AGM Thread

BridgeIsBlue

Did he rescue us from the scumbags who had control of us previously, consistently invest in the playing squad and bring in the best manager we've had since Walter?  Absolutely.

Did he oversee the fiascos that were Caixinha, McInnes, Murty and losing millions in the SD court cases? Undoubtedly.

Am I grateful to him?  Yes.

Should stands and streets be named after him?  Fuck no.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Did he rescue us from the scumbags who had control of us previously, consistently invest in the playing squad and bring in the best manager we've had since Walter?  Absolutely.

Did he oversee the fiascos that were Caixinha, McInnes, Murty and losing millions in the SD court cases? Undoubtedly.

Nail on head for me, he will always be welcomed back with open arms for what he has done but any further is just stupid.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

If King hadn't come in and rescued the club the fiascos certainly would never have happened because there would have been no fuckin club left in the first place

2 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

If King hadn't come in and rescued the club the fiascos certainly would never have happened because there would have been no fuckin club left in the first place

Saving the club doesn't justify the fuck ups for me.  Many can't see past what he did in 2015 and I fully understand that but I don't see it that way.

5 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Saving the club doesn't justify the fuck ups for me.  Many can't see past what he did in 2015 and I fully understand that but I don't see it that way.

Seriously? There would be no fuck ups to talk about if King & Co hadn't come to the rescue. They saved my (our) club and put us on a strong footing. The scum are shitting themselves this year. I will be forever grateful to King & Co.

1 minute ago, Ontario Bear said:

Seriously? There would be no fuck ups to talk about if King & Co hadn't come to the rescue. They saved my (our) club and put us on a strong footing. The scum are shitting themselves this year. I will be forever grateful to King & Co.

Yes I know there wouldn't be a club to fuck up etc etc.  I'm not an idiot.  It doesn't mean I have to just ignore some of the charlatans I had to look on to in our dugout throughout his reign.

15 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

To those who wil never approve of King I have one simple question.

Without him where would we be now ?

How will we ever know we could have a decent retail deal and not dropped 11 million recently.

2 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Yes you did Mark. Pity about fucking off to England first sign that you realised weren't up to it.  Bring on those three subs.......all together now.

Never understand this argument.  His jacket was on a shoogily peg, King had made it known he didn’t rate him, he would have been sacked sooner rather than later.  So the guy tried to look after his own interests, what a surprise for anyone to do that eh.

24 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Yes I know there wouldn't be a club to fuck up etc etc.  I'm not an idiot.  It doesn't mean I have to just ignore some of the charlatans I had to look on to in our dugout throughout his reign.

Sorry, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

51 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

This sums it up for me. 

Just now, Gazzalivesforever said:

Anyone wanna summarise the AGM so I don't have to scroll through ten pages of tit for tat big dick competitions? 

Gerrard got 4 cup final tickets 4 fucking cup final tickets the fucking manager and he gets 4 fucking cup final tickets. I am done with our club supported them all my life but will now give u my season ticket.

Apart from that I cant think of anything else that happened at the AGM.

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

haha, kind of feel the same - I made a couple of posts then gave up. Too many people completely and utterly entrenched, unwilling to budge to a sensible stance. 

Yup you can see the folk who dont get on a d have obviously been at each other for years. Could we have been run better? Yes but I think as a club we are in a safer position than we have been for years. 

Archived