Is there a witch-hunt against Morelos?

The Dude

3 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

I seem to remember you did something for him as he was a teacher at a school near you, is that right?

I did indeed. He taught at Denny High School (i attended many years later and also returned there as a member of staff briefly) while he was playing for Rangers and arranged to have the PE Award named for him. It is something tied in to that which I'm trying to pull together.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I did indeed. He taught at Denny High School while playing for Rangers and arranged to have the PE Award named for him and is something tied in to that which I'm trying to pull together.

I knew you had done something like that, brilliant stuff Dude, I look forward to your piece, will it be a YouTube thing or an article ? 

5 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

I knew you had done something like that, brilliant stuff Dude, I look forward to your piece, will it be a YouTube thing or an article ? 

Cheers, Hopefully, it'll be both - with a game of football thrown in for good measure.

The witch hunt is in full on hate mode.
The simple truth is it's not about Alfie,it's because he's helping Rangers to achieve where we're going.
I worked beside people in a carpet factory in 1972,and within 5 minutes of starting I knew what that gesture meant.
It meant cut the machines,as it's time up.
I have witnessed this gesture in loads of places which were noisy.
Coal mines,factories,building sites and off shore all used this gesture.
BUT!!!...let the haters say what ever they fuckin want.
Throat cut gesture my fuckin arse.
A full blown witch hunt from scabby bastards shiting themselves that we are about to upset the fenian empire.
Whoever takes his place will be under the same fuckin rules.
WELL!!!!...unless we win 55,which will make their bitterness and hate seem pointless.

In 1999 John Hartson became the first player to be charged with misconduct for a training ground incident after violently  kicking West Ham team-mate Eyal Berkovic in the head in training.

Hartson was fined £20,000 and was  given a three-match ban with the attack caught on camera.

He should know by now when to keep his big mouth shut.

This is a guy who battered a teammate in a training ground incident, preaching morality  and condemning another player for a cultural  gesture .

Hartson belatedly  uses  it for his own ends  to get publicity and to ingratiate himself to the tim brighade

Another bitter ex sellick man with a massive chip on his shoulder just like his pal Sutton.

9 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

Hartson is incredibly thick and can barely string two sentences together.

This is a guy who battered a colleague in a training ground incident, preaching morality  and condemning another player for a cultural  gesture .

Hartson belatedly  uses  it for his own ends  to get publicity and to ingratiate himself to the tim brighade

Another bitter ex sellick man with a massive chip on his shoulder just like his pal Sutton.

Supposing we dragged Alfie in to the centre circle and gave him the birch,it wouldn't matter to the haters.
They would then turn on the tribute to Smif n Wessun From Ryan Kent.
Do we think this would go away.
No fuckin way.
Hartson said it was ok as he apologised to his team mate for kickin him in the head.
El Hadji Diouf spat on one of the tramps,who tried to grab him while playing against them for Liverpool,and by the time it was reported in the Scottish media,he had spat on 60,000 of the smelly cunts.
Just horrible horrible bastards. 

I've said it before, the victimisation that Alfie gets is nothing short of utterly disgusting. In this day and age with all the snowflakes around us and how we should be treating people, yet Morelos seems to be exempt from it and receives some of the worst treatment anyone could put up with.  All this because he's a winner on the park and wants to battle for every ball. He's no angel and does silly things but for a young man(still learning to control his emotions) the abuse and torment he puts up with is deplorable and he should be congratulated for the manner in which he takes it on the chin and hasn't legged it out this country yet. 

31 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

you missed 'Are the kennedys gun-shy?' 

Am I un H.A.P.P.Y?
Does a new born baby cry?

Did Elvis really die?
Did Little Red Riding wear a hood?
Did the three bears shit in the woods?
Was Humpty Dumpty fat?
Does the pope wear a funny hat?
Is wrestling fixed?

©James Robert Morisson

Of course, best player by a mile in the bog water mess of a league.

It's because of the colours he wears because if he wore green and white it would be a different story.

Imagine they had Morelos and we had edouard the car crash and the gun incident would be brought up all the time but the excuse for Morelos would be he plays with fire in his belly and on the edge.

Of course there is . 

And I hate to tell anyone that's bored with this already , but it's only going to get worse . Not only will this episode keep on going , as hartson proved yesterday , but I'd expect to see new and further allegations to surface throughout the season . 

Its what they do . 

For the first time 10iar is under threat , so just wait for their press lackies and ex players turn the heat up . . . . . and not only is Morelos  the easiest target , but hes also one of the biggest threats to their aspirations.  

Is it only me that worries with the lack of response of the board ?

There is nothing better when you thousands of miles from home and a bitter press against you  that someone has your back . True , Gerrard has defended him , and his teammates and coaching staff are supportive , but with  the importance of such issues the defense of AM should come from the very top , after all this could be a deciding factor on whether AM stays or goes come the end of the season , like I say theres nothing better than feeling wanted .

Perhaps if he had been a relative of a board member instead of our most valuable asset we may have seen a wee bit more robust in our defense of Alfredo . 

Witch hunt of course their is

Exhibit 1....Alfredo receives sectarian & Racial abuse whilst leaving the field of play before any gestures were made.

The following day Rangers issue a statement about the said incidents, this is collaborated by stv journalist Peter Smith who was sent the footage but refused to give it a platform as it was so abusive (any other set of fans or player being abused and it would have been given a platform alright) the following day celtic issue a statement but in the statement they mention the gestures as being inflammatory!!!

Exhibit 2. Sutton calls for a 5 match ban for gestures but nothing mentioned about the sectarian or racial abuse

Exhibit 3. A constant reminder in the daily rhags that Alfredo could be called up for retrospective action from the compliance officer(clearly not for letting it go)

Exhibit 4. We now have news of a 3rd yellow card issued to Alfie for said gesture 

Exhibit 5. A whole 22 days after the game we now have hartson sticking his ore in....condemns Alfredo for the gesture, condemns SG and the Rangers board for their support of Alfie. 

Exhibit 6. After 2 days of statements regarding the sectarian & racial abuse Alfie received the media and pundits have totally fell silent, no arrests made, no football banning orders and last but not least NO CONDEMNATION of the people and of celtic by hartson & sutton on their former employers by not doing more to kick such abuse out.

In theory 22 now 23 days after a game which featured sectarian & racial abuse to a player is still talked about because the same player made a gesture, good to see we have our priorities sorted in Scotland!!!

21 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

The obsession with Alfredo is at least odd and potentially verging on  sinister.

The last time I remember something similar was with Djouff and he was also a black Rangers player.

There is indeed a sinister obsession and witch hunt within the MSM towards Alfie.

The bigger question for me is whether Clancy has bought into this hot head and aggressive narrative, or whether he is one of the key fuellers and instigators for it. Imo it's the latter with it being personal, blatant, unjust and deliberately targeting of a player.

13 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

The obsession with Alfredo is at least odd and potentially verging on  sinister.

The last time I remember something similar was with Djouff and he was also a black Rangers player.

That was the second worse racist incident in Scottish Football,after the Mark Walters episode.
You actually felt the hatred towards Diouf,and it was racially motivated.
The club was on the receiving end of downright hate that night,which i'm almost sure was the reason McCoist pulled up one of the games biggest bigots and thugs in NL.

On a side note, they should make hartson do a tour of the schools where he has two clips of footage to show

Clip 1 a footballer making a cut throat gesture and clip 2 a footballer kicking another player on the head while sitting on the ground!!

After airing the footage he should ask the kids which clip out the 2 carries a genuine threat to human life.....over to you fat man to explain your moral crusade on that one

Archived