Gerrard & Aribo Post Match Reaction

Laudrup1984

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

100% mate. We should be able to put 3 or 4 past that Hearts team over 90 mins even if we lost one (or even two) silly early goals. Nowhere near the standard needed today. 

I completely agree.  We should have the quality to put three goals past that Hearts team.  You look at our team in the midfield and wide areas and wonder where the goals are going to come from.  

25 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Katic had a fucking mare against Uche

How was that ? Cause he lost out on some headers .The big guy does that with every defender he plays against 

Katic wasn't at his best but I'm assuming you think Tavs had 2 nightmares in our last 2 away games then. 

I have no problem with Katic today up against their most powerful player 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

How was that ? Cause he lost out on some headers .The big guy does that with every defender he plays against 

Katic wasn't at his best but I'm assuming you think Tavs had 2 nightmares in our last 2 away games then. 

At least had the balls to challenge him unlike his defensive partner 

And cost us one less goal than our captain did 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

He never done it against Katic last season in the split. 

Yes, he has. 

There is no point rightfully pointing the finger at players who make horrendous fuck ups then never dropping them no matter how many times they do it. Maybe its cos tav is the captain that hes never dropped. Fuck knows but if that's the case take the captaincy off him first, after all he does nothing to merit the title.

15 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

There is no point rightfully pointing the finger at players who make horrendous fuck ups then never dropping them no matter how many times they do it. Maybe its cos tav is the captain that hes never dropped. Fuck knows but if that's the case take the captaincy off him first, after all he does nothing to merit the title.

It's so frustrating. The manager has spoken about players needing to earn the shirt and fight to keep their place in the side.

Yet he has favourites that play regardless of recent form. 

It's a bad attitude to have as a manager and will cost him long term.

He needs to be totally ruthless. If a player is not delivering consistently then get someone else in his place. 

41 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Katic was dreadful, that’s two games in a row against Physical strikers he’s been bullied.

Second half Aribo had to protect him at bye kicks and kick outs.

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Katic wasn’t at his best today and yet again didn’t cost us any goals but will be out if not on Thursday then next weekend. Still better than Goldson defensively who got turned inside out by Ikpeazu towards the end and at one point almost let Hearts in on the break because he was too busy on the ground appealing the ref

Tav was shocking again all around, cost us points with a completely weird decision again and he’ll stay in 

Double standards, not good enough

Good grief......

3 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Agreed mate he was spot on. But he now has to do something about it.

I was actually shocked with his comments about the creativity, so Kamara and co aren’t being instructed to go square all game and not even attempt positivity 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Embarrassing how people always find a way to make out Goldson is at fault instead of Katic

The first half was that bad we pulled our attacking mid/ guy who was signed to be our creative force back twenty yards to protect Katic..

15 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Katic was dreadful, that’s two games in a row against Physical strikers he’s been bullied.

Second half Aribo had to protect him at bye kicks and kick outs.

I like Katic and thought he did ok considering what he was up against yesterday.

The other option we have  if up against a man mountain of a centre forward, would be to play Edmundson who is fucking huge and will have came up against plenty of big bruising centre forwards in the lower English divisions.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

I like Katic and thought he did ok considering what he was up against yesterday.

The other option we have  if up against a man mountain of a centre forward, would be to play Edmundson who is fucking huge and will have came up against plenty of big bruising centre forwards in the lower English divisions.

That’s Katic struggled badly against Dykes and Ikpeazu.

Helander struggled against Dykes too so agree that mibbe time for Edmundson to get a shot..

I have a bad feeling that he’ll play Edmundson in midfield to help combat Ikpeazu in Semi Final.

I'm going to be in the minority here but hey ho.

I thought we were terrible (with the majority with that one).  But I'm ok with getting a point out of the game because it turned into one of those games you get a few times a season where everyone is off form, you get no real breaks of the ball, the ref makes some bad decisions, a lot of 50/50s go against you, you rack up bookings because you get frustrated and just nothing goes right. 

That's not a defense of the team, we were terrible.  It's just the reality of watching Hearts get gifted a goal and then having something to cling on to.  We just didn't ever get to grip with the big striker and never quite won enough quick ball, or 2nd ball.  He got them up the park brilliantly at times and it became really hard for us to play or build momentum as a result.  As SG said, you need to earn the right to play in these games and we didn't, so it just became a horrible battle.  But, importantly, it was one we didn't lose - although it feels like we did.

When you see Ikepazu flatten Barisic at the corner flag for his 3rd foul in about 10 minutes and there to be no foul and it ends up the ref getting mad at McGregor and booking him, you realise what kind of messed up game it is.  Same with Morelos 2nd half, he gets booked for his reaction to just being too strong for Ikepazu, when that's their big striker had been shouldering us out of challenges all game.  It's everything that is wrong with Scottish football, the way Hearts played (same for Aberdeen and Livingston) is somehow celebrated as being some kind of tactical masterclass.  It's horrific.  We need to find a way to beat it, but it is horrific.

We are going to have games like this all season - away games to Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell and Livingston will be identical to the template Hearts played yesterday.  Long balls to big striker and flooding forward to fight for the 2nd balls, disrupting the game and making it a battle.  That Glenn Whelan challenge on Morelos when he was just about to put Ojo through on goal is a case in point.  It's a yellow card, you could never say it's a red, but if he doesn't commit the foul, Ojo will have a clear run on goal.  2nd half, ref bottles giving the Hearts player a 2nd yellow for a foul as bad as his first yellow 2 mins before.

I'm not distraught at drawing this one, but we better be better the next time the template is repeated. 

As an aside, Ojo needs dropped.  If he continues to play when Kent and Jones are available, we will know for sure that it's a loan deal with some guaranteed playing time built in.  He's horrific.

19 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I was told Gerrard said he was happy with a draw today. 

Anyone confirm? 

He should be. We were lucky. 2 attempts on goal and they hit the bar aswell. Was a shocker.

Hopefully he’s going to axe a couple of mainstays. Keep arfield central and stop fucking about. That side will struggle at livi and hibs. Changes need to be made.

17 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

I'm going to be in the minority here but hey ho.

I thought we were terrible (with the majority with that one).  But I'm ok with getting a point out of the game because it turned into one of those games you get a few times a season where everyone is off form, you get no real breaks of the ball, the ref makes some bad decisions, a lot of 50/50s go against you, you rack up bookings because you get frustrated and just nothing goes right. 

That's not a defense of the team, we were terrible.  It's just the reality of watching Hearts get gifted a goal and then having something to cling on to.  We just didn't ever get to grip with the big striker and never quite won enough quick ball, or 2nd ball.  He got them up the park brilliantly at times and it became really hard for us to play or build momentum as a result.  As SG said, you need to earn the right to play in these games and we didn't, so it just became a horrible battle.  But, importantly, it was one we didn't lose - although it feels like we did.

When you see Ikepazu flatten Barisic at the corner flag for his 3rd foul in about 10 minutes and there to be no foul and it ends up the ref getting mad at McGregor and booking him, you realise what kind of messed up game it is.  Same with Morelos 2nd half, he gets booked for his reaction to just being too strong for Ikepazu, when that's their big striker had been shouldering us out of challenges all game.  It's everything that is wrong with Scottish football, the way Hearts played (same for Aberdeen and Livingston) is somehow celebrated as being some kind of tactical masterclass.  It's horrific.  We need to find a way to beat it, but it is horrific.

We are going to have games like this all season - away games to Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell and Livingston will be identical to the template Hearts played yesterday.  Long balls to big striker and flooding forward to fight for the 2nd balls, disrupting the game and making it a battle.  That Glenn Whelan challenge on Morelos when he was just about to put Ojo through on goal is a case in point.  It's a yellow card, you could never say it's a red, but if he doesn't commit the foul, Ojo will have a clear run on goal.  2nd half, ref bottles giving the Hearts player a 2nd yellow for a foul as bad as his first yellow 2 mins before.

I'm not distraught at drawing this one, but we better be better the next time the template is repeated. 

As an aside, Ojo needs dropped.  If he continues to play when Kent and Jones are available, we will know for sure that it's a loan deal with some guaranteed playing time built in.  He's horrific.

You more or less covered a lot of the game there mate. You didn’t mention Tavernier’s fuckup though. 

Archived