize when he needs to be dropped. And to be honest, it was weeks ago.

Bearing in mind our centre mid create nothing , I’m asking who are we bringing in to replace tav , 99% of our attacks are centre mid play it to tav and Barrasic and they swing it in , give it to flanno or polster there getting it 5 yards straight back 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Bearing in mind our centre mid create nothing , I’m asking who are we bringing in to replace tav , 99% of our attacks are centre mid play it to tav and Barrasic and they swing it in , give it to flanno or polster there getting it 5 yards straight back 

They are two different entities if you ask me. We won today with many players under performing. Not just Tav, but Aribo and Arfield as well and possibly a few others. But those two are not related to Tav's slump and neither is the myth of Candeias. He needs to watch from the stands and regroup.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

I know that. I just find these ‘support our captain’ posts completely pathetic considering he’s only getting stick he genuinely deserves. 

Ryan jack cost the goal on Thursday I’ve not heard a word about it that’s the difference 

They are two different entities if you ask me. We won today with many players under performing. Not just Tav, but Aribo and Arfield as well and possibly a few others. But those two are not related to Tav's slump and neither is the myth of Candeias. He needs to watch from the stands and regroup.

Again and play who right back ? 

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Ryan jack cost the goal on Thursday I’ve not heard a word about it that’s the difference 

because he has done it once just like I forgave Tav after his mistake against celtic last year.  But then YB's and then Hearts.......

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Again and play who right back ? 

Simple. Polster or Flanagan, I don't mind.

Archived