We won’t win anything with that defence

GOAT

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helander has the pace that Davie Weir did in his last season with us. 

He has been giving me the fear since he arrived. There is no doubt he reads the game well, but he is too. fucking. slow.

If Gerrard and his coaching staff  can’t see that his lack of pace is a major problem then they will never make it in management. 

Goldson is a bomb scare as well and, as I said in the match thread, I believe our best CHs are Edmundson and Katic. They perhaps lack experience but one of them should be playing at all times as we develop the other.

the Goldson /Helander partnership is going to cost us big time 

6 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Apart from Porto I genuinely don’t know the last time we conceded a half decent goal,

The majority are complete fuck ups. We have a good record which is the frustrating thing but it’s stupid goals that we are giving away which is the worrying part

And even that came from a brain fart from Jack with a shitey short pass.

we are killing ourselves with individual errors time after time and sadly it comes down to the weak mentality we have. 

7 hours ago, The Godfather said:

If Flanagan is anywhere near that line up then it’s over before it starts 

Mark Guidi, on Clyde last night, strongly suggested that Gerrard was playing Flanagan to get him ready for Sunday because........wait for it.........he was better than Barasic defensively..

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Mark Guidi, on Clyde last night, strongly suggested that Gerrard was playing Flanagan to get him ready for Sunday because........wait for it.........he was better than Barasic defensively..

If Frimpong goes up against him then he won’t know if he’s going for a shite a shave or a shower.  Seriously Flanagan is a poor mans kirk broadfoot 

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Forest was marked out of the game in the 2-0 loss with Flanagan playing decent .Goldson cost us the lead that we couldn't turn around .SG will think Forrest will get in behind Barasic I fear .So he may go with same idea .

2 hours ago, don logan said:

One thing Gerrard needs needs to have learned from last time is to focus on our strengths. Not adjusting our team to counter their perceived ones.

Flanagan was ok last time but it fucked our system. Barasic needs to play, they'll be worried about his pushing onto their full back and deliveries more than we should concern ourselves with his defending which is actually fine.

Flanagan was embarrassing  at the first goal with his fresh air shot, Going for the shy

then the one he skied into the air in the penalty box , which gave them a free header

hes so awkward it's brutal to watch

2 hours ago, don logan said:

Flanagan is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen that's came from the top flight down south.

No ability at all, all he has is effort and goes through players...that's it.

Goldson at the equaliser last night was a fucking joke. A shitebag of the highest order. Probably the softest centre back in the league. I don’t see anyone else get physically bullied the way he does. Sick to fuck watching him wear our shirt. Worst thing is he will play every minute of every game because Gerrard loves him. 

41 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Flanagan was embarrassing  at the first goal with his fresh air shot, Going for the shy

then the one he skied into the air in the penalty box , which gave them a free header

hes so awkward it's brutal to watch

That one he skied into our box I actually struggled to believe what I was watching. If you don’t that on a Saturday morning grassroots you’d be slaughtered never mind a pro.

fuck all this about him marking Forrest and what not, if barasic is even half fit he plays every time 

Katic
Edmundson 
Goldson 
Helander 

in that order. Katic is a warrior and yes he is prone to a fuck up but less so than the two holding the jerseys  

Gerrard needs to ditch the ego, forget about price tags and play the best players available, regardless of age, background or history.

Greg Stewart should have started last night after the weekend, Flannagan should not be starting critical games if he plays at all it should be built up, when shit is not going as we want it to we need to make positive changes. 

Katic on for Kent? If Murty did that I would expect him back in charge of the youth team by morning (McCoist-esque management)

When was the last time we conceded a goal that you can say no what, that was just a brilliant goal nothing our defence could have done about it?  I’m struggling.  If it’s not Tav it’s Goldson and then Flanagan aswell last night.  Goldson needs dropped for Katic on Sunday, but it won’t happen.  Still absolutely puzzling how Katic got dropped in the first place, he’s by far our best defender. 

7 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Katic
Edmundson 
Goldson 
Helander 

in that order. Katic is a warrior and yes he is prone to a fuck up but less so than the two holding the jerseys  

Gerrard needs to ditch the ego, forget about price tags and play the best players available, regardless of age, background or history.

Greg Stewart should have started last night after the weekend, Flannagan should not be starting critical games if he plays at all it should be built up, when shit is not going as we want it to we need to make positive changes. 

Katic on for Kent? If Murty did that I would expect him back in charge of the youth team by morning (McCoist-esque management)

Fuck me man.

Edmundson over people that were superb in games against Legia, Feyenoord, and Porto based pretty much solely on friendlies.

The same Katic that has been pish in his last three games, and bullied off Uche?

The main three are all good, but Katic is overrated as fuck

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Forest was marked out of the game in the 2-0 loss with Flanagan playing decent .Goldson cost us the lead that we couldn't turn around .SG will think Forrest will get in behind Barasic I fear .So he may go with same idea .

Forest got taken off that game because he was petrified of Flanagan. He had him in his back pocket.  But Barisic plays 100% if fit.

7 hours ago, fernando0606 said:

How is Katic left sided? He is a right footed player.

Why does he generally play on the left?  Noticed it more when he plays alongside Barisic.  Always thought it was zgoldson,Edmunson (r) and Helander, Katic(lL).  Mibees i got it wrong?

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Why does he generally play on the left?  Noticed it more when he plays alongside Barisic.  Always thought it was zgoldson,Edmunson (r) and Helander, Katic(lL).  Mibees i got it wrong?

I would think he's on the left as hes got a better left peg than goldson. Also Goldson played on the right last season due to worrall being left footed.

Archived